Gradually

Married To A Playboy

Your POV

“Sun is rising get your up,” I casually said as I took a cardigan out and wore it, frequently stealing glances at Sehun, who was still all snuggled up in his bed as I rolled my eyes. I pulled the curtains open as the sun rays seeped through the transparent glass windows. Sehun groaned slightly before pulling his covers up to cover the rays that were tickling his eyelids. I trudged towards the bed, bending down before lightly slapping his face after gently pulling the blankets away.

“Come on,” I softened slightly upon seeing him sleeping, his mouth slightly opened as he was sleeping soundly. He seemed to be really tired from the wedding but then my brain snapped, we had an assignment to complete.

 

“Wake up, we have unfinished work to do,” I said again before he mumbled a simple ‘what’ with his eyes still closed and unconscious. He wasn’t awake and he wasn’t going to be awake. I gradually grew frustrated before stomping over to my bag to get the things out first. I threw the documents onto the table before making my way down to the kitchen.

The maids greeted me with a polite smile as I did the same. I walked over to the refrigerator before opening it and getting some ice cubes onto my hands. The maids whispered among each other as they stood behind me, wondering what I was supposed to do with the ice cubes. They were curious but I just smiled back at them before walking back to the room.

I made sure to close the door before walking over just to see the familiar figure still in bed. I let out a sigh before tossing the ice cubes onto him. I darted away from the bed as I sat on the chair, browsing through the document. It didn’t take him long before he jumped out from the bed and let out a soft yelp. “What was that?” he asked as his hands roamed about his chest that was still not covered.

I snatched the white shirt beside my table before tossing it to him. He caught it swiftly and wore it over his head. I was absorbed in looking through the documents before I felt a wet kiss planted on my cheeks, making me snapped my head to his direction. He gave me a boyish smile before taking a seat beside me. He looked so simple yet charming as I shook my head.

 

“What’s that?” he took it away from me without my permission even though I hadn’t finish reading it. I scowled at him but he continued to read it. He raised a brow before standing up, the chair making a screeching ear-piercing sound. I looked up at him as he rubbed his stomach with his palms. “I’m hungry,” he simply retorted before leaving the room. I was surprised at his sudden actions before following him down to the first level.

I wasn’t stunned to find him wolfing down a sandwich in the kitchen. “Let’s start with that boring thing after we eat,” he spoke with the sandwich still in his mouth, making his pronunciation unclear. The assignment will take a long time which I was more than sure of and if we didn’t start soon, we ‘ll fail it. Failing it wasn’t what I was looking forward to.

“We need food for energy before battling with that assignment,” he continued as he started to much on the other sandwich that the maids made. I nodded since his words weren’t exactly wrong and decided to stay with him in the kitchen as I consumed the sandwiches too. “But-“ I stopped as he looked up. He gave me a look for me to continue with my sentence.

 

“We really need to start on it after this,”

He rolled his eyes with a smile before he continued to play with this game that he downloaded on his phone. He had been playing it for quite a while but he’s a guy. Guys like games, don’t they? “Of course,” he said before he returned to playing his game with another sandwich in his mouth. I had already lost count of the number of sandwiches he managed to eat.


“Oh Sehun, we really need to start,” I tried to reason with him but he walked to the living room and casually plopped himself down into the couch. He the television as his slim legs lifted and rested on the table in front. I glared at him as he was wasting time but he just shrugged impassively as if forgetting about what he said previously.

 

“The assignment,” I reminded him as he switched the channel instead, eyes focused on the television. His arms reached over and pulled me closer to him as his arms rested on my shoulder. “We really have a lot to do,” I said as he nodded, not listening to anything I was saying. He must have hated assignments. But… who doesn’t?

“If you’re not going to do, I’ll do it then,” I stood up from the couch as I walked to the stairs. Just when I was about to reach the room, I heard quick footsteps from behind as he caught up with me. He pulled me to face him before dragging me to his room.

 

“Fine, let’s do it.”

He had an annoyed face as he slothfully sat on the chair with a frown. I chuckled slightly at his immature actions as I went to the table as well. “Remember our deal?” he spoke all of a sudden as I was starting to plan for the assignment. I was writing it as I hummed along, nodding my head. How could I forget it?

 

“I’m just doing this for the sake of that deal,” he confessed. But it seemed as if he was trying to tell me if not for that deal, we would’ve failed that assignment since he wouldn’t do anything. I should feel grateful then and appreciate the deal since it helped me in a way or another. He exhaled loudly deliberately before indolently taking the pen from the stationary holder on the table and starting to plan for the assignment as well.

