Against Feelings

Married To A Playboy

Your POV

"Your discipline mistress was so gullible though," Donghae chortled while watching me take another sip of drink. I shook my head at him, showing him a distressed face before putting down my mug. "You're just lucky she didn't catch you," I snapped, knowing how strict the discipline mistress was. If she knew that Donghae wasn't my brother, she would have hunt him down and call up Minah. Apparently, when Donghae was talking to her, he lied that he was my brother fetching me for some family matters.

"What made you come though?" I asked, raising a brow. He shrugged as he fished out his phone and waved it in front of me. "It's been long and I saw your contact. So why not?" he grinned as he cocked his head to the side, a mischievious smirk on his face. I shook my head, refraining myself from smiling.

"You sure that's your real motive?" I asked back, fingers tapping on the mug while staring at him. I eyed him as he casted me a look, showing how he felt betrayed. If he had wanted to call me out just to have a drink, he would have done so long ago. Even though I hadn't talk to him for a while now, I could still understand him.

"Spill it," I said out confidently, proud that I actually caught him.

"It's nothing much..." he started, hesitating to continue while avoiding my intense stares. He looked away with a light blush while focusing on another place. His lips quivered slightly as he fiddled with his hands. "Just the fact that Sehun isn't doing well in school," he informed me after much consideration to answering me. For some reason, I felt jittery when I heard his name. It had been so long since I last heard it since everyone around me who knew him had avoided mentioning about him.

I felt my palm break out into cold sweats as it became my turn to look away. "What do you want me to do about it..." I said, signaling him that it was actually pointless for him to tell me that. I couldn't do anything. Because I was feeling and suffering the same, or even more. "I'm not comfortable talking about this, Donghae." I let out a sigh, hoping he would stop. Why was he even telling me?

"I know your real feelings, Minji." he said. I flinched slightly since it was strange hearing someone from my previous school calling me by my real name. Right, I told him about it.

"Sehun's been ranking last for examinations, sleeping in classes, skipping classes, talking back to the teachers." he continued, his words drilling into my mind as I felt my heart squeezed with everything he said.

"And last week, he brought a chick from another school to classes." he prepended. Stop, stop. Stop. I turned my head away, taking in a deep breath at his words. He brought a girl to classes? From another school? Stop, Minji. You're no longer his girlfriend, you're not supposed to fee anything!

"Wasn't he always like that?" I retorted, trying my ultimate best not to show my bleeding heart. I crossed my legs, my hands clasping tightly together to control myself. "You know he changed previously. It was because of you," he said.

"The last time I remembered, he was and still is a playboy." I casually replied back.

"Don't hide your real feelings for him, Minji." he repeated my sister's name. I couldn't control myself when I heard that name, causing a rush wave of feelings to take over me as I clenched my fists. "You know absolutely nothing about me!" We were over. Why is he bringing up all these things. I slammed my hands with the mug on the table, my knuckles turning white from the amount of force I used. I was pressured and stressed out by everything. I wanted to move on.

But it just seemed like I can't.

I felt my vision blurred as Donghae stared at me with wide eyes and a slightly agaped mouth, surprised at my reaction. I was stunned as well to feel the overwhelming feelings taking over my mind. I can't just move on. I wasn't like Sehun. My feelings for him were real. Scenes of Sehun with another girl flashed in my mind as I gritted my teeth. I seemed to be having a battle with myself in my heart and mind as well. I really wanted to move on, but I just couldn't.

"I'm sorry," I apologised, quickly swinging my bag over my shoulder before rushing out of the cafe. I felt my fingers trembling from thinking how everything happened in the blink of an eye. I walked past the crowded streets in a quick pace, often bumping into people but I didn't care. I wasn't in the mood to bother about others when I couldn't even take care of myself. I felt worthless and useless.

At that moment, I hated myself for being so in love.

I unlocked the door of my house with the passcode and pushed the door open. I stepped in and threw my  bag to one side, walking in and then plopping myself into the couch. I shrugged and took the remote control, turning on the television before biting my lips. I couldn't stop thinking about everything Donghae said afterwards. It was driving me insane. Sehun's been ranking last for examinations, sleeping in classes, skipping classes, talking back to the teachers. That's none of my business, why should I mind? And last week, he brought a chick from another school to classes. I grunted, turning off the television instead since I couldn't even focus on it in the first place.

I trotted around the living room, ending up in my own room. I the radio with music blasting through the speakers, settling down in bed to try for a nap. It wasn't even long before I got interrupted again. But not by my thoughts this time.

Knock knock.

"I'm coming in," I heard Minah's voice, figuring out she arrived home from working. The door creaked open as I looked at her curiously. She was holding a tray of snacks as she walked in with a polite smile on her face.

"Do you have something to say?" I asked. For some reason, I felt my voice sounded colder than usual. Ever since this whole incident, I found myself not being able to go back to how we used to be. I have been colder than usual and we don't communicate much ever since the incident. We could ask each other about the day but that's all, really.

"I guess..." she responded, her lips forming a straight line.

She gently sat on the corner of my bed. I felt an area of the bed sank, making me sit up, at the same time using another pillow to supports my back. She averted her gaze to me as she reached out to grab my hands. She rubbed my hands with both of her hands slightly while she kept her gaze fixed on me, her eyes laden with worry and concern. She narrowed her eyes on me.

"It's okay to cry you know..." she muttered out, giving my hands a slightly squeeze. She rubbed her thumb in circles on my hands as I was astounded by her sudden actions. What is she doing? "W-what?" I whispered out. At first, I was utterly confused by her words and why she was acting this way. But her gaze on me made me feel feeble and weak upon hearing her words. I started having negative thoughts and it eventually linked back to Sehun. I couldn't do it.

I just couldn't get over him.

And because of that, I felt so stressed out and pressured. I felt so worthless and stupid because I really want to move on, but I just can't.

"I know you're having a hard time," she admitted, nodding to her own words as she showed some empathizing while looking at me with sympathetic eyes. I was baffled by her sudden actions but I still find it quite comforting since it had been a long time since we had a heart-to-heart talk. Before I kenw it, I felt tears went down my eyes as I blinked them away. I shivered as I started to cry real badly. I tried to wipe my tears away with my hands but it only got messier. I didn't dare to look up as I felt worthless for crying so much as well.

It wasn't long before I felt her arms wrapped around mine as she pushed my head to her shoulder.

"I'm really sorry...Minji. I'm sorry..." she apologised continuously as she patted my head. I couldn't hear the words clearly since I was too busy bawling out on her shoulders, sniffling and tearing. But I knew she was crying along with me when I felt my shoulder turning wet as well. "I'm sorry I can't do anything for you...I'm sorry you're like this because of me..." she choked out as she cried. I didn't say any words as I continued to wept in her arms.

I'm sorry as well,  for being uselessly in love with him.


My alarm clock rang as I indolently threw my arm over to stop it. I could barely open my eyes since I slept so soundly last night. I couldn't even remember the last time I slept this deep. I sat up from the bed, grinning when I see Minah sleeping like a log on the other side of the bed. She slept on the same bed as me after what happened yesterday. We spent a few hours crying together and chatted for almost the whole night. I was sort of contented that we were getting closer once again. I chuckled at her sleeping position before heading to get changed for my school.

It was early in the morning once again. The sun wasn't even up when I looked out of the window from the kitchen. I toasted a bread and spreaded some strawberry jam over it before biting on it, using my free hand to pack my bag. I casually threw some books in before I slung the bag over my shoulder and caught a last glance of my reflection on the mirror, fixing my tie before going out of the house. I locked the door and walked to the elevator. Everything was as per normal as the elevator door opened and I stepped out.

I was walking out of the elevator and to the street when a voice made me stop in my tracks. I froze.

"Minji," It was familiar.

I turned around, my heart thumping so quickly as the colours were drained from my face after hearing the name. He walked towards me with a hand in his pocket while the other holding onto his bag's strap. "Can we have a talk?" he asked before his mouth broke into a wide smile.

It was Sehun's friend, Kai.

What is he doing here now? Most importantly, my eyes widened and I grew even more nervous when I realized he called me by my real name. Not Minah...but Minji. How the heck did he find out?


[A/N]: Sorry for super late update! This story will be coming to an end soon, bear with me! And if you guys actually forgot, the last time they fought, Kai went to find her as well.