Suffering Start

Married To A Playboy

Your POV

"Minji? Take the orders," Yura told me before she darted to take orders from the other table. I got distracted by some thoughts at first but noted her words before efficiently making my way to the table in the corner, clicking on my pen. I turned my notebook to a new page before stopping at the table with a smile.

"Yes? What would you like to order?" I have been working this part-time job for quite a while now.

It's been nearing a month and I could finally say I'm barely getting used to my new daily schedule. I was transferred by Minah to an all girls high school to continue my studies. I didn't made many new friends and left quite a bad impression on others since I would always be busy with my own things, not even having time to start a proper conversation with others. Busy with what? I would often dazed off, countless thoughts coming across my mind. It was just so frequent now.

To get things off my mind, I started this job at the nearby cafe. I could say it did work slightly but the impact wasn't much. I would still be zoning out sometimes during working hours.

"That's all? Please be patient and we'll serve the food soon." I nodded with a friendly smile before walking off with the orders in my hands. I handed them to Yura, the manager in charge during my working hours. She grinned at me before accepting it. The peak hour was already over and it was near midnight. I worked for night hours since I have school in the morning. After more rounds of serving ans taking orders as usual, I had to clean up the dishes with my other workers as well. You can say I'm actually alot more close with my part-time job workers than my classmates.

"You okay? You seem exhausted," Hye Jung, another friend I made in the job asked. "Perfectly fine," I forced a smile, continueing to rub the pieces of food scraps off from the plates. She casted me a sympathy look before focusing back on cleaning the dishes beside me as well. After we were done, I took off the rubber gloves followed by the name badge. I went to the locker to take my clothes before changing out of the uniform. The moment I stepped out of the changing room however, Hye Jung came running over as she passed me my chiming phone.

"It has been ringing since forever," she rolled her eyes and let out an "ugh" before going in the changing room to change for herself. I raised a brow and looked at the caller before my face break into a smile. I answered it without hesitation, a smile plastered on my face.

"What is it this time?" I teased. "Let's go for supper! I have so much to tell you!" Soohyun exclaimed enthusiastically through the phone, my eyes rolling in a playful manner. Despite the fact that I transferred schools, we still kept a close relationship. She has been calling me nearly every week so that we could hang out and she could blabber on nonstop about what happened after I was gone. I glanced at my watch before forming a straight line with my lips.

"Sure...I have the time," I responded. She instantly told me she'll come over to my working place before telling me to wait for her. I chortled at her actions before hanging up. 


"It's alright. You guys can go first, I'll lock the place." I motioned for them to leave first while they looked at me, slightly worried that I'll be alone in the cafe. "You sure your friend's coming?" Yura asked again for confirmation as I nodded with a smile.

"Pretty sure, she's never late."

"Alright then, we'll leave first," she prepended before all of them took their belongings and left the cafe. It wasn't even long before Soohyun arrived. "I'll make you some coffee," I suggested as she gladly accepted. After we settled down with two cups of coffee on the table, she got exhilarated as she talked, with exaggerated hand movements.

"I can't believe he even made me stood up in front of the class to read the freaking passage," she whined and rolled her eyes in disgust while complaining to me about the new teacher that apparently started to teach them after I left. "He was definitely picking on me! I swear I'll-"

"He sure is," I added with a smirk, enjoying how she got so agitated over a small matter.

"Not only me-He's against Sehun as well! He told him to get out of his class because he was only looking out of the window-" she stopped and gasped when she realized how the smirk on my face disappeared in a blink of an eye when he was mentioned. It had been nearing a month since I last saw him. Even though I dreamt of him a couple of times, I'm pretty sure he was the reason why I needed to work and get things off my mine. It was him.

"I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have let Sehun slip out of my mouth!" Soo hyun reprimanded herself by muttering some incoherent words and giving herself a few knocks on the head. I slightly chuckled at her silly actions before shaking my head, "It's okay," It's not.

"I'm really sorry! It wasn't on purpose." she pleaded as she held onto my hands. I laughed before gently removing her hands. "It's alright," I assured her again. Besides, Soo hyun didn't know what actually happened to the both of us. She probably suspected that we broke up but it was worse than that. But I felt culpable for making her uncomfortable as well since she's a close friend of Sehun's as well. I also knew that she was the one who informed Sehun about where Iived. But actually, I don't blame her at all even though she had been apologising to me so many times because of that incident. Rather, I'd appreciate her for allowing me to see Sehun one last time.

"You sure you're alright?" she asked again, making me snapped back to reality. Sehun's in the past now, he won't appear in your life anymore Minji. Just forget about him. "Y-yea..." I stuttered, my eyes blinking a couple of times before I stood up.

"Let's go, It's getting late." I cocked my head to the side before she stood up silently as well. She didn't talk much afterwards as she followed me quietly. I cleared the last few dishes before we both left the cafe. I locked the entrance door properly before we walked out. We sauntered along the streets while Soo Hyun often stole glances at me from the corner of her eyes.

"I'm really fine," I repeated again with a sigh, seeing how she became uncomfortable after mentioning Sehun.

"Forgive me," she clasped both her palms together while rubbing them, asking for my forgiveness. The sight made me chuckle before I threw my hand over her shoulder, pulling her down.

"You owe me a treat then," I playfully threatened. She chortled along as well before she accepted my deal. Afterwards, she was back to normal and started blathering about the teacher until we reached my place. I bid her goodbye as she waved as well, taking her own way back. I breathed out exasperately with a frown the moment Soo hyun left. I

took in a deep breath befre unlocking the door and stepping in. I walked in as Minah looked up when she heard me.

"How's the day today?" she asked. She had been asking me this question everyday to check on me but I had always answered with the same exact response.

"Can't get any better," I shrugged. Because it's already at it's worst.


"Minji wake up, you have to go for school," Minah shook me after she moved the curtains to the side, the sun rays shooting in instantly. I frowned, pulling my blanket over my head. I can't even explain how I feel every morning this happens. I would always be in such a foul mood because it was as if there was no reason for all these. I didn't have a reason to live and I was just going according to my daily schedules like some robot.

It was boring but I couldn't change a thing.

"I'm leaving," I mumbled after I finished my breakfast:a toasted bread as usual. I slung my bag over my shoulder after putting on my shoes and stepped out without locking the door because I knew Minah would lock it.

My school was near the house I lived in. It takes like a five minutes walk but I'll always exceed ten minutes. I sauntered along the empty streets, except for some other students from the same school and a couple. I caught myself staring at the couple while he crawled into my mind once again. I breathed out; telling myself the nth time I did the right thing. He's probably doing well and moving on without me. I'll only be a burden in his life. I comforted myself with that assumption, taking slightly lighter steps to school. The only goal that kept me going today was that my lessons would end early today.

I manage to step into school with that as a motivation as I greeted the discipline mistress that stood at the gates. She still glared at me since today wasn't any different occassion, telling me about my skirt length before catching the others as well as I walked off. I found my classroom at the third level after climbing up the stairs; the bell ringing signaling that I was late. Students started to run up to their classrooms but I continued to ramble my way through.

The moment I stood outside of the classroom, I mentally reprimanded myself for forgetting it was the vice principal's lesson. I would always make some effort to reach on time for her lessons well, because she's the teacher that everyone is afraid of. I bowed slightly with my head, walking in as all eyes were fixed on me.

"I'm sorry for being late," I muttered sincerely;or maybe not, waiting for something to happen.

"Stand at your seat, don't make me repeat." she sighed. I hear buzzes among the students as I walked through the aisles of the tables, throwing my bag over to my table at the last row. I stood up as my hands supported myself by pressing on the table, earning stares from everyone. It took a few minutes before they focused back on the teacher. I found myself looking at the outside of the window;the empty basketball court with track. I didn't even realize she had already started teaching until she raised her voice.

"Minji," I turned my head to look at her, still finding myself fascinated by the fact that she called me by my real name.

"Get out," she simply said.

All the students looked at me once again, whispering to one another. I nodded and obediently headed out of the classroom while standing out of the classroom. I leaned my back on the windows, kicking the ground. After the period end, I walked in for other lessons. I slept through the history lesson but the teacher didn't say anything. It took a while before it was lunch time. At first, I didn't want to walk out. I was about to plug in the ear piece into my ears when I heard some chatterings of the two students that walked into the classroom.

"Hey, did you hear there's some tall guy from the other school waiting outside our school?" she smiled widely, elbowing the other girl. "What school was it again?" she hummed happily.

"Seoul High School" the other girl answered. Isn't that Sehun's school? My eyes grew wide at their words as my heart skipped a beat at thinking that he came here.

"But he seems to be waiting for some girl. If they're in a relationship, she would probably be in big trouble. So much for her boyfriend coming to school just to get caught by the principal." she shook her head.

"But still, whoever the girl is, she's lucky."

By then, I had stood up from the chair, a loud screeching noise produced. They both of them casted me weird looks before I quickly dashed out of the classroom. I quickly walked down the stairs before darting out to the entrance. There were quite a number of girls crowding around, letting out soft squeals. I pushed my way through them, mentally making a second pray that it's not Sehun.

Just when I caught a glance, I saw him talking to the discipline mistress. I was at a loss for words. Why would he be here? He got distracted by talking to the discipline mistress when he saw me among the crowd, turning to me with a wide smile that showed his teeth. He waved excitedly at me as I shut my eyes.

Why on earth did Donghae come here?


[A/N]: Just to let you know how Minji's living.