 

Technology…Events on technology. What should we even focus on for the essay to be more interesting and engaging for the readers? I was staring into open space, contemplating deeply on what to write. My brain couldn’t even function properly since it wasn’t contributing at all in this moment. I couldn’t even think of a single idea as I kept doodling on the paper. It was really silent as both of us were engrossed in coming up with one idea for the essay.

I muttered some words before deciding to give up and research on my phone first. Maybe basic research could give me some hints on how I should start. I was looking at some sites when my eyes directed to the side, stealing a glance of Sehun. He was spinning his pen as he was staring at the documents the teacher gave.

He looked extremely striking and stunning even though he was just reading the lines of the paper. His nose was sharp and his hair wasn’t even tidy. It was being blown by the fan from behind but he still looked attractive. And we’re married.

I still couldn’t believe that. It was as if that important thing slapped me in the face since we’re actually married. With me under the identity of my sister, Minah. I wasn’t Minah, I’m Minji. What’s the plan for the future? I have absolutely no idea too since I believe my sister must have at least some instructions for me to do after getting married to him. It was absurd yet I did it.

 

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked, popping my thoughts as he waved a few fingers in front of me. I blinked a couple of times before finally able to reply a ‘yes’. He didn’t seem to believe it as he raised a brow. “What are you thinking of so deeply?” he asked again as he was still spinning his pen. I shook my head as he passed his paper to me. He realized I wasn’t going to answer so he changed the subject.

 

“I’m done, how about you?”

That certainly caught me off guard since when was he such a hard-worker? I gave him a suspicious look which he ignored as my eyes then darted back to the paper that he passed me. It was written like a mindmap with different points branched out with his ugly handwriting. Even though it wasn’t really neat, the points weren’t that bad. My brows furrowed as I had trouble reading it.

 

“Save your compliments for your husband later, we can just type the essay now. I’ve got the points in that paper.” He chuckled before taking his laptop from his bed, turning it on. I actually laughed at his statement since I was indeed confounded to find that he had such a personality of him. He seemed to really want that date seriously.

He began typing out the essay as we planned it together. I phrased it out in full for him as he typed what I said. His points were still lacking in some way but I managed to fill up the empty parts. My eyes slightly widen when I saw the time on my phone. It was near midnight and we hadn’t eaten anything other than some sandwiches. We took almost 8 hours to complete it since we didn’t wake up that early either.

Sehun cracked his knuckles as he printed out the essay. He had the satisfied grin etched on his face as I was impressed by him too. He put the pieces of paper on the table before laying on his bed, yawning as I still sat on the chair. I scrutinized the essay one last time before smiling unconsciously.

 

“Now, when’s that date going to be?” he asked with a cheeky grin.

I pretended to think as I shrugged. “I don’t know,” I said as he frowned at my actions. He stood up before pushing me out of the door and making me enter the kitchen. “Make whatever edible food, I’m starving.” He told the maids before grabbing some bottles of water and tossing one to me which I barely managed to catch.

He pulled me to the couch again as we sat back there. He the television as some movie was playing. I had a challenging time keeping my eyes open as I was about to fall asleep. Sehun seemed to notice it as well as I heard a soft chuckle before his hand pushed the side of my head so that it fell to his shoulder. I instantly closed my eyes as I started to fall asleep.

But there was a faint voice behind my head that I almost couldn’t catch.

 

‘You shouldn’t fall in love with him’


Author's Note

Hey guys, I'm finally leaving a author's note once again. There's many things going on with this story and I was having trouble sorting things out but I sort of did it. I'm sorry I took so long for this chapter so I'll try my best to update sooner also to end this story since I had many other stories lining up. But still, it doesn't mean this story is ending soon haha. It still has many chapters waiting so not to worry. Thanks for all your support and I really hope you guys can leave a comment or so. I'll try my best to update frequently but not now since I still  have one more examination waiting for me. And also, as for my sequence of stories updates, I normally take turns to update so if for example, I updated My Ex Boyfriend, Oh Sehun, I'll update Married to a Playboy afterwards. So far, I have two stories waiting to be completed and another one waiting to be started. If I happened to update the same story more than once, it'll probably be because I haven't planned out that chapter yet. I hope you guys can understand.

And as for Married To A Playboy, things will start to reveal themselves after chapters since there are many secrets among every one of them. And as for the ending, I won't be mentioning anything as for now. The next chapter will be more exciting.

Lastly, comment, upvote and subscribe! Love you guys!

Xoxo, LuhanL