♤ 24 - Capítulo Veinticuatro

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Chaerin, dear, you don’t need to do this. I think you should dress up now or you’ll be late for the New Year Eve festival.” Jiyong’s grandmother soft voice saying, preventing Chaerin from helping her doing the cleaning.

All three of them, Jiyong, Chaerin along Jiyong’s grandmother just finished their dinner minutes ago with Chaerin decided to help Jiyong’s grandmother doing the cleaning and everything. Actually, she had her own reason why she’s doing that; avoiding her own husband of course.

Both of them, Jiyong neither Chaerin, never did talk to each other which eventually increased the suspicious from Jiyong’s grandmother due to the fact that both of them usually talk towards each other. Plus, Jiyong always like to tease his wife in front of his grandmother. Chaerin might think that her husband only did that because wanting to cover up the ‘act’ and awkward feeling between both of them.

“That’s okay, halmeoni. Surely, it’s not polite leaving you all alone doing this work, right?” Chaerin replied, patiently wiping the small rectangular table that all of them used before which can fit four people at one time. Jiyong’s grandmother could only shake her head, letting her grandson’s wife doing her job.

Jiyong on the other side already went into his room that was shared with Chaerin, changing his night outfit to something more casual but still in informal way. He wore his Levi’s V-neck shirt that has red black stripes pattern on it along with his dark blue skinny jeans. Jiyong looked at his reflection that reflected from the oval shaped mirror hanging at the wall in front of him, his hand giving a little touch to his dark brown-red colored hair.

Feeling satisfied with his appearance that night, Jiyong was about to head to the kitchen when a soft knock was heard on the front door of his grandmother house.

Are we expecting visitor tonight? Jiyong silently thought, his legs already made it way towards the front door.

If God’s will, the person that standing in front of his grandmother house right now will be the last ever person that he going to meet at this time. Jiyong could not hide his surprise, looking at the young girl; who else if it wasn’t his little crush, Yunee wearing simple pink strapless tight top with pitch-dark brown cardigan on top of it matched with her loose sized blue shorts.

“Anyeong, oppa!” Yunee brightly greeted the man that she has been falling since when, she could not answer that question.

Jiyong’s lips slowly crept into a small smile, opening the front door wider, giving Yunee some space to walk inside the house.

“What you’re doing here, Yunee?” asked Jiyong, probably knowing the girl intention based on her outfits at that moment.

Yunee smiled happily then. “Of course, inviting you to join me to the New Year Eve festival! Don’t tell me that you forget about this event?” Yunee said, her tone sounded playful that time.

Chaerin together with Jiyong’s grandmother who heard the noises coming from the front area walked into the living room, finding Jiyong and Yunee standing across each other, talking of course. Jiyong immediately noticed the change look on his wife face but quickly cover with a slight of smile then.

“Halmeoni!” Yunee greeted Jiyong’s grandmother, showing some manners by hugging the old-aged woman then.

A smile formed on Jiyong’s grandmother lips, asking what make Yunee came here anyway. “Halmeoni, can you let me or tell Jiyong oppa to join me to the New Year Eve festival? Please? It’s been a time since I last hanging out with oppa. Right, oppa?” Yunee turned to glance at Jiyong.

Jiyong could only smile, his eyes fixed on Chaerin, watching her movements all the time.

“Why not? You can join Jiyong and Chaerin together. Both of them also going to the festival actually.” Jiyong’s grandmother replied softly.

“Err, I don’t think I’m going to the festival, halmeoni.” Chaerin quietly muttered, ignoring the surprise expression plastered on her husband face. Jiyong’s grandmother frowned, her face wrinkling. “Why not, dear? You should probably go, it will be fun.” Assured Jiyong’s grandmother, smiling sweetly at Chaerin.

Chaerin pressed her lips together, forcing her brain to think some excuses which can make her out from going to the festival. She already not in the mood to go when seeing the sight of Yunee that apparently standing by her husband side closer now.

“I-I… I’m just not feeling to go. In fact, I don’t think my condition allow me to go to that crowd place right now since my body doesn’t feel so good.” Chaerin blurted out, hoping that Jiyong’s grandmother will believe in her. Who cares about her husband that currently looking at her with unreadable expression. Almost like furious with what she doing right now.

Jiyong’s grandmother nodded her head. “Hmm, if you said so then don’t force yourself okay? I don’t want your condition become worse.” Chaerin just smiled, nodding her head then.

Yunee already cheering in her heart, feeling like luck playing along with her tonight! With Jiyong’s wife no longer around, she could spend more quality times with her beloved person. She really not is going to miss out this golden chance!

“So, oppa… I think it just both of us then. You ready to go?” Yunee glanced at Jiyong, the man beside her wasn’t paying attention at what she was saying but instead staring at the woman that Yunee thought as her rival. If it wasn’t her, Jiyong probably going to be hers. When she already grown up and becoming a woman in his eyes, of course.

Jiyong took a minute before answering Yunee. “Sure. Why not?”

Now, it was Chaerin’s turn to be surprised. Her lips frowned, her face becoming red, showing how sick and pain she felt at that time. How dare him! Chaerin snarled, a big sigh coming out from . She shook her head in disbelief, feeling frustrated starting to build inside her, Chaerin left the place right away, not even care if that could be seen as rude one.

Jiyong’s grandmother bid her goodbye towards Jiyong and Yunee, eyeing both of them walking side by side along the dim-light road, heading towards the festival place which held at the center of the village. Closing the front door, Jiyong’s grandmother slowly made her way towards somewhere, pushing the wooden door softly, her lips formed a smile then.

As expected, though.

“My dear, what you’re doing all alone in the dark?” Jiyong’s grandmother soft voice greeted Chaerin in the room filled with darkness. Chaerin stunned by the sudden presence of Jiyong’s grandmother, quickly wiping the leftover tears rolled on her cheeks seconds ago.

Chaerin tried to talk but her voice could not sound since she was too immersed on thinking what Jiyong and Yunee probably doing right now. That two people seriously getting her nerves!

“Err, nothing, halmeoni… I’m just trying to get some rest, not feeling well, remember?” Chaerin softly talked, her eyes fixed on Jiyong’s grandmother who just the light and already sitting in front of her then.

Jiyong’s grandmother smiled, knowing that the lass in front of her were lying. She may be old when it comes to this thing but she already had experienced once in her life, with her beloved husband who already no longer in this world but always remain deep in her heart.

“I know you actually feeling well. It just an excuse for you to make up, right, dear?” Chaerin stared at the old-aged woman in front of her, blinking her eyes in shock.

“How-but, how did…” she trailed off, her forehead creased.

Jiyong’s grandmother patted Chaerin’s shoulder softly making Chaerin shuddered and melted under the touch that she felt like her mother always did to her when she in sad or down state.

“I’ve live before you, my child. I know what you feel right now, I also been in your place before. I saw what your eyes reflect when you looked at Jiyong and Yunee. Believe me, Chaerin, it’s not like what you think about. I know my grandson more than anyone.”

“He may be close to someone but that do not mean he have anything special with that person. Besides, I think he already knew his boundary with anyone especially women since he’s a married person. Why would he do what you think he might do when he’s actually not?” Jiyong’s grandmother paused. “Trust me, Jiyong is not that kind of person. You should be lucky with yourself because you have him as a part in your life, dear. I know that he can be sometimes a little bit dazed off but still, he can take care of you as long as you let him. I guarantee that.” Chaerin sniffed, her face looked gloomy.

Chaerin looked up when Jiyong’s grandmother pulled her chin up, their face meeting with each other.

“Fix thing now before it’s too late to do that. You still have time and chance.” She continued, hoping that the young lady in front of her would understand the deep meaning behind those words that she uttered just now.

A small sigh escaped from Chaerin’s mouth. No way am I letting myself lose to that young girl! I’m his wife after all!

 

 

It won’t be called as festival if there were not a sea of people flooding around the festival area, right? Even the village just a small one but still the festival was rousing loudly with music that echoing throughout the whole place, few sellers fighting with each other, their voices reverberate at the place, trying to attract visitors to buy their products that night.

Yunee was smiling happily, enjoying every second tick from the time she stepped herself to the festival. Her eyes glanced towards Jiyong who was walking along beside her. The bright smile that plastered on her thin lips before been replaced by a frown, her face wrinkled then.

“What’s wrong oppa? You looked distracted.” Yunee softly spoke.

Jiyong smiled at the young girl as a reply. “Nothing. Just looking through the festival, that’s all.” He quietly mumbled, not feeling to talk much tonight. Jiyong could not understand why Chaerin acted that way before. For him, although his wife being angry with him, he still thought that his wife was crossing the line, acting all rude and childish for him.

He knew why Chaerin behaved liked that. He knew it too deeply. Jiyong did not know what to do more. It seem like his wife did not even want to believe him or at least give him some space so that he can enter his wife life. A little piece is already enough for him.

Why it so hard for both of them to work thing together? Why Chaerin made things more complicated that sometimes Jiyong could not find the way out to solve the problem knot. Not knowing how to end this continuing war happened between them almost all the time. He actually tired, tired to fight with his wife. Jiyong no longer wanted to do this anymore, he also wanted to have the beautiful life like other married couple, wanting to feel the feeling of enjoy and beauty being as a married person.

But, with situation liked this, Jiyong not guarantee if he even could reach the taste of the sweetness living as married couple. He did not know what the problem and wrong between them actually. Plus, he exhausted of having fight with his wife. He did not like it, even hate it honestly. Fighting mouth with his wife, crying and whatever it is, Jiyong wanted to push all of that away, throwing out from his life. Such a nuisance all of that!

“Oppa, why don’t we try to play some games? It will be fun though!” Yunee suggested, purposely placed her arms around Jiyong’s arm, pulling him towards some games section at the festival.

Jiyong pulled back his arm from Yunee’s grip, feeling airless now. He shouldn’t agree to go with Yunee to the festival at the first place. Well, it may sound bad but sometimes we need to become evil in order to let something go. That’s life goes somehow. It’s a matter of fact! Live or die, you have to go through with the rules that been set.

“Yunee.” Yunee turned her head, looking at Jiyong who was calling for her.

“I don’t have mood or feeling to play right now. Look, actually I’m thinking of going home.” Jiyong murmured, staring at the young girl in front of him. Yunee was in a deep silence, taken aback by what Jiyong told her just now.

Her lips frowned, feeling unsatisfied later on. “But, why? Why you want to go home when you can enjoy yourself here, oppa? You can release your tension

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter