♤ 40 - Capítulo De Cuarenta

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong thanked his secretary, Rania for confirming him about the upcoming schedule this week. He was facing the glass window, viewing the night view of the big city. Seconds then, Jiyong then went back to the bedroom, entering the room only to find Chaerin wasn’t there in the room.

He wrinkled his forehead, feeling weird. If he’s not mistaken, when he went out few minutes ago to make a phone call to Rania, Chaerin was still in their bedroom, casually lying on the couch while watching a cooking show that was airing on the television at that time.

“Sweetheart?” Jiyong called, closing the bedroom door behind.

He quietly walked down to downstairs, suddenly noticing the lights in the kitchen were currently on. Jiyong then made his way to the kitchen, was about to switch off the lamps when he realized that Chaerin was in the kitchen, her body was leaning against the kitchen counter. Her expression looked like in a deep of thinking, did not even realize Jiyong presence in the kitchen at all.

“Sweetheart? Are you okay?”

Chaerin let out a loud gasp, feeling completely surprised when she heard a sudden voice talking to her. Jiyong threw a small smile towards Chaerin, looking at his wife at the moment. “Oppa. What you’re doing here? I thought you already going to sleep.” Chaerin murmured quietly, putting the glass that she used to drink just now on the drying rack.

Jiyong shook his head before opened his mouth to speak. “Well, I am going to sleep but then I noticed that my wife isn’t in the room. So, I went to find her because I couldn’t sleep without her by my side.” He answered back making Chaerin let out a small laugh.

“Wow, so cheesy, oppa.” She replied back, poking both Jiyong’s cheek then.

Chaerin was about to walk away when she felt Jiyong pulled her back, staring at her. “What are you thinking about, sweetheart? Is there anything wrong?” Jiyong asked with a serious voice, trying to know what actually happening.

Ever since the day both of them went to the amusement park before to have their date together; Jiyong noticed there’s something wrong with his wife. He’s not that stupid to fool around. Yeah, people might say that both of them just probably started to get to know with each other but truthfully, Jiyong actually could know well about his wife despite the short period of time.

“Why do you ask me that question, oppa? Do I look like I’m not okay?” Chaerin asked back, trying to smile properly.

Jiyong shook his head, crossing his arms on his chest, leaning against the kitchen counter then. “Chaerin, if there’s anything that bothers you; you need to speak. Tell me about it. I know something is wrong, that’s why I ask you. If not, I won’t be doing that. Now tell me, what is exactly wrong? Is there something happen that I do not know? Or anything that you want to tell me but you afraid to?” Jiyong gave a long speech, also almost like a warning towards his wife.

Chaerin gulped, feeling like a timid person now. Whenever Jiyong being serious, Chaerin could not deny that she actually feels scared and nervous. When Jiyong’s in his serious mode, it’s totally no joke, people!

“I notice that since the time we got back from the amusement park, you’re like dozing off to somewhere. Like you’re thinking something deep, something that is always playing in your mind. Can you tell me what it is? Because I don’t want you go to the college tomorrow with your mind being occupied like this.” Jiyong added more, his voice a bit low this time.

Chaerin looked at Jiyong who was looking at her like an officer guarding a criminal or something. She pressed her lips together, not knowing what to say. “Oppa, there’s nothing wrong with me. I’m totally fine. Maybe you’re the one who think about me that way.” Chaerin spoke few minutes later, trying to convince her husband.

Jiyong let out a laugh, almost like a mocking one. “Oh, really? Kwon Chaerin, our marriage may be in a short period of time but that didn’t mean I do not know about you. Inside and out, everything about you I’ve already familiar. I know when you’re thinking of something or probably try to hide something from me. You think I don’t know that?” Jiyong said, looking at Chaerin with stern expression.

“But oppa, I’m also serious. There’s nothing for you to worry about me. I’m fine for God’s sake!” Chaerin told in high voice now, almost like yelling. “You know what, oppa? I really don’t want to fight with you now. Tomorrow both of us have our own thing to do; you with your company and work while me with my study. So please, just stop messing with my head! God!”

Chaerin did not even realize what she saying or behaving. Glaring at Jiyong, Chaerin let out a big sigh, walking away from the kitchen, heading towards upstairs then, getting ready to sleep. Jiyong only watched his wife with his eyes, shaking his head then.

Because I’m so worry about you, sweetheart. That’s why I’m doing this. Why don’t you know that? He silently thought in his mind, also sighing.

 

 

That morning, on their way to Chaerin’s college; neither Chaerin nor Jiyong utter a word. Both of them preferred to keep their mouth, letting the DJ’s voice in the radio filled up the silent atmosphere between both of them.

“I’ll pick you up probably almost to six. If there’s anything, just inform me then.”

“Okay, oppa.” Chaerin quietly replied, giving a very quick kiss on Jiyong’s cheek; a routine that she always do before she went out from the car and walk into the college area. After bidding her goodbyes towards Jiyong, Chaerin silently watched the car drove away, disappearing from her sight before walking into the college area then.

The first thing that Chaerin would like to do probably find her friend, Gyeoul. There’s something really important that she needed to settle between both of them. Chaerin went to the cafeteria first to buy something for her to eat later on before moving to the place where Gyeoul and she always hangout together.

As predicted, Chaerin found Gyeoul was sitting at a bench, reading an English novel while in the meantime listening to the music. Feeling butterflies in her stomach, Chaerin courage herself to approach her friend, hoping that everything going to be well. Hopefully.

“Hi, Gyeoul.” She firstly greeted, throwing a sweet yet nervous smile towards her friend.

Gyeoul looked up from the book that she was currently reading, nodding her head as a respond before continued back where she left out seconds ago. Chaerin let out a deep breath, biting her lips nervously before taking a seat opposite with her friend then.

“So, when did you arrive? What are you reading, huh?” Chaerin tried to make a small talk with Gyeoul although she seriously felt awkward right now. So awkward that she felt like wanted to hide her face from facing her friend at this moment.

“Fifteen minutes ago. Probably around eight. Not so early right?” Gyeoul responded then, smiling a little bit. Chaerin shook her head, agreed with her friend also. Their first class for today going to start at 9o’clock so yeah, they still have some time before the class starts.

It was a short silence after that. Chaerin did not know what to say, her inner side feeling completely guilty and somehow nerve wrecking. To be honest, she also could not know why she did not just tell what actually happen and everything will be okay. Perhaps. If only that time did not happen, surely Chaerin won’t be facing this situation right now.

But still, somehow Chaerin knew that someday she will also facing this situation and probably be prepared by that time. Unlike right now, she mentally and physically not prepare and the worst was that she also could not believe it was this fast.

“Gyeoul.”

Gyeoul glanced towards Chaerin then, raising one of her eyebrows. “Yeah?” she responded, taking off one her headphones, putting it around her neck.

Chaerin stared at her friend in front of her long, pursing her lips at the same time. Taking a deep breath, Chaerin started to speak then. “You saw it, don’t you?” Chaerin asked, looking at Gyeoul with a meaningful look.

Gyeoul smiled a small smile, shrugging. “Well, if you want me to act like I didn’t, I don’t have problem with that. It’s your right after all.” She simply replied, her eyes looking away then, wondered around the area, not looking at Chaerin.

“Gyeoul, look. It’s not like what you think. I can explain about the real thing.” Chaerin said hopefully, looking at her friend.

Gyeoul tried to smile. “Chaerin, you don’t need to if you don’t too. I get it, okay? Liked I say, it’s your right. Your privacy. I can’t force you if you don’t want. Don’t worry about me.” Gyeoul muttered, pretending to read her book again. If possible, both of them did not want to talk about this but they also knew that they need to make this thing between them clear.

“I’m sorry that I hide about the real me from you. It’s not like I intend to do that, but I have to because… Well, because I have to.” Chaerin quietly said, her face looked gloom. “And I don’t know if you can forgive me or not for lying to you but trust me, I don’t mean to do that. Honestly, I feel relief but at the same time I feel guilty because the lies that I’ve been living before in front of you. Sorry, Gyeoul. I’m really sorry.” Chaerin sincerely apologized, looking at Gyeoul with hopeful eyes.

Gyeoul stared at Chaerin long, letting out a small sigh before opened to speak then. “You don’t have to feel that way, you know. Yeah, maybe it’s your fault but you also have right to do that. It’s your decision and your own life. I’m not a person who can control people; telling them what to do or anything like that. So yeah, just forget abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter