Hell Hole

Children of the Night
Play, Listen, & Read
 
"Where were you? The whole class has been wondering." Was he really inquiring for the class or for himself? Another mystery in itself, Minseok was extremely closed off from the rest of the world, yet he had a girlfriend. I was still pondering to this day how that could be. Maybe in love, there were no requirement like words to express yourself, just the gaze in each other's eyes gives it all away; but how would I know? 
 
"You know what?" He caught my attention. "I think I know something that can cheer you up. It's an ancient remedy." 
His hands crawled to my waist so he could tickle me. I attempted to contain my raging wave of giggles but I couldn't, I was a laughing and crying mess. I kicked him away but he came back for more. 
"I can't breath!" I chuckled. "Stop!" 
Tears of enjoyment streamed out of my eyes while he continued with his fingers. It was when I gradually squirmed away from his touch so I could regain some air flow, he straddled over me. His piercing stare dug straight into my heart, causing it to race and me to pant uncontrollably. Without warning or preparation, he slammed his lips against mine. Electricity surged through my veins and created my mind to be blank. 
 
I shook my head to dispose of the memories between the wolves and I. There were definitely more that I didn't even want to re-encounter. They were either too painful to witness a second time or heated moments that should be put to rest. 
"I was sick, sorry." 
"Jaewa," the teacher's sharp voice left me cringing in fear that I would receive a slip for continuously chatting or requesting to regurgitate the material the class learned without me. I slowly turned towards the front of the room, my eyes glued to the floor though her piercing gaze shot holes through my head; I could feel it. "Pay attention, I'm not going to warn you again."
I averted my eyes to the teacher to confirm she wasn't staring at me, she was rambling while banging the chalk against the blackboard; scribbling some formula for our assignment. I had no clue as to where we were in the textbook nor how much I have missed over the week. What I did know was that Yifan was definitely going to be my assistant with homework, and catch up in the rest of my classes somehow. Calculus was already a struggle itself, but then I also had my advanced placement classes, and my fine arts; they were my breath of fresh air. 
"Here," Yifan tapped his pencil to the written equation on his notebook. I nodded as I copied very diligently so I could refocus my attention to the teacher, I wasn't risking being embarrassed in front of the entire class again. That was the rearmost thing I required at the moment, first priority was to take notes and learn later. 
The bell interrupted my concentration, causing me to jitter and mess up what I was writing. I grunted, shoved all of the notebooks and lose papers into my backpack, and shrugged the strap on my shoulder. 
"Thanks for helping," I grinned at Yifan as we exited that hell hole. "I really appreciate it." 
He pointed an accusing finger at me, halting in front of me so I could meet his eyes. "You owe me." 
"What do you want, a rematch at the arcade center. I told you that I will always beat you," I placed the other stap of my bag on my unoccupied shoulder. 
"No, I was thinking more of going to the new coffee shop down at the corner." It was a great opportunity to spend more time with my best friend, also to grab some caffeine for all of the intense studying planned later tonight. Maybe more of his presence could replace the amount of burden in my chest, for the period of absence and not contacting him once. 
"Sounds like a deal, but I'm paying," I said. "I owe you big time."