Acceptance

Children of the Night
"Yixing, work faster!" Jongdae screamed, tears brimmed the waterline of his eyes. I hadn't noticed what Yixing's hands were doing nor where they were located from this angle, but when the other's moved to search for something I had a full view; his hands were submerged in a white cloud, fiery clouds circulating up to his wrists, placed over Yifan's motionless body, specifically his chest. His body would shiver or jerk every now and then, but other than that, he remained deadly still. 
"It's okay," Kyungsoo's voice rang in my ears. "Yixing will heal him." 
I glanced to my right, where I expected the door to be, Kyungsoo's features greeted my eyes, his eyebrows furrowed together and his eyes gleaming with concern. He smelled of lavender, soothing my senses while my muscles relaxed, and a fresh spring breeze. His hand imprinted it's spot on my back, patting to calm me down when I was trembling.
"Get away from her!" Someone barked in our direction. 
My eyes pealed open from the unexpected statement, Luhan was sprinting towards Kyungsoo in a mass of blurry lines, and turned to witness hands clutching onto the other's neck. "Luhan, no!"
"What the hell are you doing here?!" Luhan spat his bitter welcoming to Kyungsoo's face. 
"That's no way to greet an ally," he stated collectedly, those strand of words could have costed him his life. "Chill out."
My hands were no longer tranquil at my sides, now pounding fists onto Luhan's back, while I screeched for this to end. Luhan was too swift for my reflexes, with now one hand enclosed on his neck and the other grasping both of my wrists together. 
"Jaewa, stay back, you're going to get hurt."
"He's on our side," I broke free of his clench so I could knot my arms around his torso to yank him away. "Listen to me." He wouldn't budge before but at this moment, he submissively complied to my actions and stepped a few inches away from his victim. He pivoted to inspect me, checking my arms and legs with his scanning eyes to make sure that there weren't any bruises, scratches, or cuts on me. He questioned if I was okay but I wasn't okay at all, Yifan was dying, Kyungsoo's head practically could have been wrenched off of his neck, and my heart was speeding against a freight train. 
I am okay, I am not dead
"I'm fine," I reclaimed my hand which Luhan held in his, and turned to the other clutching himself. I crouched before him, my eyes catching the sight of red strikes engraved in his neck, then dared myself to touch them; I was too of a coward to so instead stood, and offered my hand to him.