So Lucky to Have You

Children of the Night
Play, Listen, & Read
 
The clock only struck three in the morning when the boys decided to depart me from this cell. Even though it was only a few hours ago that they were here, hell was corrupting in this building. Hospital gurneys raced down the hallways every time I turned my head towards the windows. I've seen the receptionists screamed at by the patients, demanding them to bring back their loved ones. I've witnessed a lot, but not it all. They saved me from any more destruction than I needed to see.  
A knock on the door woken me up from my sleepy haze, I was daydreaming about the man that had his chest ripped open. The blood that dripped and trailed down his skin had given me nightmares last night, ever since then I haven't slept; only shut my eyes to rest them from dryness. 
"How you feel?" Kyungsoo inquired before stepping in the room with a tray in his hands. There was a glass bowl in the center, emitting steam into the cool air. 
"I've been better," I attempted to smile. "How are you?" 
He had placed the tray on the desk in the corner so I would have to force myself to rise from the bed but I couldn't move; the warmth from the bed protected me from the cold. This gave Kyungsoo no option but to sit on the edge of the bed, facing me with his large, glossy orbs. He dropped his hand onto my leg for reassurance, patting it a few times just like my mother would when I sobbed about my father on his extended business trips. Kyungsoo was like a mother away from home, but he was completely different. 
"I'm fine, it's just you I'm worried about. You haven't left the room since you got here, not even to go to the bathroom or tell Chanyeol and Sehun to quiet down." 
"I was waiting for someone to come up here to comfort me which someone did," I trailed off, glancing at the side of the bed where Suho hushed my crying. 
 
"Jaewa?" Joonmyeon's voice sounded through the door. I tried to muffle my sobs but I wasn't cautious enough. 
I ran my hand under my nose and sniffled, "Yeah?" 
The door opened but I couldn't identify anything that could help me to determine it was truly him. It was only when he stepped closer towards the window that the moonlight cascaded on his soft facial features. 
"You scared me," he said as he climbed into bed where I typically slept. His actions; covering himself into the covers with me, was a completely different side of him. Usually, he wasn't that type of guy to slip in without one's consent, but I guess the courageous side of him kicked in. In the back of my mind, I always thought he would be a bad boy in the slightest of ways. 
"Sorry, I should have been quiet. I know I've worried you guys with the hospital and stuff." 
"Don't be sorry, it wasn't your fault." 
He heaved himself and me to sit up so he could wrap his arms around me. He felt so supporting and nonjudgmental, he was an angel in disguise; maybe that was the reason called him Suho. He never spoke of the wrong things, no foul language that could even slip by accident that occurred with Chanyeol and Sehun the most, never lusted like Baekhyun and Jongin, and he was nothing but kind towards me, he even apologized for shattering the patio door on our first encounter. It wasn't like he was to blame for it anyways. 
Exhaling a sigh of comfort allowed me to feel more than words could described; I was more than relieved to have someone to embrace me for I was and disregard the things I've done. The past was to never surface, was what my mother was meaning, that was why my parent's thought it best to start fresh and gift me with a second chance. In this life, I will not obey their demands and I will be the person I desire, not what everyone expects from me. Teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer, that was never my dream career. Painter, entertainer, musician, that was more what my mind appealed to, to sooth the pain one has suffered by expressing it an art. 
"Thank you, Joonmyeon," I said, my words were tangled into the fabric of his shirt. "For being there then I needed." 
He sharply exhaled from something unrecognizable but didn't I spend too much thought on it. "I wanted to be here with you," he quickly added after, "I mean, I knew that there was something you want-" 
"It's okay, I thought you were the easiest to talk to anyways." I prevented him for covering his words so he wouldn't feel embarrassed, not that I cared that he said that.  I was just glad he wanted to be near me, holding me, something. I was also appreciative about the fact that he was a listener and only responded honestly. 
"I heard about your family. I'm sorry." 
"Yeah, that's why I was crying. When my mother said I was adopted, I felt so out of place and abandoned." Joonmyeon placed his hand on my head while pushing it closer towards his chest. He decided to lay down on the now cold sheets, rubbing his warm and gentle hands up and down my arms; he was calming me from another round of crying. I felt them. The familiar burning sensation moistened my eyes with unwanted tears. I hated crying more than anything, it made me felt weak and defenseless. "I then noticed all of the scars on my arms, legs, everywhere. It was true, I was abused. I didn't believe her at first, it seemed a fantasy, but I was reminded by you guys. It had to be real." 
"We're here to protect you, I don't want you to ever worry about anyone coming after you. Goodnight." He kissed my head before ruffling out of the covers. The alarm clock perched on the night table read four-twenty-nine. When we arrived back home, he must have stayed awake in case anything could occur at the moment. The way his back slouched, shoulders drooped, the dark creases under his half-lidded eyes, were all symptoms of his sleep being deprived. The other wolves where suffering from the same illness, all worrying because of me. Sometimes I wished they didn't give a rat's about my state so they could be selfish towards themselves for once. Since I was a frail girl, did they have the urge to eagerly have me under their surveillance? Did they think they were responsible for an average girl such as myself? 
"Goodnight. Sleep well." 
 
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
 
Updated this story finally. Sorry I took so long, hope the wait wasn't so gruesome. 
I'm tired hehe it's past my bedtime but I said I NEED TO UPDATE! I HAVE SOMETHING TO WRITE ABOUT! Soooo there you have it. And TBH Suho is my favorite in EXO-K (even though I love BAEKHYUN KYUNGSOO CHANYEOL KAI AND SEHUN A LOOOT TOO) so I will try to make it as not-biased as possible.
Me sleepy >.< everyone have a wonderful day/night! Stay healthy