♤ 46 - Capítulo Cuarenta Y Seis

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Rania quickly stood up when she saw a familiar figure walking closer towards the office department, her hand picked up the notebook that she usually carries where ever she went, almost half running to the glass door located right in front of the long table at the front space of the department.

“Good morning, sir.” Rania politely greeted him, a soft smile displayed on her lips.

Jiyong nodded his head a bit before continued to walk towards his office room followed by his secretary behind him, trying to keep up with his fast pace.

“So, what’s my schedule for today?” Jiyong asked as he entered his office room, knowing too well that there would be a pile of works waiting for him to settle since he’s been away almost two weeks; one whole week for his honeymoon with his beloved wife, Chaerin and the other for his outstation work.

Rania flipped few pages of the notebook that she was holding, standing at a corner in Jiyong’s office.

“For today, you have two meetings in the morning and one in the evening. The first meeting will be right at nine in the morning which mean you only have twenty minutes left before it starts. And also, Mr. Clark dropped a message last two days, asking about the shipping agreement in India. He said that there’s a little problem about the contract agreement and he wants to talk to you as soon as possible. And one more thing, you need to attend the board meeting for our company branch in Jeju Island since they have few suggestions and opinions to tell.” Rania was feeling out of breath as she finished reading Jiyong’s schedule for today.

“That’s it?” Jiyong asked, flickering his eyes towards Rania.

Rania nodded her head, smiling at Jiyong then. “Well, thanks for that, Rania. You can go now.” Jiyong told then, not looking at his secretary.

Just about Rania was about to get out from the office, Jiyong suddenly spoke again making her turned to look at her boss. “Do I have any appointment during lunch hour?” he asked. Rania shook her head, looking at Jiyong while waiting for him to inform her anything. “Okay then, just want to confirm.” Jiyong said in low voice, thanking Rania then.

“Oh, sir?” Jiyong glanced at Rania, raising his eyebrows. “Welcome back from your honeymoon.” Rania said, chuckling lightly when she said those words before made her way out from Jiyong’s office. Jiyong could only smile, shaking his head lightly before washing away the thoughts, wanting to focus on his works now.

 

 

Chaerin could only closed her eyes and shook her head embarrassingly when her friend, Gyeoul screamed with excitement after receiving some souvenirs that Chaerin bought for her.

“Oh God, Chaerin! Thank you so much! I can’t believe you went to Greece! How cool is that?” Gyeoul said brightly, showing her wide smile.

A small chuckle escaped from Chaerin’s mouth then. “I hope you like it. I bought it at a big market in Greece.” Chaerin explained, walking with Gyeoul along the corridor. Both of them had just finished their class few minutes ago and heading to the college cafeteria at the moment.

“So, how’s your vacation trip? I still can’t believe that you went to Greece!” Gyeoul murmured, taking a seat right in front of Chaerin, placing her tray on the table in the cafeteria. She bought a bottle of carbonate drink and also a set of meatloaf with mushroom soup while Chaerin just bought a glass of green tea and also some ham sandwiches. She did not want to eat lot right now since she’s going to have lunch with Jiyong later on. With her studies going to end soon, her schedule becoming more pack due to lot of works that she needed to get done and not to mention the final project. Thank God, the dateline for the final project got pushed back which mean that they have extra time to work on their project.

“Well, everything’s good. I have a great time in Greece.” Chaerin muttered, sipping her green tea drink.

“How yours? I bet you also have a good time right?” Chaerin turned the topic by asking her friend question. To be truth, she actually afraid that Gyeoul might asked her about something that is unexpected which she probably not know what to answer later. Sometimes, Gyeoul could be so unpredictable.

Gyeoul took some time to answer Chaerin’s question, chewing her meatloaf in before swallowing it then. “Yeah, I also have a great time. I even worked part time at a bookstore! Although it may be tiring but well, the salary is worth for it. So, why not, right?” Gyeoul replied, having another bite of her meatloaf.

