Culpability

Married To A Playboy

Your POV

Ever since he mentioned that sentence, I was kept in silence and deep thoughts. I didn’t speak much and remained quiet as we took the car and the driver sent us back to the house. I was busy contemplating with myself about his words. Most importantly, is he even serious? What does he even feel for me? Is he even aware that this is all a show? We’re not real. Because I’m not Minah.

“Sehun,” I called out for his name in a weak voice when we entered back to the house. He was proceeding to his room but came to a halt when he heard my voice, turning around with a curious look on his face. He raised a brow as I was zoning out for a moment.

 

“Yea?” he asked as he took a few steps closer to me. We’re at the doorstep and I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I wanted all of these to end, I wanted to know the truth and what he felt about me. After I told him my true feelings, he hadn’t even reply me about it and just said to give it a try. He mentioned there was something interesting about me but that didn’t meant that he like me the way I do. That was a totally different case. He just wanted to know more about me. But now he was treating me like this and I couldn’t tolerate my feelings for him. It was all bottled up, waiting to be released.

“Why are you being like this? What are we?” I asked with a shaky voice as I stared back in his eyes. He seemed to stand really close to me all of a sudden as he towered over me with his tall figure. He was staring intently back at me and our gaze met with different feels. I could feel my adrenaline rushing over my body when he suddenly lifted his hands as they caressed my cheek. His gaze was still fixed on mine and I could feel his chest touching mine from our closeness.

 

“What’s wrong?” his breath tickled against my lips as I quivered from the contact. He frowned when he realized that I avoided his gaze and looked at somewhere else when he asked that question. His hands that were cupping my cheeks forced me to look at him as I reluctantly looked back, tears forming slightly in my eyes. He waited patiently for my answer as he bit his lips seeing my expression.

“What relationship are we in? Why are you being so nice all of a sudden? It’s driving me insane and you’re oblivious to it.” I sort of glared at him for causing all this as my cheeks were stained with my tears that came down. I started to breathe in and out quickly as I tried to calm myself down since the tears were uncontrollably streaming down my face. He looked at me without a word, his eyes laden with sympathy. His hands dropped down to my shoulders as he gave it a light squeeze.

 

“Calm down,” he said in his husky voice as I slowly breathed in and out to regain my senses. I was feeling so emotional all of a sudden and I didn’t like it a tiny bit. I tried to take a step away from him as my foot grazed against the floor to move back, just to cause me to stagger slightly and fall. He grabbed me as his hands wrapped around my waist so that I could get back my balance. My eyes bulged at the abrupt incident and before I knew it, I felt his lips on mine.

His fringe was tickling my eyes but I could still make it out that his eyes were closed as he pushed me closer to him, every part of our bodies touching. He figure out that I wasn’t responding as I stood motionless, unable to comprehend what just happened. Why was he even kissing me? His kiss was gentle and his lips simply touched mine. His eyebrows furrowed when  I didn’t react to his actions. His hands than reached to cupped my cheeks again before he deepened the kiss as he tilted his head.

Blood rushed to my cheeks as I could feel my hormones getting excited over this trivial action. I closed my eyes before responding back to his kiss. My tears still trickled down despite that as he on my bottom lips. His tongue would seek for my permission before exploring around as his hands wrapped around my waist to pull me even closer if it was possible, causing some kind of friction between our bodies.

After he pulled away, he stared back at me with an unreadable expression before he pulled my head closer to him and embraced me. His chin was on my shoulder as his hands were around me, hugging me so tightly I couldn’t breathe well. While I was getting comfortable with his warm and protective arms, he lightly patted my back. “What does this mean?” I asked as he wanted to pull away from the hug to look at me when I asked that question, but I hugged him even tighter to prevent him from doing so. He seemed to have gotten the signal as he just remained still.

He was silent and I started to worry about it. “Do you like me?” I asked again to break the silent atmosphere that I loathed in this moment. No respond. “You know how I feel about you, what about you? What do you feel about me?” I asked, this time pulling away to have a good look of his expression. He looked dull for a moment as guilt washed over him. And at this moment, I felt betrayed all of a sudden. The tears that were dried up for a few minutes previously seemed to have returned.

 

“What’s this now?” I let out a bitter laugh as I looked at him. I backed away from him as he didn’t pull me or hold me back. He didn’t even look at me in the eyes. “Then what’s that kiss just now?” I asked again. Oh Sehun has always managed to confuse me somehow and I was always the one being hurt unlike him. I was prepared to reach for the door handle and leave the house, running away from this sudden nightmare I’m in. His eyes travelled back to mine as he had an apologetic look on his face.

 

“Look Minji, I” I raised my hands to stop him from talking. I didn’t think I could manage it if he says what on his mind on because I had a hunch on what he was planning to say. But even though I didn’t want to hear it, he continued. “I’m sorry, I don’t know…” his voice trailed as he stopped to give me time to comprehend his words. I don’t know? What kind of answer is that? I’m sorry? That was the last thing I wanted to hear.

He kept silent as before the next thing could happen and send me toppling over, I reached for the door and left the house. I ran away from the house as I wanted to get away from him as soon as possible. And as far as possible. I needed time away from him. After all he had done that made my feelings for him grow, he left a sorry like this. Then why bother doing all those things in the first place? My eyes were swollen from all the crying but I couldn’t stop.

I dialled a person’s number on my phone as he was the only person I could think of that could comfort me and make things feel better. He picked up almost immediately which I appreciated since I was in the middle of nowhere on a road that I wasn’t familiar with. Furthermore, it was the night time.

 

"Hello?” “Can you come and get me please? I’m in a mess,” I sobbed and sniffled as I spoke in an utterly weak and soft voice. It sounded like a whisper but I didn’t care at the moment, I needed someone. And this someone could understand how I feel now.


Sehun’s POV
 

“Sehun,” Minji said my name all of a sudden as we stepped into the house. We have just came back from our date at the Namsan Tower which I actually enjoyed a lot. It wasn’t all that bad after all since I could spend time with my wife alone too. Her voice sort of caused me to have a bad feeling about it since she became serious all of a sudden. Actually ever since I mentioned the sentence about locking our love forever. I just figured out that girls like her would like to hear such sweet and romantic things like those but I guess not.

“Yea?” I replied as I turned around to look at her. She seemed to be in a daze since she was just staring blankly at nothing. My brow arched at her sudden behaviour as I went closer to her. Is she sick? “Why are you being like this? What are we?” she asked as my eyes were actually more focused on her face rather than the topic she was talking about. I frowned when I couldn’t understand her question. Being like what? Did I do something wrong? My hands covered her cheeks to keep her warm.

 

"What’s wrong?” I asked instead, hoping she could loosen up since she looked slightly furious. I figured out I did something wrong to her and she wasn’t happy about it. What relationship are we in? Why are you being so nice all of a sudden? It’s driving me insane and you’re oblivious to it.” She said all at once. Then I understood. It was about her confession. She did mentioned that she liked me and I hadn’t reply to her feelings. But wasn’t it too in a rush? I said that we’ll give it a try, we’re already in a relationship. What is she asking about? I frowned but then softened when I realized that she was going to cry. Tears has already gathered in her eyes and she started to hyperventilate. My hands reached to her shoulders as I squeeze them gently, hoping to comfort her.

 

“Calm down,” I said. Even though I said that, she moved away from me just to fall but I managed to catch her before she could fall. Right at that moment, my eyes caught her pink lips and it couldn’t seemed to leave the sight. Her lips were slightly separated as she was surprised from the fall and my eyes just kept staring at it. I felt an urge to kiss her and so I did. I couldn’t really control myself when it comes to her. She was shocked at my sudden action but I deepened the kiss so that she could respond to it.

My hormones were getting uncontrollable and I needed her touch badly. I didn’t think I could handle it anymore as I pulled her even closer to me so that I could feel her. Her body coming in contact with mine sent tingly feelings and sparks all over me as my heart was beating at a fast rate. I could feel her curves and all the bumps of her body and that made my ears turned slightly red. I pulled away before I turned into a beast. Her hair was slightly messed up from my sudden kiss and her swollen lips caused me to bit my lips and clucked my tongue.

I needed to control myself from pouncing on her before things could get worse. I pulled her to a bear hug so that I couldn’t see her face. I swallowed as I felt her body in contact with mine again but it felt better this time. I exhaled to calm my hormones as I held everything in. “What does this mean?” she asked, destroying the mood all of a sudden. She had been saying weird things currently and I couldn’t understand most of it. I frowned but she asked another question, “Do you like me?” Her question seemed to snapped some sense in me as I remembered that I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with her. Her sister made a deal with me, I’m supposed to keep it.

 

“You know how I feel about you, what about you? What do you feel about me?” she said again as she pulled away from my embrace, making me feel empty all of a sudden. “What’s this now?” she laughed but I knew she was crying in the inside. “Then what’s that kiss just now?” she said. I should’ve held it in. I didn’t know what to say as words got caught in my throat. I didn’t know whether I had feelings for her. I just knew that we were both married now and we’re just living our lives like any other married couples. I hadn’t thought that far. Her question was like a slap on my face.

 

“Look Minji, I” I tried to talk but she didn’t allow me to. She seemed so vulnerable right now as she looked as if she was going to faint any moment. She backed away from me a couple of steps and I couldn’t help but feel an enormous amount of guilt. She looked so weak that she couldn’t even stand properly. “I’m sorry, I don’t know.” I muttered as I stared at her, worried about what she was going to do. Before I could say another word, she turned the door handle and left the house without saying anything.

 

And I knew that I had screwed things up.