Abilities

Children of the Night
"Don't worry about me," he said swiftly after, waving his hand to dismiss what he was feeling. "I'm fine, I'm breathing, I'm here."
"If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here for you," I placed a hand on his arm, earning a startled look from him then easing when he gazed at me. "You don't have to go through anything alone." 
"Thank you." 
I claimed my hand back, not that I felt like I needed to but I was feeling uncomfortable with his intense staring, quickly averting my sight on my sneakers again. My laces were filthy, covered in pollen and mud that has now dried to crisp dirt. Counting all the sockets where the laces entered composed myself once more, collecting the crumbling pieces of my sanity that were just laying around.
"You don't have to be nervous around me. I'm not like those guys who are lustful for girls," he muttered, attempting to meet my eyes again. One socket, two, three-
"How did you-" I shook my head. "I wasn't saying anything." 
Luhan now turned to me, gathering his legs that were outstretched and sitting criss-crossed. He wore a perplexed expression, surprised even. "You mean, Yifan never told you?" 
It hurts, his name, when he pops in my head
"What?" I laughed the pain out of my heart, temporarily. 
"He never told you that we had powers?" 
"You mean, besides being full wolf and gobbling down three plates of food?" 
He chuckled to himself, his eyes became crescents like the early phases of the moon. That was his true smile, grin, giggle, this was how he really was inside all these years. Not the douchebag-Luhan, or the soccer-player-Luhan, or the cool-kid-with-a-bad-reputation-Luhan; that was what other students supposedly rendered him as in school.
"He never told you that we had our own powers?" He restated, a bit more serious this time. "Like it never got brought up?" 
I picked at my shorts, wondering if I should take the guilt for not being so concerned or inquiring more information of them. "No, not that I remember. I mean, I didn't ask him much about his life, I felt like a nuisance when I did." 
"You're not a nuisance." He pushed my shoulder playfully. "Want to know what mine is?" 
My eyes and chest sparked with interest, electricity was trembling my whole body internally but I somehow remained tranquil externally. I wanted to know if I could be useful, if I could blast fire through my fingertips or control people's functions. How delightful would it be to contain an ability that one could just mess around with, just have fun and go at it. I shortly forgot he was wanting an reply to his question so I remembered to nod my head. 
"We can start off simple. Think of a number one through one hundred." 
Simple enough, not rocket-science or difficult to achieve. I selected my number in seconds, waiting for him to work his magic, literally, to witness the greatness of his power. 
"Ninety seven," he opened his eyes. 
"How the hell did you do that?" I smacked his shoulder in utter shock. 
"What did I say?" He shrugged, a tiny smirk playing along the ends of his lips. I had to admit, this was getting my mind off of the current situation happening with Yifan. 
"That is the coolest thing ever. Okay, wait, I'm going to think of something and you'll have to see it." 
"Go for it." 
My mind wandered while his statements stammered after, trying to catch up with my rapidly transitioning thoughts. I would think of one object, he would mutter it aloud, then it was another change which he would follow shortly after. We relayed this process until it seemed to me that I believed his newfound ability; to me, at least.