Assignment

Married To A Playboy

Your POV

My gaze automatically darted to Soohyun, suspecting her since she was one of the few who knew about the marriage. Her eyes were practically as wide as mine when she saw the contents of the paper as she soon found out that I was looking at her. She instantly shook her head, indicating that it wasn’t her who spread about the marriage. But then, I came to school with her; it was impossible for her to have put up all that posters on the board when she came to school with me. However, another person’s name came into my mind.

But I shook my head as I blamed myself for even thinking of her. It can’t be her.

 

“What did I miss?” Sehun’s arm was slung over my shoulder as he pulled me close to him, the sides of our body touching. I couldn’t be bothered about that at the moment since the board filled with the papers were still staring right at me; some parts flickering out because of the wind since it was put on with a small pin. Soft whispers and chattering could be heard from some students who walked passed us. Sehun threw them a deathly glare which caused them to turn taciturn almost immediately.

He seemed to have noticed that too but he could take the shocking news better than me. Actually, he wasn’t even surprised. But then, he may be the one who put all that up. “I wonder…” he hummed as he observed the papers, harshly pulling off one of it to scrutinize it clearer. “Who did this?” he asked, crushing the paper with his fingers before throwing it aside. After throwing the paper, he turned to look at me, smiling widely. I raised a brow at his bipolar actions before he planted a wet kiss on my cheeks.

“It’s okay babe, they will know it sooner or later.” He mentioned as a matter of fact. I nodded in agreement since his words made sense before scowling at him for having his saliva all over my face. I wiped it off with my hands as Soohyun grinned, giving Sehun a high-five mischievously. “Besides, I know who did this.” He said before removing his arms from weighing on me and pulling my hand so I could follow him. His sentence left me astonished.

 

We arrived at the classroom after he pulled me all the way to classroom before I could say any other words. Soohyun was smirking the entire time as she tagged along behind us, receiving daggers from me for not helping me. She would just shrugged as she gestured for me to follow Sehun. “What happened? Who did it? You actually knew?” I literally shouted at the last question since if he knew, he could have prevented it from happening rather than doing nothing about it.

He continued to calmly take out his books as he tossed his bag to the floor beside his table afterwards. He didn’t even take a glance at me even though I was asking him questions and I knew he was deliberately doing that because he doesn’t want to answer my questions.

 

“Oh Sehun,”

Surprisingly, he looked up when I called out his full name. He looked at me, his eyes sparkling in amazement. I, too, just realized that I had actually called out his full name. Being the first time I did that, he chuckled in amusement. “It’s the first time you called out my full name,” he said. “I know, so answer my questions.” I cut to the chase since I was really curious and desperate to know what he meant.

 

“You’ll know soon,”

His sentence made me scoffed incredulously. He wasn’t going to answer my questions and my patience was ticking off. I was about to pester him about it when the teacher sauntered into the classroom, making me face the front instead. He placed his belongings down onto the teachers’ table before he greeted us. But right after that, I caught Sehun smirking when the teacher’s sentence left me puzzled once again.

 

“Oh Sehun and Minah, the principal would like to meet both of you now in her office.”

I didn’t know how but we managed to end up in the principal’s office for the second time. The first time being when we were actually educated on only being able to have appropriate actions in school. I let out an exasperating sigh as he only stifled a laughter at my actions. We were standing in front of the familiar door once again. I didn’t want to knock the door as I stared at it instead, sometimes directing my eyes over to Sehun who just kept eyeing my every moves with a smirk. I have a strong feeling that he knew everything that was going to happen in the office, which made me even more nervous and flustered about it.

 

“Are you going to knock or what? If you’re not knocking, I’ll do it,” he said with that smug expression as he raised his hands, about to knock the door when I stopped him. I gripped tightly onto his wrist as he turned to look at me with a baffled look. He blinked a couple of times while I bit my lips. “What will happen if we go in?” I asked. His hand reached to my fingers that were wrapped around his wrist as he held them. He patted them in a comforting manner as he nodded his head, signalling that it will be fine. Reluctantly, I put down my hands as he knocked on the door.

 

“Come in,”

That same familiar voice could be heard from behind the door as Sehun turned the door knob and stepped in. I followed him as I closed the door quietly after both of us have entered the office. The same old man, named Mr. Kim appeared to be lazing around in his office chair as he gestured for us to have a seat. We sat on the same chairs as the previous time as the ticking of the clock could be heard.

 

“Firstly, congratulations to both of you for getting engaged to each other.”

My mouth fell open when those words came out from his face as he gave us a sincere smile. I felt Sehun’s hands reaching over to hold mine that was on my lap. I glanced at him and he was actually giving back a polite smile. What’s happening?

 

“I heard from Mrs. Oh that both of you will be having your wedding tomorrow, and I’ve already been informed that both of you would be absent. “ he mentioned, causing my jaws to sag even more since his personality had a 180 degrees change. Soon after, I also found out that Mrs. Oh had actually talked to him about our marriage and asked for his permission. She really did prepared everything for the wedding. But then, the person who I had suspected to have put up the posters was actually correct. It was her.

 

“Not to mention, Sehun, you should be grateful for having such a loving mother! She came in early today to put up the posters in our school’s noticeboard,” he said as Sehun just nodded after hearing his words. I was flabbergasted at everything that was happening utterly quickly and it was scaring me out. Sehun’s grip on my hands tightened as he squeezed my hand slightly. I forced out a smile as the principal continued to praise us for being such a compatible couple.


“Now that’s unbelievable,” I muttered the moment I stepped out of the office. The principal had filled us with compliments and he was being a totally different person. “That’s because my mom donated a few millions to this school,” he explained truthfully, causing eyes to bulge at his sudden statement. He shrugged before holding my hand again and returning to the classroom.

 

“You’ll be having an assignment due―” the teacher was interrupted as we arrived in the classroom. Sehun lazily knocked on the door, his body partly leaning on it. The teacher rolled his eyes heavily before he instructed for us to return to our seats. He exhaled, controlling his patience before he repeated what he was saying. Since we were absent for quite a while; the principal having talked lots of bull, he had to repeat all the instructions.

“Just like I said before, there will be an assignment due by the end of this week. It is a pair work and your partner will be your assigned table partners.” He said in a stern voice, eyeing Sehun who had lifted his legs to rest on the table the moment he reached his seat. I nudged him with my elbow for him to put his leg down but instead, he loosened his tie as he shrugged. The teacher coughed, having known that an attempt to tell Sehun to put his leg down would be useless.

“So all of you will have to conduct your own research and write out an essay for the topic you’re assigned to. One pair would only be needed to hand up one copy of the essay. There will be no excuse for anyone who are not able to hand it up by the deadline,” He said the last sentence, indirectly supposed to be for Sehun. Sehun just grinned proudly after he said that. My hands reached for the document placed on my table as I read it. Our topic was on technology and I huffed. Sehun snatched it away from me as he flipped the pages of the document.

 

After explaining about the assignment, the teacher left the classroom as it was a free period for all of us to start discussing about the assignment. The classroom was filled with buzzes immediately as it turned noisy. Sehun was spinning his pen as he looked out of the window. I wasn’t really in the mood to discuss about the assignment but I didn’t want to fail it either. “But how did you know that it was Mrs. Oh who did it?” I asked all of a sudden instead.

“She told me about it after you left,” he shrugged as he continued to spin his pen. I nodded with an ‘ah’ as I took out the document. I threw it to his table as I pointed to it. “Let’s do our best for this assignment,” I tried to say that in a slightly more enthusiastic tone but failed miserably. “I’m not in the mood,” he simply said as he pushed the document back to me. I scoffed at his behaviour before slapping his shoulder. He flinched before glaring at me.

 

“Come on, stop being a lazy . Nobody likes assignment,”

I detested assignments too since they are a pain in the and the research takes up a lot of time that I could spend on even wiser things. Besides, I don’t really benefit from doing it. “Let’s have a deal instead. I will do my best for this but then I will get something in return,” he said with a stoic face. It wasn’t that bad of a deal since I figured out it would be interesting to see him working hard for an assignment. It’ll be quite amusing.

 

“Deal,” I said without any hesitation. With that, he instantly took back that document as he started to read it seriously. I chuckled as I told him to share it instead so I could read it too. He was reading the first page when he suddenly turned to look at me. “Aren’t you interested in what I want in return?” he asked with innocent eyes as I shook my head.

 

“Nope, not now.”

I was focusing on the paper since the criteria for the essay was more strict than I had expected. I didn’t notice that he was staring at my face since I was too engrossed in the document that had useful information on how we could get started off with the essay. I realized something was off when it was quiet. I turned around as I met his eyes.

 

“Let’s go on a date after this,”