Whose To Say They Won't Hear Me

Children of the Night
Frustratedly, I plopped down on the previous chair where I sat, grabbing fistfuls of my hair and yanking until I couldn't bear it anymore. Why? Why would he allow me to simply escape when he was within the group that desired to have me chained against freedom? I was so puzzled, two and two wouldn't and couldn't possibly connect to each other. He couldn't be Attached to me, because it was Yifan who was madly in love with me. But having this bond doesn't summarize or begin to describe what love was. 
"Jaewa," a groggily voice called out. 
I sprung from my chair, surprised to discover I wasn't alone. I prayed to the heavens that Kyungsoo was taking his precious time and not trying to rush himself, somewhat because of his wounds.
"What are you doing up?" I shoved my hands in my pocket so they couldn't be seen trembling and attempted to block the view of the bulky kit.
"I should be asking you that," he fisted his eyes to rid of sleep. Honestly, I wanted to shovel his body up and dump him back into bed, but he was half a foot taller than I will ever be, heavier than what I can lift. His sandy hair was disheveled, his shirt and jeans wrinkled from tossing around in the sheets. Even though he was half awake, he was still on his toes. 
"I was thirsty so I grabbed a cup of water. You should go back to bed, you know, from all the training and stuff," I suggested, hoping he would just take the hint. He stepped to his left, now in full sight of the kit perched on the table behind me. He interrogated me, checking my body for wounds and cuts, though he did earlier when all of us were training. I waved off his burning concern with saying I was alright and it was only a mere cut from washing dishes. 
"If you need anything, wake me up." He bent down to give me a peck on my forehead while rubbing both of my arms for reassurance. 
"I'm fine," I said finally, my hand clasping around his upper arm. I could feel his muscles, most likely sore and wouldn't doubt if some were torn from the intense workouts he had been pushing himself through, and noticed he was getting stronger and more powerful each day. "Don't push yourself too hard, you might tear something." I met his eyes, hoping mine reflected the genuine worry that I was feeling. "Please."
He nodded, listening to me for once, and headed back upstairs; he briefly paused in the middle of the staircase to glance in my direction one last time before he trailed back to bed. Swiftly and somewhat casually, I strode over to the bathroom door, placing my ear to gladly hear the soft pattering of water hitting the tub. My prayers have been answered. 
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The title of this chapter was a lyric from Lay Me Down by Sam Smith (he's bae omg his voice is so amazing you guys should check him out! I have never heard a bad song by him) I've noticed my writing for this story has been slacking like the vocabulary I'm using so I apologize for that.. I kind of want to write this story more casually instead of pounding words in that are intricate and confusing. I'm writing an AOT fic that I will be posting on here (after I finish my stories) that will be a more complex level of vocabulary and Hidden Angels I'm trying to keep that firm/sophisticated language with. (btw chapter in the process of HA) Anyways, I'll try to update as much as I can, due to school and now sudden testing every other week for English (idk why but the schoolboard is being a ). As always my Apples, keeping reading, check out my other stories, and I'm here to talk. I check AFF every time I get the chance, multiple times a day so if you guys need someone to talk to I'm also here. Sorry for this long boring A/N but yes, I had to do it. Stay healthy and well, love you all! Byeee~~~ :D