Chaerin chuckled then, nodding her head. “So, have you start sending your resume to companies?” Gyeoul asked Chaerin minutes later, looking at her friend under her lashes.

“What? Don’t give me that ‘oh, you’re already start doing it because I’m still not’ look. We’re going to graduate less than what; a year, right?” Gyeoul stated, finishing her last spoon of mushroom soup, her lips right after that.

“Humm, I didn’t realize that we’re almost finish our studies, huh? Wow. Time surely fly so fast than I thought.” Chaerin mumbled quietly, smiling at Gyeoul then. “Right? I just can’t believe that we’re almost completing our studies and after this, we can work! How great!” she excitedly saying, flashing her teeth towards Chaerin.

“I’m still not sure about my decision after graduating. Have you already decide what you want to do?” Chaerin asked Gyeoul then, wanting to know. “I’ve already sent my resumes to few companies which I don’t know whether they going to take me or not. If not, I just figure out what to do with my life. I’m not just going to sit and do nothing even if no company wants me.” she jokingly said while making an expression that made Chaerin let out a small laugh. “I’m sure you will get a job after graduate. You’re smart, confident and mature thinking. Who doesn’t want a worker like you?” Chaerin stated the truth, proud with her friend.

Gyeoul playfully rolled her eyes, a bit blush with Chaerin’s compliment words just now. “Yeah, right, Chaerin. Come on, we’re going to be late for our next class.” Gyeoul said, already picking up her tray.

Chaerin smiled then, looking at her friend. “Oh yeah, late for our class which going to start an hour from now. Seriously?” Chaerin raised one of her eyebrows, a playful grin plastered on her face. Gyeoul shook her head before went away to put her tray, chuckling by herself.

 

 

“What do you mean by that, oppa?” Chaerin glanced at Jiyong who also took a seat next to her, pulling her closer towards him, her head leaning against Jiyong’s chest.

Jiyong looked at Chaerin, smiling at her then. “What I mean, sweetheart, is that I want you to be my company for the event. Don’t you remember what I’ve told you before? I want to introduce you as my wife to the world, right? So, I think this is the right moment to do that. Besides, how long do I have to keep you from the eyes of the world? Sooner or later, they will figure it out anyway.” Jiyong murmured, softly kissing Chaerin’s head, patting her head with his hand.

“But, oppa… I don’t know what to do during the event. I might be a distraction for you during the event.” Chaerin muttered quietly, feeling worried already.

A soft chuckle escaped from Jiyong’s mouth then. “Sweetheart, how can you say that you’re such a distraction to me? You always a distraction for me, good or bad, I always like it. Please, sweetheart? Don’t worry, I won’t let you all alone that night. You will have my words, my lady.” Jiyong promised, gently placed a kiss on Chaerin’s knuckle, gazing at his wife lovingly.

Chaerin pursed her lips, thinking. Of course she’s happy about this. But, she also afraid that she might be like a stranger in the event that night. She’s not a business person for God’s sake. She did not even know what to wear or speak the way a business person does. She might know about business a bit thanks to her father before this but that did not mean she entirely know the whole of it.

What if she does something inappropriate during the event? She would definitely embarrass Jiyong to death with her behavior. She could be in that kind of panic state whenever she feels nervous. And that would probably be the last thing that Chaerin event wants to happen.

“Sweetheart, you’ll be fine. Besides, I think this is the perfect timing for us to tell the world about our status. Yeah, of course, there’s already few that know about us but still, not everyone right? This event will be attended mostly by important people in this business industry. That’s why I want you to be there with me. I want to introduce you as my wife, officially.” Jiyong spoke, explaining his reason to his wife.

“But, I’m afraid that I’m not going to fit in with all those people. I may be the daughter of a businessman but that doesn’t mean, I have the same mind like them.” Chaerin replied back, looking at Jiyong with her sympathy look, trying to persuade Jiyong.

