♤ 48 - Capítulo Cuarenta Y Ocho

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

I felt a bit mad with myself because I could not even open my eyes clearly, the energy inside my body already gone away at this moment. I could feel the warm breath coming in and out from my mouth, one of my hands resting on my forehead, feeling the very warmth heat inside my body.

To be honest, I could not believe myself that right now I’m having a fever. I did not even remember the last time I fall sick; probably ages ago since I’m hardly to fell sick but once I do, it gets to the worst level ever. I did not notice it first but I’ve already sensed something was wrong with my body since yesterday because I started to sweat like hell and could not eat properly at all.

Every time I tried to swallow some food, I would immediately threw up the food because of the nausea that I felt at the moment. And when I learned the fact that I’m having a fever, I could just groaned; knowing too well that this sickness would affect me for a period of time and I seriously hate it.

As I was trying to close my eyes, wanting to sleep which a bit hard because of the uncomfortable feeling that I felt at the moment; I felt a cold hand placed directly on my forehead, a small smile appeared on my lips as I knew who was it. Even with the slightest touch from her, I did not have to think twice who was the person that put her hand on my forehead right now.

“Sweetheart.” I mumbled quietly, surprised to hear that voice was actually mine; deep and hoarse one.

“Shh... Just rest, okay?” I heard she softly murmured, her hand tenderly caressed my cheek and also my hair as if she was taking care something fragile, so careful but full of tenderness.

I nodded my head slowly, drifting myself back to the dreamland, my head was arching badly that I could not even stand at this moment if I was asked to. “I’ll wake you up later to eat the medicine again, okay?” I hummed in respond, my energy was all out and what I needed the most right now was to have a long sleep. I felt a soft kiss brushed against my cheek before few seconds later the door been closed quietly.

Slowly, I was pulled into another world called dreamland, at the same time hoping that everything will be much better when I woke up soon.

 

 

“Oppa, you need to eat more. You look so pale and your body condition is weak right now. Please?” I heard Chaerin softly saying, looking at me with that tender look.

She was feeding me some abalone porridge that she cooked just now along with some seaweed soup for me that night. Since I’m having a fever, I could not easily eat anything due to my overly sensitive throat and with my appetite did not get along with, it just made thing became worst.

Chaerin tried to feed me another spoon of the porridge and without no choice, I had to force myself to eat the porridge, hardly swallowing it even only for a small portion. Few seconds then, as I already expected, I had to vomit back the thing that I ate just now, feeling very sorry towards my wife who had to deal with all of this things. Luckily, Chaerin was quick enough; she might probably knew that I’m going to vomit back the thing I ate and that’s must be the reason why she brought along a box of tissue.

“God, sweetheart. I’m really sorry for this.” I weakly muttered, closing my eyes while leaning against the headboard of the bed.

Chaerin’s lips curved then, forming a small, gentle smile. “You don’t need to apologize, oppa. I’m your wife, of course it is my responsible to look after you especially time like this. In sickness and health, remember?” she reminded me back the vows that we both exchanged back then when both of us were officially married to each other. How could I ever forget that beautiful, memorial day in my life?

“Can you eat more? Or you just want to drink some water?” Chaerin asked later then, looking at me and at the same time, wiping my mouth that probably had some stain from the feeding porridge before. I shook my head slowly, taking a deep breath. “I just need some rest, sweetheart.” I replied, holding her hands in mine, feeling the difference of heat between our hands.

“Well, if you said so. Are you sure you don’t want to eat more, oppa?” she asked again to make sure, smiling at me sweetly. I nodded quietly then, enough to answer her question without having to use my voice. “Okay then. Before I go to the kitchen, let me prepare you for bed first.” she murmured before standing up, placing the tray that she brought just now at the night stand beside the bed.

Liked before, I lie down again on the bed, feeling my body was shivering as if I felt very cold despite the heat raising up in my body. Chaerin pulled the thick comforter up till it covered every part of my body except for my face and a part of my nape. Bending down, she placed a soft, quick kiss on my forehead then. “Night, oppa. I love you.” she said quietly, loud enough for me to hear her words before she took the tray with her, walking out from the room, did not forget to switch off the lamp also on her way out.

My lips formed a thin curved line, feeling very grateful to have Chaerin as my wife. Somehow, what happened to me right now made me reminded to the time where Chaerin also fall sick before and being the person who always busy with my own work, it kind of new thing for me since it was the first time I ever took care of a sick person in my life. Usually, if I fall sick before, my mother was the one who will take care of me even though sometimes my older sister kind of being such a busybody by disturbing me when I got sick.

Trust me, all of that surely left me with unspoken memories that I could never get even if I ever trade it with anything else. Well, that’s what we called memories, isn’t it?

 

 

Three days already passed since the first day I got a fever and today was the fourth one. When I woke up, my eyes greeted with the lighted room, only the sunlight rays from the glass windows that managed to go through from the small spots from the hidden underneath of the curtains.

At least now I felt much better and my head felt light head compared to those past three days where I could not even lift my head for more than few minutes or else I might end up throwing up. I glanced at the small, square shaped clock on the night stand along with a glass of water and few medicines that Chaerin probably prepared for me earlier before she went to college today. It was quarter past eleven and I realized that my body was drenched with sweat covering all over my body.

Slowly, I climbed down from the bed, sitting on the bed first before I hardly tried to balance myself; taking the few weak steps towards the bathroom then. I needed to get myself clean first since I’ve already felt uncomfortable with sweats that drenched my body and not to mention the clothes that I wore since last night. First thing that I did was washing my face with cold water few times before brushing my teeth then.

I’ve once heard from my mother telling me that when you got  a fever, another way to cool down the heat in your body is by showering with cold water although I did not know whether it is true or not but when I had a fever once before, it worked for me though. So, maybe this time I just got myself into the same trick. As I felt the cold water running all over my body, I let out a relief sigh, feeling all freshen up again.

God, this is so heaven.

After done taking shower, I dried myself with the towel first before wrapped it from the waist till the lower part of my body. Still, I felt like my head throbbing inside and it kind of making me uncomfortable and wanted to lie down again on the bed but I did not want to pamper myself too much. Besides, I think that I’m probably strong enough to walk now. I wore myself a simple attire; a beige color loose trousers with a round neck cotton shirt, light yellow in color.

Since last few days I did not eat that much, I felt myself hungry at the moment and knew that I have to eat something in order to gain back my energy. Closing the door room behind me, I walked myself slowly towards the kitchen, perhaps to find something to eat while waiting Chaerin gets back from her college which would be few hours from now. When I walked into the kitchen, my eyes widen as I saw someone that I’m very familiar with in the kitchen also, her back was facing against me.

“Sweetheart?! What you’re doing in the kitchen? Aren’t you supposed to be at college right now?” I asked her, could not hide my surprise in my voice.

Chaerin turned around; she was holding a small spoon in her hand and was tasting something that she currently cooked at that moment. “Oh, oppa! You already awake? And look at you, you already can walk!” she said cheerfully, giving me that wide smile, did not even bother to answer my question at all.

I was frowning by the time I found myself approaching closer towards her, standing next to her then, looking at the thing that she was cooking. I assumed she was making a porridge and based on the smell, it looked like a chicken porridge this time. Is it a must for every people who fell sick have to eat porridge?

“Sweetheart.” I called her softly, looking at her with confusion on my face.

She let out a small sigh then, shrugging herself before opened to speak then. “Yes, oppa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter