Truth Spills 2/2

Children of the Night

Play, Listen, & Read

 

By the time the man called us once again, Yifan had his arm draped over my shoulders, not giving an explanation or allowing some time to recalculate all of the mess he just created. Chanyeol in fact didn't have any bonds for me, it was him the entire time and I was deceived. If he truly loved me earlier in our relationship, how come he didn't Attach then? I would've experience that same incident, maybe he acknowledged that would happen and tried to conceal himself. 
"Welcome to casa de EXO-M!" The man who had beckoned us exclaimed with outstretched hands. 
"Zitao.. Minseok?" I muttered as they stood proudly in front of me. In all, there were six men- another six-member pack just like before- living under one roof, together in one clan, chasing after one goal; retaining my safety. "You guys are here too."
"You must be hungry," Minseok clutched onto my hand, half dragging down a hall, through the kitchen and then to a dining area. Glancing up, the ceiling was stories high and cut in a dome shape, and a glass chandelier swaying above all of us. The individual crystals were greeting me, reflecting the light as a warm smile. 
"What a place you got here." We were all treading upon a glittering white marble floor that shone brighter with light. The walls were a warm beige or tan, I couldn't decipher clearly in this state of awe, and on the east side of the house, towering windows were mocking me in size. Through them, it was dark as the night but the time was early in the morning. I saw my reflection, realized my state- disheveled hair, wrinkled clothing, I was simply a walking mess- and took note of the bags under my eyes. 
"Why don't you clean up first?" Zitao suggested. He noticed me criticizing my appearance. "Luhan, show her to the guest room."
Luhan, the captain of the soccer team with incredible grades and a glossy reputation, was someone who I expected the least. He blended so well with the other students and made himself at home. There wasn't a sigh or an act of protest, he just pushed up from the couch and headed a flight of stairs, expecting me to follow. 
"Hurry, he won't wait," Yixing gestured after him. 
I nodded and jogged to the stairs, one part of me refusing because my legs were sore and then the other reasoning that the cold side of him wouldn't care if it was for my benefit or not. When I reached the top, I was exhausted yet saw him impatiently tapping his foot, glancing at his watch ever so often. His eyes searched in my direction and met mine, causing my heart to increase; he was intimidating as hell. His stone face, or I familiarized it as a -face, displayed no other emotion but pure boredom. 
"Here," he held out a stack of clothes for me. "This is the only thing that you're going to get from me." 
"Thank you," I slightly bowed. "I'm sorry for intruding or causing problems to you and the others. I mean, I didn't want to be in this mess or drag you in." 
"Yeah." 
He opened the door to the room I would be staying in for the meanwhile; hopefully soon, I already missed my parents and brother. Speaking of them, how did they know of this situation or how were they so easy to allow me on a venture such as this? I wanted to speak with them for a bit. I shook my head for the sake of time, observed the room that was perfectly sculpted, each corner and molding and the color that was chosen gave a feeling of royalty, which I was nothing close to. 
"Hope you find it to your liking," Luhan stated bitterly. He toured the rather large room that was the about the size of my living room back home, opening three or four doors leading to a balcony, a closet, and a personal bathroom, all decorated appropriately and elegantly; just like the rest of the house. 
"Hey, can I ask you something?" I didn't wait for his approval and just hoped he would comply to my inquires, answer them sincerely or just straightforwardly, blankly. "How could my parents easily hand me over or how do I know I'm safe? Why do you hate the others? Just what's going on?" 
"They knew about us from all the news. We knew this would happen eventually just not exactly when. And the thing about EXO-K, is just they have been on our case for everything, starting wars between our families when we both were originally good friends, but they're the ones at fault." 
"What to do you mean?" 
He sighed, running a hand to slick back his hair. The right answer, filtered or not, was coursing through his mind but hesitation cautioned him. "We moved to Korea to have a better education. Our parents promised to grant us freedom if we took life seriously, while the others ran away like cowards. They wanted to be free but their parents wanted to marry them off for money. My parents also wanted me to marry a young, beautiful, loaded girl but I look for different qualities that now-a-days everyone trashes." 
"That makes sense. But how do I know I'm safe with you guys? How do I truly know that you won't tear me to shreds?" 
After seconds of silence, he finally connected with my eyes, a strong emotion clinging into me, a small smile was spreading across his lips. "You're just going to have to trust us on that." With that, he abandoned me. My answers were received, my questions and curiosity were shot down, now it was just faith. I trusted Yifan maybe Yixing but the others I was still eery about. 
I quickly locked myself in the bathroom, undressing and hopping in the shower. Confusion contorted my face, how the hell did they expect me to understand the controls to this machine? Three knobs at the top, a cold and hot one just below, there was one head on either side of me and when I looked up, there was one on the ceiling. I hoped for the best and turned all knobs. Powerful water sprayed at me, in all directions, cold, freezing water beating against my skin and I didn't have enough time to change the temperature- the others were patiently waiting downstairs. It felt like three pressure-washers instead of anything else. I reached for the shampoo, squeezing a decent amount and went at it; the conditioner was next and then used the bar soap to cleanse my body and face. My hair was being washed thoroughly, the water was running, and I was grinning. I was a complete idiot for risking this little dare but it brightened up my night and finally, I felt like myself. Cupping my hands so I could muster the running water in a little puddle, I splashed myself multiple times, it felt refreshing. When I was alone, even without anyone, I was happy with myself and found joy in the smallest things. Even since I was young, I played well by myself.