Another Broken Promise

Children of the Night

Play, Listen, & Read

I wore a pained smile- hopefully I would remain undetected near him but it was difficult because he could read me like a book- enthralled that he found a girl that made him happy. He patted my hand, reassuring that he would still dig some time in his now busy schedule for me; and that's all that mattered at the moment. Him and I right now, and me not being another third-wheel. 
Uncapping the milk container, I chugged the content until it filled the other half of my stomach that the food left unoccupied. It was sweet just like I remembered, maybe too sugary fo such a dull life of mine. School, library, home, a cycle that was continuous and always remained the same; though the beast boys were a change in the cycle but now that my family has returned, there were no more chances of them appearing again and I never felt so secured. It will be like this for the rest of high school then college would be the same. 
"Hey, you alright?" Yifan's fingers tilted my chin so our eyes could meet. "Such a Debby-Downer." His tongue clicked, tsking me. 
"Sorry," I shook away from his grasp. "I was thinking of homework." 
"I can help, you know." His thumb brushed over my bottom lip and for a second I thought that his girlfriend could be lingering around, possibly could spread gruesome rumors about me. Yifan replied to the pout I wore, saying there was a bit of milk but I still had my doubts. How come he was so touchy lately? Even though we were best friends to the day of our graves would be dug, we would still be companions in the afterlife, he had never features of my face. This morning he was removing the remaining crust from my eyes but it seemed something more than a friendly guesture and now this? Nevertheless, I thought little of it. 
"Of course, but it's just that I'm just not used to being in school after what happened." I wasn't going to spill all the events that happened, I was going to seem like a fool who made up mystical creatures to stay home, playing hooky; it was already difficult to accept the fact that werewolves existed and my parent were not mine, how could I even gather words for that? The moment that I would finally converse about the topic was playing in my mind: Yifan's eyebrow would be quirked in disbelief about six extremely gorgeous men breaking in through the glass door, what were the odds of that?
"Yeah, the flu get people good. Sorry I couldn't visit, there was this annoying project in AP World." 
"It's alright, I didn't think you would wanted to see me," I nervously rubbed the back of my neck. "To sum it up, it was not pretty." 
"You kidding me? I would have been your slave," he burst out in laughter when I spoke of him in a maids outfit; the dress ending just before his mid-thigh. Do they even tailor them for his size? For a giant, he was taller than Chanyeol. 

"Can we make a promise?" I nodded my head to his request. Even though I acknowledged him the last, I still thought he was charming and extremely handsome just as the others are. Somehow my mind always drifted back to the thought that I was stuck in between a fairytale of werewolves and a magical elder woman to diminish the memories of my past. This was not reality, but could all of this be a dream? 
"We should spend time together so we could get to know each other."
 

Maybe I just said yes so he would abandon me in the room, for once I would be alone then. The wolves couldn't have done anything then, it was a hospital; a very public place that if they stole a patient, there were consequences awaiting for each of them. I would list them all but there were too many to even count, how many constitutional rights they crossed, boundaries that were erased so they could be with me. Or as they stated it, protecting me. Yeah, from my sanity.