Miracles In Life

Children of the Night
The dense woods raced past in my peripheral view but staring straight ahead it seemed eternity to even come near a tree. I thought to myself if I disguise my scent in the woods, that had other odors like the stench of pine and animal waste, I could actually escape from them, but the crunching of the deceased leaves and the pants exerted from me could blow my cover. 
The trees began to double in size and population, causing me to have more caution. If I turned around to make sure I wasn't being followed, I could run straight into one, so I spared no time for injuries or slowing down. The thought that had fueled my combustion was wolves engraving their claws into my porcelain flesh and leaving me without any defense. They would snarl for a piece of my limbs where they further consumed my arteries. 
I was too deep in thought to notice a boulder approaching, tripping over the awkwardly placed rock. My foot twisted under me but I had to keep thriving until I reached the gated community of my home town. But my reflexes were slow, one of the wolves caught me. His shadow threatened to swallow my body whole, mocking me in size.
"Please!" I shielded my head with my arms. "Just let me be!" Tears streamed down my face, soaking the leaves with my misery. I didn't know why but it felt comforting that I at least attempted to escape. But that couldn't aid me in any way of escape, I was now the towering blur of the man screamed failure in my mind. I was too clumsy and wasn't swift enough to withdraw from their grasp. All I ever wanted right now was to have one final chance to praise, be grateful for my family of how much of a blessing they were and witness their smiles along with their eyes forming into crescents. 
"Run," he spit out. "They're coming."
Confusion struck me harder than his appearance. When my head cleared of unwanted thoughts, my eyes focused on the silhouette of the figure. It was no other than Kyungsoo. He was the decent one, Joonmyeon as well. I could note how they were similar in kindness and concern. 
But now wasn't the correct period to awe over the fact that Kyungsoo was thoughtful, it was time for escape and I spared no more wasted ticking. I heaved myself with the assistance of the one who caused my injury- I was still continuing to ramble curses at the piece of nature- and limped down the hill. 
As I was nearing the bottom of the hill, sliding down sideways simply because it would be quicker, I heard Kyungsoo direct the others to return to the van so they could search for me. Relief washed my grass-burns, for they stung no longer. Tears of joy threatened to burst but I had to retain myself or they would hear me. They have sensitive hearing, meaning they could pick up the slightest sound, even a sob of a teenage girl. 
Sunlight bared the forest in a golden trance and the city's buildings were so close. My arms itched to touch the cement of my hometown once again, being reunited with my life before it was disrupted. I could lay on my bed, sprawl in my bed sheets and reminisce the memories of when I was younger. I could rewind the past events, then erase them from my mind, return to my average life, see my friends once again. I can be myself again and the thought sounded refreshing.