Un Epílogo

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“So, you think that your marriage is having a problem right now?”

The already married woman sat across her nodded her head slowly, her face looked gloomy.

“What’s make you think so?” she asked the woman, staring at her. “Well – he’s been acting differently these days. I think I barely know the new side of him. As if like I don’t know who is he right now.” the woman talked quietly, sighing a deep sigh.

“You don’t try to ask or talk to him?”

She shook her head, pressing her lips tighter. “I don’t know what to ask anymore. Whenever I tried to bring up this topic, he always knows how to avoid it; acting like nothing happen.” she answered her.

“I never thought this sort of problem would come. It feels like a nightmare to me. I don’t know what is wrong with our marriage. Everything was perfect before – he such a good father to our kids and a lovely husband for me. But now, I feel like I’m living with someone else.” the woman murmured quietly, her voice almost crack.

“Do you think he has an affair or someone behind your back?” asked the person.

The woman heaved a deep sigh, lifting her shoulders. Her eyes darted towards the person in front of her.

“Maybe.”

 

 

Her hands were busy setting up the bed before she went to sleep for tonight. It already a habit of hers that she usually does before she goes to sleep in the night. A small smile formed on her lips as she gazed at the bed she made up.

Chaerin then walked out from her bedroom, not forget to take a quick glance at the clock on the nightstand beside the head of the bed.

Eleven forty-five.

She pursed her lips, making her way through the small hallway before stopping right in front of the door of a room among from few other rooms also located along the hallway. Slowly, trying not to make any noise, Chaerin quietly opened the door room, revealing a room with dim light coming from the bed lamp located on the small table at a corner in the room.

A small, warm smile crept it way towards her plump lips. Chaerin took few steps into the room, seeing her two twin boys sleeping on their own beds. Yong Jae was sleeping soundly while his thumb in his mouth while the other one; Yong Soo was sleeping and at the same time hugging his most treasured plush toy in his arms. Both of them looked so peaceful and cute when they were sleeping compared to the time when the two twin boys were playing with each other.

Tucking the comforter to warm up their bodies, Chaerin placed a single kiss at the twins’ forehead before softly caressing their heads; was about to walk herself out from the room when she heard a small voice.

“Mummy?”

Chaerin turned her body around, now seeing Yong Soo; the younger brother of the twins which she gave birth to him few minutes after his brother, Yong Jae.

“Mummy, is that you?” Yong Soo asked with his sleepy voice, rubbing his eyes with his hand.

“Yes, dear. This is mummy. What’s wrong?” Chaerin asked as she went closer towards her child, sitting at the end of the small framed, single bed. “I cannot sleep, mummy.” Yong Soo quietly whined, looking at Chaerin with sympathy face.

A soft chuckle escaped from Chaerin’s mouth then. “Yong Soo, dear. You need to sleep. You have to attend the kindergarten tomorrow. Remember, dear?” Chaerin softly reminded, patting Yong Soo’s head with her hand. Yong Soo pouted cutely, cuddling closer towards Chaerin then. “Do you want me to sing you a song then?” said Chaerin, gently patting Yong Soo.

Yong Soo nodded his head, leaning against Chaerin’s chest then. Chaerin’s lips formed a small smile before she started to hum a lullaby and at the same time rocking her body slowly back and forth so that Yong Soo could sleep at the moment. Later on, when Chaerin felt that Yong Soo already fallen asleep in her arms, she carefully scooped her son before placing him on the bed again, tucking the comforter to give warmth for him.

She then leaned closer before brushing her lips against Yong Soo’s forehead, slowly tip toed herself out from the room, carefully closing the door behind her without making any noise. Chaerin then made her way towards her own bedroom only to stop her track when her ears caught the sound of car engine that just entered to the house lawn. Her eyes quickly scanned to search for a clock and when she did; Chaerin could not help herself to feel weird since the clock already showed it was past midnight, almost twelve fifteen already.

Chaerin took a deep breath then, waiting herself at the spot where she was standing at the moment; arms crossed on her chest at the same time.

Few minutes of waiting, she then heard the sound of the front door clicking before being opened from the inside, revealing a familiar figure that just stepped inside the house before locking up the front door again, entering the passcode for the security system.

“OH GOD!” Chaerin was also taken aback with the surprise voice coming from her husband, Jiyong who just got home seconds ago.

Her lips formed a thin line before she opened to speak then. “You come home late, oppa.” she murmured quietly, her voice sounded as a matter of fact.

Jiyong just nodded his head, did not notice the sudden changes of his wife at that time. “Yeah, I’ve got a lot of work to complete and there’s a traffic jam on my way home.” Jiyong stated, loosening his necktie before removing it then.

Chaerin raised her eyebrows, making an ‘O’ form on her lips. “Oppa, can I talk to you for a minute?” asked Chaerin when Jiyong was about to made his way towards their bedroom, probably wanting to clean up himself and went to sleep then.

“What is it, sweetheart? Can’t we just talk tomorrow?” Jiyong asked back with tired voice, looking at his wife.

“No, this is important. Don’t worry, I won’t take your time long, oppa.” Chaerin returned back with firm voice, staring back at her husband. Jiyong did not say anything, just waiting for his wife to open and talk about whatever she wanted to talk at this moment.

“Oppa, can I know what’s wrong with us? Why I feel like we’re falling apart from each other? Is there something wrong between us?” Chaerin asked directly, staring at Jiyong with a frown plastered on her face.

Jiyong creased his forehead, looking back at his wife in disbelief. “What do you mean? Why you ask me something like that?” he questioned back then.

Chaerin let out a light scoff, shaking her head. “You know what I meant. I particularly don’t know what is happening right now but for me – there’s something wrong somewhere between us! Yes, you might not notice it because you’re too busy with your own work lately! What is it, oppa? Tell me, what actually happening between us here. Right now…” Chaerin mumbled, trying to control herself for not being too hard towards Jiyong.

“Chaerin, I don’t understand any single thing you’re saying right now. Why you think that there’s something wrong with us? What nonsense you’re talking about? Look, you know I’m busy with my work, right? But that doesn’t mean that I forget I have my own family. I do spend my time with you and our children, right? So, what is it that seems wrong for your eyes?” Jiyong talked back, frowning at his wife then.

“I know that, oppa. I know that you do you have works to be done. And also, I know that you never forget that you actually have a family of your own in your life. Yes, you’re a great father for our children; for Yong Jae, Yong Soo and Arine. But, for me, you’re no longer a husband that I know in my life. You’re a completely different person far from what I’ve known before.” Chaerin quietly muttered, fighting back her own tears.

“Lately, I feel like I don’t know you, oppa. Yeah, I know you said that you spend your time with our children but a part of me feel like I’m not belong to you and the children. As if I don’t exist in this family or something. If you don’t notice, you’re ignoring me these days, oppa. I’m saying this not because I’m jealous or seeking for your attention – but because I feel like unwanted in this house, especially to you, oppa. Why? Did I ever do something that make you angry with me? That I did not realize about that? Is that the reason, oppa?”

Jiyong stared back at his wife, trying to absorb what Chaerin was saying right in this middle of night. “Tell me, oppa. Don’t just stand there and keep your mouth shut!” Chaerin added more, gritting her teeth in anger.

“What do you want me to tell you then? There’s nothing wrong between us! Besides, I don’t think you ever done anything wrong to me. Why you’re asking something like this?” Jiyong asked his wife, looking at Chaerin with disbelief look, shaking his head then.

“Because you’re acting really weird lately! I know that you’re been a great father towards our children but for a husband – I don’t think you are. I feel like I don’t know what is wrong with you, between us, oppa. You never realize about this, right?” Chaerin raised one of her eyebrows, staring at Jiyong.

Jiyong heaved a deep sigh then, rubbing his temple with his fingers. “This is what you want to talk about? About something that you’re not even sure at? Something that for me doesn’t make sense at all. Why you’re being like this, Chaerin? Now I feel like I’m the one who don’t even know the person standing in front-”

Before Jiyong could finish his sentence – a hard slap touched his left cheek then.

“The only time you called me by my name is when there is wrong between us. You know what, oppa? I’m done with this. Talking to you about this is like I’m talking to a wall. Fine! Just assume that this conversation here never happen at all. Isn’t that right, Mr. Kwon?”

Chaerin then walked passed by Jiyong, purposely hitting her husband’s shoulder on her way – leaving Jiyong all alone there; feeling absolutely confused and at the same time, painful on his left cheek. Seriously, Jiyong did not understand why Chaerin behaved like this.

