Anguish

Married To A Playboy

Quite a long chapter ahead*

Your POV

Ever since that incident from the day, things were different. So many things happened in my life as well that I couldn't catch up. I was lacking behind and I would blank out sometimes frequently just to think about what was happening currently. It all occurred too quickly I would be utterly confused. Just like any other day, I was zoning out while looking at my own reflection in the mirror. I had just worn my school uniform and was preparing to head out for school since it was a Monday and apparently, the honeymoon break has ended and I was supposed to go back to school today.

I took one last look at the mirror before walking to the living room. "Where are you going?" Minah asked as she walked past me and to the kitchen. She threw me a curious look but I raised my brow at her question. "School?" She chuckled for a moment after hearing my answer while she took a sip from her mug of milk. She walked to the couch and jumped on it while hanging her arm over the armrest and smiling at me. "You don't need to,"

"What? Why don't I need to?" I asked. "Because your dear sister here, has settled everything. It's better for you to stay away from Sehun. You don't want to see him as well, right?" she asked, emphasising on the right. I obediently nodded even though it was contradicting to what I was thinking. "So I don't have to attend school anymore?" I asked again. "Not now, but I'll help you to sign up for another school with your actual name." she smiled. I nodded while dragging my feet back into my room to change out of my school uniform.

But to be honest, I was dying to go to school and have one last look of Sehun. I was honestly very perturbed about his situation. What would happen to him? It also hit me that Mrs. Oh was returning from overseas today and I wondered how she would feel after learning the actual truth about me. Will she be disappointed or furious? I couldn't even bear to think about it. I changed back to my normal clothes before walking out. I hurriedly slipped into my shoes at the door before leaving the house.

"Minah, I'm going for a walk. I'll be back!" I shouted to her from the door before leaving. I locked the door before putting on my jacket as well since it was cold outside. I rubbed my hands together before blowing some warm air on them. As I walked around the unfamiliar neighbourhood, I was quite surprised to find how pretty the view was. I never actually realized the plants at the sides when I came last time since I was way too bemused about what happened. I was just strolling along the streets until I stopped in my tracks. I spotted the bus-stop and decided to board the bus till the end of the stop. I ran for the bus and tapped my card before making myself comfortable at the last seat in the corner.

Just as I sat in silence along the whole bus trip, all I could hear was the bus engines that were roaring and murmurings of the high school students on the bus. After a few stops, more passengers boarded the bus and it started to get crowded and warm. I stood up to give the grandma that was standing up a seat since she was shivering while standing up. She seemed to be very feeble and I decided she needed the seat more than me. She gave me a shy and friendly smile before sitting on the seat. While standing up, I looked out of the windows to admire the scenery but the snow was covering most of the streets and the plants.

The bus stopped again for the next stop and I held onto the pole at the side for support. But just when I looked up from the ground, a familiar house greeted my view. It was Sehun's house. I didn't even noticed that the bus I boarded could arrive there. I stared at it, hoping it would leave my sight soon before I decide to step down from the bus and walk there. However, many passengers left the bus and the bus stopped for them to step down. One last time, Minji. Just this one last time. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh before following them and leaving the bus as well.

Here I am standing in front of the Oh residence and I couldn't believe I did that myself as well. I felt like part of me was betraying myself but part of me was happy I could make it here once again. I didn't want to enter the house since the maids would be wondering why I was back again after leaving, but I was relieved that Sehun would be at school now since school started. I breathed out with a bitter smile and was about to turn to walk away when someone stopped me in my tracks.

"Minah! Oh My, What are you doing in the cold?" Mrs. Oh bolted towards me with her luggage in her hands. My eyes widened at her sudden appearance while she looked at me with concerned eyes. "Sehun didn't... kicked you out, did he?" she asked suspiciously, her eyes burning, ready to reprimand her son anytime now. "No, he didn't! I was justtaking a walk out here," I laughed awkwardly, having suddenly thought of an excuse since she didn't know I left the house. She chortled along with me before happily pulling me into the house with her. She seemed to have bought many presents from overseas as well since she was holding onto a huge luggage.

Upon entering the house, the maids came forward to greet us. But when they looked up, they were stunned to see me. I put a finger on my lips to signal them not to mention anything and one of them nodded in return. Mrs. Oh excitedly screamed while pulling me over to the couch as the maids took her luggage. She showed me all the presents she bought with a wide smile but I fidgeted uncomfortably with a force smile. The presents were mostly for children such as baby's clothes and it makes things even more unpleasant and awkward for me. "Is there anything wrong? You look uncomfortable," Mrs. Oh asked, her smile fading away. "You didn't fight with Sehun, did you?" 

"Mrs. Oh, actually I'm――" I got stopped by her when she suddenly let out a squeal. "Oh right! Before I forget about it! There's a new house I bought for the both of you!" she beamed while her eyes twinkled in happiness. "Since you're both newlyweds, I'm sorry you both must not have enough time alone," she gave me a motherly smile which I just smiled back to. "Oh but where's Sehun?" she asked while looking around.

"He's in school." I responded, Mrs. Oh letting out an 'ah' at my answer but she snapped her head to my direction as she looked worried. "What about you? Are you sick?" she asked, her hands reaching to my forehead to check. "I guess the fever's gone?" I said, secretly hoping she wouldn't ask anymore. "Take care alright? Oh! How about let's visit the house now? We have the time!" Mrs. Oh exclaimed, clasping her hands together merrily. "Bu-"

"Come on, let's go now!" Before I knew it, she had me settled in the car as she hurried over to the drivers' seat. I froze in the seat while holding onto my seatbelt as she keyed the destination into the gps. Having set up the gps, she placed it on the stand at the front and started the engine. She spent the whole trip talking about what she did overseas and I listened attentively. She also said how she was angry at Mr. Oh for being so busy with work that he couldn't come back this time as well. She was grumbling and protesting that Mr. Oh was too much of a workaholic until she let out a scream because she saw the house.

She drove in and used the automatic key to open the gates. I sat in the car, mouth open with awe as I looked at the house. It was enormous and I had underestimated Mrs. Oh's wealthiness. I got down from the house as I looked around the yard, totally tongue-tied at what to even say. Mrs. Oh got down as well, linking arms with me enthusiastically while pulling me to the entrance door. She passed me the house key while looking at me. She gave me a determined nod. "Go on, open it!" she jumped on her step.

I nodded with a smile before inserting the key in and twisting the door open. When I pushed it open, the living room with all the furnitures neatly arranged came to my view. It was really beautiful as the furnitures were all modern and exactly what I would wish for. We both settled on the sofa as we talked about many things. She also mentioned to me about how she was the one who picked out all the furnitures. I felt myself getting emotional at her actions since my parents passed away when I was young. Mrs. Oh was like a mother to me and I really appreciate what she did.

"Oh! I have to go for some appointment now! You can look around more before going home! I'll get Sehun to come fetch you!" she blabbered on while packing up her bag and leaving in a hurry. I gave her a bear hug tightly before letting her go. I watched how she went into the car and started the engine, reversing out of the house while waving to me. I smiled widely before waving back as well. Goodbye Mrs. Oh, and thank you.

After making sure she had really left, I locked the door and placed the key underneath some flowerpot in the yard. I wrote something on a post-it as well before sticking it on the door. Making sure I was ready to leave, I walked out of the house and headed back to where Minah was.


Sehun's POV

This morning, I left really early to school in case Minji was there. Even if she left my house, there's no way she won't be in school. Our honeymoon ended and we were supposed to start attending school once again. For once, I was actually excited to go to school. I drove to school since I didn't want to waste any time. When I reached, I sprinted to the classroom but to my disappointment, her seat was empty. There were a few students who arrived early as well but that's all. I bit my lips before reluctantly throwing my bag on my seat. I sat down, putting my legs on the table while eyeing her table. Maybe it's just too early.

But after nearing an hour, more and more students had arrived and the classroom turned into some market. Everyone was buzzing and talking. I could hear some people whispering about my relationship with Minji and how we must have fought since she wasn't here with me. It's true but it irked me to hear it come out from other people's mouths since it wasn't related to them in the first place. I clenched my fists and my jaws, still looking at Minji's empty seat. She really isn't coming.

She's gone.

When the teacher stepped in, I went forward to ask about Minji but I found out from him that she quitted. She was transferring schools. What the hell? How could she even just leave like that? Without any sort of goodbye or words. Does she really not want to see me? I bit my lips while dropping my body back to my seat. I somehow managed to survive the whole day of school despite hearing the news. Because of her, I wasn't paying attention at all during the lessons. I couldn't even hear what the teachers were talking about. Everything that was going on in my mind was her. I recalled every conversation we had. Every words she said.

How she always denied about her feelings. How she gets bashful when I say something. How she always get caught for staring at me. How she would look at me. How her lips would match mine perfectly. How she would tangle her fingers in my hair when we kiss. It was addictive and I could say I needed her so much by my side. I've missed all the times when we made out. I've missed cuddling with her on bed. I was missing her touch and her lips so much. So much that it was driving me insane. My fingers were spinning the pen while I stared at the board. I needed her back...but where did she go?


"Son! I need you to do me a favour," My mom called out when I was taking my shoes off at the door. It was nearing the evening and I had just arrived home from school. Ever since Minji left, I had denied every single time Kai asked me out with the the others to their house. Every single time, I would want to quickly go home. Because when I was at home, I would be reminded of her more. I snapped back into reality when I heard my mom's voice. She's back? Holy .

"Mom?" I walked to the living room, looking around for her. Just right then, she walked out from the kitchen while taking off her apron. "Since when did you arrive?" I asked. She frowned for a moment before coming clsoer to me. She passed me her car keys which I raised a brow at. "That's not the important thing now. Go and fetch Minah from your new house, she's probably still waiting there." she shrugged.

"What? What house? What about Minah?" I asked. For some reason, when she mentioned about Minji, my heart skipped a beat. "I bought a new house for both of you to stay at. Go to her and stay there. I've already asked for the maids to moved your belongings there." she said, almost walking away before she turned around again. "And the address is set in the gps already," she added.

"Minah's there? Whatdidn't she..." I stopped before something wrong slipped out of my mouth. "What are you talking about? I did sensed something strange when she was standing out of the house in the morning though..." she walked closer to me again, sending me daggers. "Did you bully your wife or something?" she asked, snapping her fingers in front of me. "What? Of course not!" I snapped. Standing out of the house this morning? She came?

A smile break out on my face when I figured out she actually came back today. Before my mom could say anymore things, I quickly put on my shoes again and went to the car. I the engine in a blink of an eye and set up the gps. I drove to the destination at a fast speed. While driving, my heart couldn't stop beating quickly at the thought of meeting her again. I smiled unconsciously when I realized I would be seeing her again.

I sensed something wrong when the place I reached was dark though, and it made me felt scared that she actually left. When I got down from the car, the place was dark and the lights outside weren't . I used the keys I received from my mom to open the gate and went into the yard. A post-it on the door caught my eyes and I slowly walked forward and took it down. I felt my heart fell and shattered into a million pieces as I read what she wrote on the post-it.

'I left the keys under the flower pot. I've heard from my sister about everything now. I'm sorry but please don't look for me. We're strangers now,'


[A/N]: I promise things will get better:) Let's perservere shall we? We're nearing the end.:)