Reconcile

Married To A Playboy

Your POV

I followed behind him timidly as he led the way. I scanned his figure with my eyes from head to toe, realizing he was quite tall and he had broad shoulders. He turned back to confirm I was behind him, stopping in his tracks as he casted me a look. "I don't bite," he showed me a shy smile as one of his hands touched the back of his neck. He waited for me to walk beside him before setting off. He was wearing his school uniform which made me wonder whether he skipped school to talk to me.

"Where are we going?" I decided to ask first even though I had so many other questions in mind. He heard me as raised his shoulders. "To be honest, I don't know." he responded back honestly. I was at a loss for words after hearing his reply since why would he even want to talk to me then?

"Do you have something to say? What is it?" I asked back, taking slightly faster steps, trying my best to catch up with him. His legs were long and it allowed for him to be able to walk much faster. He didn't answer me and continued walking in silence. I felt slightly awkward when he didn't reply but at the same time, it made me feel anxious about what he was going to say. "Why? You don't have anything to say?" I pestered him, darting forward and stopping in front of him. I blocked his path by putting my hands out as I panted slightly from all the vigorous actions.

"You really want me to start? Because I have plenty to say and it'll take a while." he said, raising a brow as he looked at me. My eyes rounded at his words and my hands dropped to the sides. "Figured out you would want to take a seat," he shrugged before brushing past me and making his way to who knows where. I snapepd back to reality and caught up with him again.

"What is it about?" I asked.

"What you're thinking," he casually said back, not even taking another glance at me. I grew silent after hearing what he said because if it was right, he would probably be talking aout Sehun again, like what Donghae had mentioned to me yesterday. Honestly, I felt silghtly scared knowing that he'll bring him up again because I really wanted to escape when I hear about him.

We reached the nearby park and Kai was polite enought to get two canned drinks from the machine nearby. He brought me to some bench and passed me the drink before opening his tab and taking a seat. He crossed his leg while throwing his hand over the other side and resting it there, drinking his drink. "Where do you want me to start?" he asked. I was turning the drink around my hands as I stared at the ground.

"Say whatever you want to say," I murmured back, mentally preparing myself. It turned taciturn again before I heard him heaved out a sigh. 

"Sehun's at the hospital,"

What? It took a while for me to comprehend his words because it was too sudden. Sehun's at the hospital? He's at the hospital? My hands trembled slightly as I couldn't even move an inch. My eyes watered from having not blinked for a while and I dropped the drink. I turned to him, seeing how he was facing the sky while he finished his drink. After saying those words, he's just sitting here and drinking? Isn't he his friend?

"What did you say?" I repeated with a blank expression, utterly bemuddled by his words. If Sehun's at the hospital, what is he doing here talking to me? Shouldn't he be there? His eyes were directed back to me as he crushed the can and threw it to the bin at the side. "Sehun got admitted to the hospital. It's been a while now." He repeated and explained. He's been in the hospital for a while now?

"What happened?" I hurriedly asked back. I felt my heart pumping so quickly as my pulse raced. What is happening? "He isn't doing well," he said instead of answering my question. He stood up all of a sudden, adjusting his clothes before he looked at me again. "I really hope you can visit him, even though I heard from him what happened between you two." he breathed out.

"Did Sehun tell you?" I asked back with a shaky voice. Tears had already form in my eyes as I felt a lump in my throat, making me hard to speak. At that moment, I really wanted to see him. I missed him so much. I felt so worried about him that I kept imagining about what could happen to him. I needed to see him.

"Yea...He really isn't doing well without you." Kai said back, stuffing both his hands in his pocket. "He's still in love with you," he added. My heart broke when he said those words, making all the memories that I had with him go through my mind as my hands clasped onto the hem of my school skirt. I felt some tears dripped down as I hung my head low. All of a sudden, his phone rang as he picked it up.

"Hello?" he spoke. I didn't look up as I kept telling myself to force my tears back in;if it was possible. I wasn't supposed to cry. I didn't even pay attention to what he said through the line. However, after he ended the call, I looked up to see his pale expression. His mouth was opened to say something but he stuttered.