What was exactly wrong with both of them?

From Jiyong’s view, he honestly thought that there’s actually nothing wrong between Chaerin and him. And just now, Chaerin acted as if he just done a big mistake towards her and even gave him a hard slap on his cheek. To be honest, Jiyong was really clueless with what happened just now. Plus, with him felt exhausted due to lot of works at the office, Jiyong did not expect that a terrible fight would await him when he got home.

What just happened exactly?

 

 

Days after that were horrible nightmare for the married couple. Of course, when they were with their children, both Jiyong and Chaerin just acted like a normal parent although Chaerin was still a bit cold with Jiyong but when both of them were all alone, another round started next.

Chaerin just could not believe that Jiyong acted like he did not give any care about what just happened that other night between both of them. Instead, he just behaved like he did before which resulting making Chaerin felt angrier than before. She did not know anymore what to say or to act because being cold to Jiyong did not give that much affection towards her husband.

Besides, since that night quarrel, both of them much preferred to do their own things. Jiyong with his office works and not to forget, spending part of his time with his three children while Chaerin just continued with what she’s been doing in her daily life as a fully housewife.

Yes. That’s what Chaerin decided to do after she graduated and not to mention, giving birth to the twin boys back few years ago. Now, being a mother to her three children and a wife at the same time; Chaerin could not believe that she actually successfully made herself through the journey.

After three years the twin boys were born, Chaerin found out that she was pregnant again. And when the time she delivered the newborn baby, this time it was a girl and the married couple decided to name the little princess in their family with the name of Kwon Arine. During her second pregnancy, that time it was Chaerin the one who had the morning sickness and everything. And because of that, Jiyong was the one who asked Chaerin to go to the clinic, worried that she might fall sick and when both of them knew the news about Chaerin’s pregnancy, both of them was a bit surprised but Jiyong could already guess the news due to Chaerin’s condition that time.

Her twin boys were excited when they acknowledged about having another sibling members in the family and since it’s a girl this time, Yong Jae and Yong Soo just being a bit protective towards their little sister. What Chaerin could not ever forget was the moment when Jiyong’s sister playfully joking that she wanted to take away their little sister, Arine to her home which resulting with the twins crying loudly, not wanting to let anyone took their younger sister from them.

Of course, the only thing that Chaerin could not stop was the time. Realizing or not, it’s been few years now and her twin boys already aged six years old and even went to kindergarten. Arine was still being the baby of the family which her age just turned three years old few months ago. Look how time flew so fast, right?

Sometimes, Chaerin felt like it just yesterday when she gave birth to all her children, fighting with all of her energy just to make sure that her babies see the world. And now, the three of them already growing beautifully right in front of her eyes and thinking about those precious times, Chaerin could not help herself to feel emotional and touch at the same time.

Plus – with what happening right now, sometimes she felt like to burst to tears because of the heavy feeling that she tried to hold inside her but when she thought of many things; Chaerin just shrugged all of those negative thinking and just pretended to be okay although she felt the opposite way though.

That night, Chaerin was washing the dishes after having dinner with her family when one of the twins; the eldest one in their family, Yong Jae came to her, calling for his mother then.

“Yes, dear? Is there something you want?” asked Chaerin, looking at her child.

Yong Jae nodded his head then, smiling cheekily at his mother. “Mummy, can I ask you something?” asked the little six years old boy. A warm smile formed on Chaerin’s lips, her head nodding then. “Can you bring me, Yong Soo and Arine to the playground tomorrow? Daddy told us that he’ll busy tomorrow and said mummy can take all of us to the playground.” Yong Jae murmured, smiling at Chaerin then.

Chaerin looked at her son, raising one of her eyebrows. “Daddy told you that?” the little boy nodded his head, still the happy, cheerful smile on his lips. Chaerin pressed her lips then, slowly nodding her head. “Okay then, let’s go to the playground tomorrow.”

“YAY! Yong Soo, Ari! Tomorrow we’re going to playground!” Yong Jae shouted excitedly, half running from the kitchen to somewhere else in the house, probably wanting to tell the happy news towards his other siblings. Chaerin could only smile a little before let out a small sigh.

What a coincidence. Did h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter