How Can A Sorry Can Make Up For a Bad Past?

Children of the Night
Bright light scorched through my eyelids, waking me from my deep slumber. Glancing around, allowing the surroundings to soak into my mind; six worried wolves dispersed around the room, bouquets of several flowers, balloons that read Get Well Soon, and stuffed animals that laid around my bed. I was in the hospital. 
"How do you feel?" Chanyeol questioned, on my right. I focused on the fact that my hand was in his, our fingers intertwined. He observed my staring, removing his hand and claiming it back almost immediately. His small smile of apology was not required. 
"My head hurts."  
Voices barged through the room once the door was opened by the doctor, having the wolves and I on alert. There was gasping, sounds of utter concern. My parents returned early on their planned, paid, cruise that was suppose to be spent in times that they could reflect back on, but it was cut short because of me.
"Jae, you're awake," my mother said as soon as she was close enough. She planted her warmed hands on my cheeks, placing multiple kisses on my head. 
"Mommy," I choked out. "I didn't mean to end up here." 
"Sweaty, you're more important to us than a trip," my father added as soon as the words left my mouth. That explains why they abandoned me so they could embark on an enticing trip, without me. "We could only afford three," they stated, "It's a family trip, you'll understand eventually." I was apart of the family, maybe since I came into the picture all they ever done was be caring and affectionate. Maybe my brother was feeling left out so this trip was the only way for them to have a special, bonding moment. 
Some of the wolves stiffened when my parents were evaluating over them like hawks, for approval. I thanked the heavens that they were dressed decently and were very respectful towards them. As either mother or father neared them, they bowed in a kind greeting. 
"Who are these young men?" My father questioned as he passed Sehun, eyeing him from head to toe. 
"They're my friends at school," I lied. One of these friends was internally and eternally Attached to me, whether he wanted to or to avoid me the most. But every boy was loving and caring towards me, or could that be an act? All a joke? 
"Yes, but they're all guys," my brother made sure to emphasize. 
"I didn't want to tell my girl friends because I didn't want them to worry." Lies. The only type of friendship I had was with the wolves, that was it. I wasn't technically favored in school nor hated. I was the one, quiet nerd in class that never interrupted, corrected, back-talked, or underestimate the teacher like most of the students did. I kept my opinions to myself unless someone asked upon them. 
"Boys, may I speak to her alone?" My mother asked of the wolves. They nodded, proceeding to glance at me as they exited through the small door frame. The tone, thick and pained, that filled my mother's voice frightened me, like she had committed a crime of some sort. 
"Mom, what happened?" I asked, oblivious to my father's and brother's eyes that were roaming anywhere but towards me.
"Are you feeling alright?" She asked me calmly as she took the chair that Chanyeol was previously sitting on. "Have you been seeing things?" 
"No, am I suppose to?"
"Definitely not!" My father blurted out, then coughed the tension from his throat. "I mean, why would you?"
"Dan, let me handle this. You two step outside as well." The both were whisked away and out of the room, allowing more privacy for the both of us. I prayed that she wouldn't be having the talk with me because of the wolves. 
"Honey, there's something we've been hiding from you," my mother began. "We just didn't know how you would take-"
"Mom," I interrupted. She halted on her words that were basically spilling out of to focus on what I had to say. "I had dream that a man asked me to see my past, I woke up but the dream didn't finish. How come I don't remember my childhood? My friends remember theirs." I had to release my curiosity to the point it pained and weighed my chest every time I pondered on the fact that I couldn't avoid. 
The woman sitting by me deeply sighed, lowering her head which was seemed like guilt. What did she do? I wasn't scolding her. It was when she lifted her head to meet her shiny orbs to mine, I felt a twinge of discomfort. 
"Why.. Why are you crying?" I felt steamy tears brim my eyes just by witnessing her sobbing. I've never seen her shed a single tear, not even when slicing up an onion. 
"We asked people to erase your memory of your childhood," she paused due to a lack of air, she picked up saying, "Your biological parents were horrible." 
"W-What?" Her words were stated firmly even though she was saying them through her shortages of breaths, but they seemed incoherent to me. They didn't click in my mind until a couple of minutes. My little lies seemed nothing compared to the secret they've concealed from me, I felt betrayed but somewhat thankful that they found me. 
"We asked a woman to erase your memories of your parents. You were abused," she broke down in more tears. "Even though we could have kept the fact from you, the scars would've given it all away."