Mixed Emotions

Married To A Playboy

Your POV

I was standing on a street, shivering and my teeth were chattering from the strong wind that was blowing against me, tousling my hair all over my face. Furthermore, the tears had caused some strands of hair to be stuck on my face as they dried up to be sticky and gross. I felt weak and I was determined to stay strong until Donghae reaches despite that I was losing consciousness seconds later. I felt giddy and thought that I was going to faint any moment but I forced my eyes open. Most importantly, the voices in my head were making me hard to stay awake. I'm sorry... I don't know... I'm sorry... I don't know... I could feel more tears streaming down as his words replayed in my mind. My lips can still feel the warmth of his lips and it was driving me insane. I don't know what to do anymore. I felt like I was in a mess. I felt hopeless.

Just in time, I spotted a figure from a few meters away that seemed to be making his way here since it was getting bigger. But my sight was getting blur as I felt like I needed to sleep. Sleep myself away from this nightmare and never wake up. Donghae could then clearly be seen as he trudged towards me, looking as concerned as ever. I lost balance as I felt my legs give way to my body but he caught me in his arms before I managed to touch the ground. My eyes that were slightly closed barely managed to open as his eyes travelled up and down, observing how different I looked; ed up. He bit his lips before helping me to stand up and regain my balance. 

"Are you alright?" He asked despite knowing the answer. I hardly stood as I held onto his arm for support in case I fall again. 

"No, worse than ever," I replied with a bitter chuckle. He shook his head at my actions before leading me to a bench nearby so I could sit down. Just as he motioned for me to sit down, his hands automatically landed on my forehead as he frowned. 

"Stay here, I'll get medicine for you," he spoke before I raised a brow. How was he going to get medicine late at night? He seemed to notice my actions before he pointed to the convenience store that I didn't see behind him. I nodded before leaning back to rest on the bench. After a few minutes he came out with a bottle of mineral water too as he passed the medicine along with it to me. I thanked him weakly before listening to him as I ate the medicine. Afterwards, we just seemed to sit in silence as I waited for him to ask and he waited for me to speak.

"You're not curious about what happened?" I asked like it was nothin much even though I felt there was a scar in my heart. "If it's better if you let it out, then I'll be glad to hear," he responded with that same warm smile. I felt that it was such an honor to have him as a friend as he was more or less perfect. Good looks and he had a perfect attitude. I exhaled a sigh before beginning. I needed someone to talk to. I don't think I can handle this alone.

"Look, I'm sorry." I bit my lips as he gave me a look for apologizing to him all of a sudden.

"About what?" he asked, but I could see he was worried.

"I lied... about my identity." I waited for him to react but he just chortled at my answer. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked at him as if he went out of his mind. "I'm not Minah. My real name's Minji. And..." I stopped as he waited for me to carry on. Come on, you can do it.

 

"I'm the sister of Sehun's girlfriend." That's it, I said it.

Donghae didn't look a tiny bit astounded as he just looked at me, amusement twinkling in his eyes. "So Minah is Sehun's girlfriend?" he asked for confirmation as I nodded. "Ok, cool." he said before playing with his fingers as I gulped. "What?" I croaked out. Is he kidding? "Wait-You're not angry at me for lying to you?" I asked as he shook his head with a smile on. "I don't mind. It won't affect me in any ways," he said. Then I remembered I was supposed to tell him what happened. I haven't even managed to mention half of it and I'm already struggling with the first part. "And I'm a really bad sister." I let out a sigh. He raised a brow, "Because?"

 

"I fell in love with her boyfriend when I wasn't supposed to," He looked more serious this time as he didn't say any word but maintained his expression, understanding fairly well that I referred to Sehun. My sister's boyfriend. 

"You wanna know about what happened to my girlfriend instead?" he asked, gaining my interest all of a sudden. Speaking of which, Donghae mentioned before that he used to had a girlfriend. He wasn't that famous in school despite his good looks and attitude and it was unexpected. He was the type whom many would be fangirling about like Sehun in school. But nobody mentions him.

"I cheated on her," he said, blanking out as I could see he regretted his actions from his eyes. "I used to be a playboy, I didn't realize I love her until she was gone." he muttered. And with that sentence, I understood. She passed away. That was also the reason why he didn't have many friends and juniors. They didn't dare to go to him because of what happened. "She committed suicide because she couldn't take it," he said before my eyes caught the tears that dripped down from his eyes. He was crying. He was just as hurt as me.

"I'm sorry, It's okay." I made him face me before carefully putting my arms around him as I pulled him closer. He needed someone too, just like how I needed someone else. He was feeling the same amount of pain I felt. I patted his back as he calmed himself down. "I'm sure she knows how you feel," I comforted him as I tried to soothe him. I knew exactly how he felt. Because it was how I felt when Sehun said his words. I'm sorry... I don't know...


Sehun's POV

I walked up the stairs lifelessly, swaying from side to side without any energy. Her words were ringing at the back of my head and I could never forget them. I was driving her insane because she liked me too much. Were my actions affecting her? Was it too much for her to handle? Because I didn't know what my feelings to her were. I really didn't know and it, too was driving me insane. I staggered and barely made my way to the room as I slammed the god damn door. I wasn't feeling like myself lately.

I felt that I was opening up to Minji and I was getting more comfortable around her. I was softening without even realizing it myself. I went too far; I promised her sister I won't fall in love with Minji. Why? Because it'll break her heart when she finds out that her sister was involved in my affairs for money. My fingers wrapped around the door knob before my thumb clicked the lock. With that, my hands automatically went to push everything on the table off, everything colliding to the ground with a loud smash. I bit my lips hard as I continued to the cupboard of books and threw them to the ground. I was furious. I needed to calm myself down. I was angry at nobody else but myself. I was feeling such a strong mix of emotions that I didn't even realize that my eyes were already b with tears. I only noticed that I was actually crying when my hands went to wipe my face desperately as I felt something sticky. After realizing that I was no longer able to control my emotions, I dropped myself to the bed as my eyes were staring blankly at the ceiling. Everything was in a mess, just like the mess I had created in my room. 

 

Why are you being so nice all of a sudden? It’s driving me insane and you’re oblivious to it. I was?

Do you like me? I don't know.

There it was. Her voice rang in my head again as all I could hear was the barely audible noise made by the fan. As my brain clicked, I remembered about Minji. Her look when she left the house. I hurriedly stood up as I grabbed a windbreaker before darting out of the room. I quickly made my way down the stairs. The maids that spotted the stoic expression on my face didn't dare to approach me as they backed away, allowing for way for me to leave the house. I grabbed the car keys before heading out, the windbreaker casually hanging on my arm. I got on the car and threw it onto the seat beside the driver's, starting the engine. All I knew that I needed to do now was....to find her. It was late at night and it could be dangerous for her. 

I glanced around and squinted my eyes as I observed every little corner of the street in the car. I drove around the neighborhood as I needed to make sure she was safe. But it didn't take long before I stopped the engine, my eyes glowing from the burning fury I feel deep inside me. It was growing and waiting to be released. My grip on the steering wheel tightened as I clenched my jaws. Because even though it was from the area that was a few meters away from my car, I could clearly spot Minji hugging the Donghae guy.