Taken Away

Children of the Night
Kyungsoo rose with my assistance, the others must have severely pulverized him to a pulp, he could barely place one foot in front of the other without heavily leaning and relying on me for support. I guided him to the chair where he could rest for a bit so the remainder of us could get a solution to the problem that was currently in our hands; his life, Yifan's, was in our hands. My feet had minds of their own, striding to the side of the bed where he laid, his condition was gradually becoming worse, the ounce of hope that remained in my heart was diminishing by the grain, like wind beating against sand. 
"I'm sorry," Yixing, who had been sweating bullets as he operated on the motionless body, stated in sorrow. His shoulders sagged, his eyes closed to conceal themselves from the terror on my face, he could barely bring himself to mutter those two words. "I don't know what it's from, but we all cherished him more than a leader. Like a brother." 
"Wait!" Tears were streaking down my face, I then realized that when my fingers brushed against my cheeks, while my voice broke with desperation seeping into those gaps. "There has to be something more! He can't just die!" My fists clenched on the material of Yixing's gray hoodie, attempting to grasp onto a part of him to shake him to the bone, to wake him up. Then I turned to Jongdae, to wake him of his wandering mind, there had to be something we could do to revive him. We couldn't just allow this to happen, even if it was right under our noses. 
"There's nothing we can do." Minseok stated, a dread tone engulfing his voice. "There are no wounds on him, he's clean."
"It could've been anything," Zitao added. "Heart attack, , brain malfunction, we couldn't have done anything about it in this little time. If it was an open wound, there is no doubt we would do everything to keep him alive. But this, this is different. This was from within the body." 
"Don't you guys have antibiotics? Something?!" I collapsed to the floor, covering my ears with my palms, was this how it felt when all your sanity becomes vacant? My heart was no longer considered breaking, it was squeezed from it's blood, wringed to the chambers, tossed back into my chest and expected to operate just as it was previously. 
"Jaewa," Luhan hunched over to observe my face. He was too close to me. Close enough to inflict pain, excruciating, horrid pain. "Are you alright?"
"No," my voice was transferred to only a mere breath. "How could anyone be alright?" It was more of a rhetorical question, not demanding an answer or response but more to deeply acknowledge how any person could pass off someone they loved easily. 
"I know." His arms knotted around my shoulders for an embrace, but it burned, first it began on my shoulders then incinerated the rest of the surface of my skin, spreading like wildfire. It ached, it was uncomfortable, but I had retained no energy for any action: moving, crying, sleeping. 
"We can't just let him go," my breath was caught in my throat. 
"I know, but there is no way to bring him back. If there was, we would." His grip altered right before I was becoming accustomed to this foreign pain, my skin was now igniting with prickling flames every inch of my body. 
"I think it's time," Minseok spoke, signaling the others to stand near him. "He still has a pulse." 
"We'll take him to the hospital," Jongdae gestured to the three of them: himself, Minseok, and Zitao. 
"Please," I peeled myself away from the shelter in Luhan's arms to stand before the trio. "Find out what's wrong with him." 
"We will, don't worry." Zitao placed a palm on my shoulder, just like he did when we were at school and he was encouraging me to attempt the following dance move. 
Worrying was the rearmost thing I was feeling. I can't describe how I feel. Horrible, wanting to cry myself asleep, not wanting to wake up. But I want to wake up if this was a nightmare
"You guys, stay here and watch over the house. And you," Jongdae pointed to Kyungsoo. "If you dare think of escaping to your pack, expect us to find you dead. Got it?"
"I ran away for a reason," Kyungsoo commented. His head hung low, his elbows resting on his knees and his hands shuffling through his hair. "They mistreated me, I never felt l was apart of them." 
"Fine, fine," Minseok waved his hands. "Enough of the sob story, we'll discuss this when we come back." 
And with that, the three carried his body- dead weight, literally- and then they were gone.