Avoiding him

Married To A Playboy

Your POV

You must be out of your mind, Minji. You’re out of your mind to fall in love with your sister’s boyfriend. I lightly knocked my head continuously with clenched fists as I trudged around the kitchen after my call with Minah ended. My feelings were mixed with guilt and anxiety.

 It was just… indescribable.

I bit my lips hardly as I fiddled with my fingers. My arms were folded as I pushed some strands of hair that were disturbing my vision away from my face. I was concerned for my sister. I can’t believe I fell in love with her boyfriend. I’m hopeless. It was totally absurd as I thought of what to do. If anyone were to get hurt, I should be the one getting hurt.

I need to keep away from Oh Sehun.

“You’re awake?” I snapped as I spunned my heels just to meet a Sehun who had just woken up. It was challenging for me to swallow the saliva that gathered in my throat. His dark locks were messed up and he was rubbing his eyes. His collar of the shirt had slide off to the right hand side, showing his collarbones proudly.

“Y-yea,” I stuttered out of the blue as I choked on my words. Get away from Sehun… Get away from Sehun… Those words kept repeating in my mind as I tried to move away from the kitchen. But before I could take another step, he walked towards the kitchen counter behind me as he filled up a cup of water. I instantly sauntered to the side as I got cornered by the counters.

“What’s wrong?” he asked as his hands were clutching tightly to the cup of water. He sensed something wrong since I was being more anxious than usual. My body stiffened when he turned to me. He raised a brow as he took another step. My hands raised up as I motioned for him to stop coming any closer.

“N-nothing,” I managed to say before I stumbled a bit as I left for the living room. My fingers were trembling when I looked at my hands. I tried to calm myself as I told myself to breath in and breath out. I’m not in love with Sehun, I can’t be. Control yourself Minji, you need to regain your senses!

My shivering fingers managed to punch in some numbers in my phone as I dialled for a number. It was the weekend and I can’t stay in this house with him for hours. It would be impossible for me to control my feels. The line got picked up as I felt a stone lifted off from my chest. I felt like I was saved.

“Soohyun?” I called out softly as my fingers tapped on the screen desperately. I need to get away from this house. Before Sehun comes out from the kitchen.

“Yea, why did you call?” Her voice could be heard as I heaved a sigh of relief. She sounded curious since she thought I would be spending time with Sehun now when I wasn’t. I cleared my throat as I thought of what to say.

“Can we meet?” I asked. She seemed to notice something wrong from the tone of my voice since I sounded scared. It was silence on the other line before I heard a question.

“Did something happen between you and Sehun?” she asked, being careful with her words in case I got affected or offended. It wasn’t about Sehun, it’s more about me. I just needed to stay away from him.

“We fought,” I lied since I figured out that she’ll suspect more if nothing happened. She won’t believe me if I just told her I’m actually not his real girlfriend since his girlfriend is my sister. Apparently, my sister just wants me to marry her boyfriend and I’m starting to fall for him. Who would believe such a ridiculous situation?

“Okay, let’s meet.” She sounded concerned but decided not to probe any more about it. I was thankful for her at times like this since it’s uncomfortable for me to continue lying to her. I’ll feel even more guilty.


“Let’s go shopping,” Soohyun exclaimed as she tried to brighten up my mood. I really appreciated that since it was exactly what I need. Something I could do to stop me from thinking about Sehun. It wasn’t even easy for me to sneak out of the house without being found out by Mrs. Oh and Sehun since they’ll probably ask where I was going.

Worse still, Sehun may want to tag along after finding out I was going out with Soohyun.

Hence, I decided to meet Soohyun at the road outside of the house and not at the door in case I got caught. Some maids asked where I was going but I told them to not tell Sehun anything about it. It wasn’t surprising that my phone was vibrating continuously since he was calling me.

Soohyun saw it as she looked at me curiously and pointed at my phone, indicating that someone’s calling. I shook my head before taking out the battery and tossing it into my bag. “Let’s go, I brought enough money.” I forced a smile as she nodded in agreement.

It was a short journey to walk to the shopping mall near the house. It was newly opened and I heard from Mrs. Oh before that it had many branded shops with beautiful clothes. She had wanted to bring me there for a shopping trip like a daughter and mother but there wasn’t time for her since she had always been busy with work.

“Minah?” Soohyun called as she snapped her fingers in front of my face, making me look at her in surprise. The name made me thought of my sister, which eventually lead to Sehun once again. “Let’s just go to that shop,” I randomly pointed to one shop nearby and dragged her in.

“Hey, this is pretty,” Soohyun remarked as she brushed her fingers on the smooth material of a turquoise dress. She took it with the hanger before holding it to her body, observing the mirror to see her reflection. “Remember Minah, let’s spend all our money today to cheer you up.” She chuckled as she continued to look at other dress while holding onto the turquoise dress.

I wasn’t really in the mood to choose any dress as I looked around. Instead of buying clothes for myself, my eyes caught the black shirt that the male dummy was wearing. It had a bulldog graphics on it, which I found really attractive and cute at the same time.

“What are you looking a-“ Soohyun stopped when she followed my gaze, just to know exactly what I was thinking. “Just go get it for him, he’ll like it.” I averted my gaze back to her as she nodded firmly.

“Sehun likes black graphics shirts.” She confirmed with a solemn expression before a grin was plastered on the face. “He’ll be happy,” she added.

I walked towards the male section as I scrutinized the particular shirt. The bull dog reminded me of him since it looked fierce on the outside, but it’s actually soft on the inside. Just like him, he looked cold at first, but was really vulnerable.

“May I help you, miss?” A lady who works there came closer as she looked at the shirt. “Here to get a shirt for your boyfriend?” she added with a smile as I thought about her words. Maybe I’ll get this shirt for him as the first and last present before my sister comes back.

“Yes,” I beamed as I took out my wallet. She nodded before taking a shirt of the size that I chose and moving to the counter so I could pay. I went back to Soohyun afterwards with that bag of shirt. By then, she had a number of bags filled with dresses.

“Shopaholic much?” I asked teasingly as she nodded with a grin from ear to ear. “I’ve always been one,” she replied as she raised the bags with a satisfied expression.


“I’m leaving,” I informed Mrs. Oh after I ate the breakfast that the maids prepared as I hurried to the door. I struggled with my straps of my bag while I slipped onto my shoes. It was a Monday morning and I had succeeded with avoiding Sehun for the weekend. He was worried about me that day when I left to go out with Soohyun. He questioned me when I reached home, but I replied with some short answers.

These days, whenever he asked any question, I’ll tend to reply with a one-word answer or a sentence. Never longer than that. I’m sure he noticed that something was wrong since he kept asking me whether he did something. He never did. It was just me.

I felt a firm grip on my wrist before I could get out of the house. The harsh grip turned me around as I faced him. He was frowning as I scowled at him so that he could release me. He had a stern expression. I blinked a couple of times as I thought that he would force the truth out of me today but instead, what he said left me surprised.

“Let’s go to school together today,” he said. I was flabbergasted by his words since he decided not to ask about what was wrong. Until I decided to replace my expression with a normal one as I pried his hands off.

“It’s okay, I can go alone.” I said coldly before I tried to turn around. He caught my wrist again as I got turned back. He narrowed his eyes on me as his eyes turned into slits.

“I’m serious, what’s wrong with you these days?” he asked in a desperate tone. Was he scared that he did something wrong? “Nothing’s wrong with me,” I muttered as he exhaled in exasperation.

“Ever since that day where we slept on the bed, you left in the morning to who knows where and after that you ing became like this!” he finally exploded. I flinched at his choice of words since he used vulgarities.

“Become like what?” I asked deliberately and I knew that he was perturbed. He became silent at my question for a few seconds as his eyes continued to stare at mine.

“Unbelievably cold, just.” He stopped for a moment as he tried to read my thoughts with his eyes.

 

“Not like the old Minji,” he added with a sigh before his grip on my wrist loosened, as if he had given up.  

My phone chimed just at the right moment. I glared at him, causing him to be baffled at my sudden actions as I took out my phone. It was Soohyun.

“I need to leave,” I said coldly before leaving the house without him. I’m sorry, Sehun. I just need to avoid you in case things get complicated. I needed time to think. I met Soohyun outside the house as she waved when she saw me.

“Im guessing I called at the right time?” she grinned triumphantly as she waved her phone. I nodded with a chuckle as she chortled. “Why are you avoiding him anyways? I don’t think you’re angry with him.” She asked all of a sudden, I couldn’t think of an answer for that since it wasn’t something she should know.

“Besides, you got him a shirt.” She added.

“I’m avoiding him for his own good,” I mumbled as she raised a brow at my words. “So you’re not angry with him anymore?” she asked again as I shook my head at her question.

“I was never angry at him from the start.”