"You need to see him,"


I hastened out of the cab and raced to the hospital as I pushed the glass door opened. I darted for the counter as I ran my fingers through my hair. My heart was pulsating so quickly I could hear it from my ears. My sweat formed on my forehead as it dripped. I was feeling so hot at the moment and I could die from the anxiety I was feeling. No, no. Nothing will happen to him. I kept praying over and over mentally that nothing will happen to him.

My fingers held onto the counter tightly as I inhaled and exhaled to calm myself down. "Is there a patient called Oh Sehun?" I barely managed to say. Kai informed me about which hospital but said he would catch up real quick. I left first since he told me to hurry and meet him. The nurse told me to wait for a moment as she checked for me. I was getting impatient as I stepped on my foot and bit my lips. He will be fine.

After a while, she told me which ward he was in before I scampered to the level to find his ward. Apparently, he was in the vip room since his family was wealthy. Mrs. Oh must have booked it for him. I marched over when I saw the correct label for the room. Right before I knock on the door and go in, I paused when I could finally comprehend what happened. I was going to meet him after so long.

I pushed all those fears aside when I figured out his health is more important now, I quickly knocked before pushing the door open. I quickly step in to see what his condition was but the moment I saw him, my heart almost leap out from my rib cage. He was sitting up on the bed, with one of his ankles wrapped in bandage. Wait...What just happened?

I walked closer as my eyes never leave his. He was staring right back at me as our eyes lock gazes. "What―Why―What happened?" I stuttered, coming to a halt beside his bed. There was no one else in the room except for him. I slightly softened when I saw his face. It was really pale and his eyes were dull. HIs hair was tousled and he looked extremely exhausted. He had eye bags underneath his eyes but his lips curled to a smile when he saw me.

"I-I heard from Kai that you―He told me to quickly come here," I continued to fumbble over my words because I was too confused at what just happened. Everything seemed to past by in a flash and I couldn't believe it. Was I just fooled by Kai? My eyes averted to his ankle and I swallowed.

"I sprained it," he finally spoke. His voice rang in my ears as I felt my heart skipped a beat from hearing it. I seemed to be zoning out after being so bewildered by everything as I heard he let out a soft chuckle.

I glowered at him when he laughed. He knew. He knew Kai was lying. I felt such mixed feelings that I clenched my fists. I whacked him with my fists as I started to cry. He's actually able to laugh after seeing how worried I was for him? "You're a ing bastard, I was so worried that something might happen to you―I couldn't even―I rushed here" I blabbered on with incoherent words as I wailed. I continued to hit him because I was so furious at him at the moment for making such a joke. He grabbed onto my hands, making me stop as I wiped my tears with my sleeves. I looked back just to see him staring intently at me.

"I knew you'll come. I was just checking because from that day you said you no longer love me, I have been thinking about it ever since. I knew it was a lie from the start but it was just bothering me. I couldn't ing stop thinking about you. it, I was out of my mind to let you go." he said while staring right back at me as he held onto my hands tightly.

"Are you happy that you got your answer? After lying to me. You're a bastard," I sniffled, hiccuping as I glared at him.

"But you still love me," I do. He smirked before he pulled me closer to him. My eyes widened when I felt his nose touching mine. I could smell his scent again and I was hoping for time to stop. I felt his breath on my lips as I looked at him, getting lost in his eyes. "And I love you too," he whispered before closing the gap between us and even pulling me closer. Feeling his lips on mine was so surreal that I didn't dare to move, hoping that if it was a dream, it could stay longer. I froze.

It took me a few seconds before I calmed down and shut my eyes, appreciating every second. His lips were just gently placed on mine and he didn't move either. After a while more, he pulled away. I opened my eyes, bemused by his actions as I gulped. "Please don't leave me, ever again." he mumbled, his hands still holding tightly onto mine. I softened at his words as my hands slowly went to touched his jaws. He was slightly astonished by my actions as he looked up. When I saw his face, it was like a deja vu moment again as I held my breath. I really missed him alot.

"I wont," I responded with a nod. I'm sorry Minah, I don't think I'll ever be able to leave him alone.