Jiyong shook his head, staring deeply into his wife’s pair of eyes. “I know that, sweetheart. But trust me, will you? You do trust me, right?” Chaerin lightly nodded her head, smiling a small smile towards her husband. “Then, just forget about everything. I will be there with you, sweetheart. Believe me, I will never let you alone at the event.” Jiyong softly murmured, convincing his wife.

Chaerin chuckled then, raising both of her eyebrows. “Even if I want to go to the ladies room?” she asked, a playful grin displayed on her face. Jiyong laughed then, tightening his arms around Chaerin, hugging his beloved wife. “If you want me to stand by the door, then I’ll be honor to do that, my lady.” he replied jokingly which earned a small slap on his cheek from Chaerin.

 

 

Soohyuk let out a sigh, rolling his eyes then. “Come on, bro. I know that you won’t disappoint me.” he heard the person on the other line saying.

“Why me actually? You know I’m not fit in with all of these. I’m a lecturer in case if you forget about that.” Soohyuk replied, shaking his head then.

The person on the other line chuckled lightly. “Yeah, I know that. But, you’re my friend and a friend won’t let his friend down, right? Look, all you have to do is just come with me. It’s not like I ask you to bring a date along with you. Simple, right?”

Soohyuk scoffed right away, throwing his view through the window from his room. “Fine. I will help you but if you do this again in the future, I’m not going to. Got it?” Soohyuk muttered after few minutes of thinking. Whatever it is, he still needed to help his friend. Like his friend told just now, it just a simple thing to do.

“Cool, bro! I’ll drive to your house and pick you up around seven, okay?” Soohyuk just replied with a simple yes before hanging up his phone, ending the conversation between him and his friend. He closed his eyes, sighing again. His eyes darted to the clock hanging at a corner of the wall in his room, telling him that there would be less than three hours for him to get dress.

Soohyuk made his way to the closet, thinking what should he be wearing for tonight.

 

 

The woman that was waiting alone in the living room could only gasped in amazement, seeing for the first time with her own eyes of the well-made, modern luxury yet simple look of this big bungalow. Before this, she never have a chance to take a look at the new house that her boss has been living for almost a while now if she’s not mistaken.

Even before this, Rania had only got two or three chances to take a look at Jiyong’s living place. That’s also because of some works that she needed to hand to Jiyong after the office hour since he asked her to bring it to his condominium before this. If not, she probably did not have any idea how luxury Jiyong’s condominium would look like. Rania possibly had to spend half of her lifetime just to get a living place like her own boss.

It already passed ten minutes since her arrival here at Jiyong’s new house, where he had moved in with his wife before this, after their marriage of course. Once again, Rania could only dream in her life to have this kind of house in her life.

“I’m really sorry for making you wait long. I didn’t realize that I’ve taking a lot of time.” A soft voice made Rania’s thoughts washed away immediately, her face turned to look at the owner of the voice.

Who else if it’s not her boss’s wife, Kwon Chaerin.

Just liked before, Rania was stunned by the figure that approaching closer towards her. The young woman was dressed in a mint green color dress; a sharp jewel cut on the upper dress with light color lace covering the rest of her upper body till the lower part of her elbow, the A-line designed dress seem to be suited on the young woman’s body perfectly, as if the dress is meant for her. Her raven black hair was styled into half updo, few hair strands loosely fall at each side of her face. Rania could not deny that she actually fall for the charm that shown by this young woman in front of her.

“I’m really sorry for making you wait long.” Chaerin spoke in polite way, feeling a bit guilty at the person stood opposite to her.

Rania shook her head, flashing her smile then. “That’s okay, ma’am. It’s my job to wait for you and bring you to the event anyway.” She replied casually, still a smile on her lips. Chaerin let out a soft chuckle, looking at Rania. “You don’t have to be so formal with me. Just drop the formality because it makes me feel weird. Plus, I’m younger than you, so just presume me like I’m your younger sister.” Chaerin said, trying to make the woman in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter