♤ 23 - Capítulo Veintitrés

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Her eyes darted to the small, round clock hanging on the wall above the refrigerator.

It’s getting late already. Aren’t those two people should be home right now? It will be a trouble if both of them catch in a rain later. Jiyong’s grandmother thought.

She noticed the dark, cloudy sky on her way getting home. It such a surprise that both her grandson and his wife still not home yet when the time she reached there. Jiyong’s grandmother wondered what both of them are doing at this moment since taking a tour around the whole village shouldn’t be this long though.

 

 

Chaerin could felt the nervous feeling growing each step that she taken along the narrow, long dusty lane. She seriously had no idea where she heading to right now, could only see the wide, green view of paddy fields laid beneath in front of her.

It was an awkward silence that she felt since the time both of them left the grocery shop earlier. Her eyes flicked towards the figure walking slowly in front of her. Not even a word escaped from his mouth since they left the shop area while ago. Chaerin rubbed the hollow base of her neck, pressing her lips together.

Is he really that angry with me? He never did something like this before, though. Am I going to far this time? Chaerin quietly thinking, looking down at the footsteps that she’s taking at that moment. Maybe it’s true that she probably went too far this time. Jiyong was right. Why would she be furious out of blue when there’s nothing that could make her being like that? And what the worst, her husband was the one that had to accept her unknowing angriness. What a bad wife she is…

If Chaerin thought back about what she had been through in her marriage with Jiyong that already few months, she realized now that Jiyong never did once sulk towards her. It always her, the one that brings problem into their relationship, the one that acting so stupid and sometimes childish. Well, that could explains why her parent married her with someone that is six years older than her. She’s still immature and childish while her husband is far apart difference and opposite comparing to her.

Remembering back what had happened earlier, Chaerin actually don’t know why she should scold Jiyong for what she seen before. It’s not like he had done something wrong yet she just attacked her liked he did something that hurt her and left him hanging, not knowing what the real reason she’s acting like that.

“Are you jealous?” Jiyong’s question rang in her mind.

Jealous? Is she? She don’t even know if she actually jealous towards her husband. But, if it’s not jealous, then what is the feeling that felt like burning and wanting to shoo the young girl, Yunee when that young girl annoyingly went to sit by her husband side? Or when she was talking so happily and cheerfully with her husband? Is that also counted as jealousy? Chaerin bites her lips, sighing then.

This is wrong. This is way too soon based on what she ever imagined! If she is jealous, that only means one thing. Lee Chaerin officially in love with her own husband!

Chaerin shook her head hard, trying to ignore the stupid imagination of hers playing inside of her mind.

“What are you doing?”

Chaerin blinked her eyes, realizing she should not be in her imagination world when there is someone else with her, especially when that person is her husband.

“Err, nothing!” she quickly replied, tried to smile. She looked away from Jiyong’s stare then, wide open looking at the surrounding. Her husband seriously not playing joke with her. Chaerin gasped quietly, feeling already scared and mostly worried seeing the surrounding where there are no one unless the two of them. It just a huge paddy fields around them, a small sized hut across the muddy path ahead her and also a big, wide drain only few steps apart from her right side.

Chaerin took a deep breath, tried to act normally. “Where are we?” she asking, hoping that her kind-hearted husband will tell her their current location right now.

Jiyong tried to hide his playful smile, noticing the scared and panic look expression on his wife face. “I don’t know. What your mind saying, princess?” Jiyong carefully placed the bicycle against a tree and slowly taking steps, approaching his wife. Chaerin’s body shivered, wanting to cry now. She wanted to warn Jiyong to stay back but it seem her voice was stuck and her body felt paralyzed, not even moving an inch. If she screams, it just wastes her time and also energy since she knew it such a hopeless doing.

“So, back to our little argument before, princess… Why don’t you tell me the real reason why you suddenly being angry with me? Am I making you piss off?” Jiyong asked, stopping right in front of his wife, only few inches apart. Chaerin pressed her lips together, her heart beating so fast that she could not even process anything in her brain to tell her what to do right now.

Jiyong smiled a bit. “Oh, so you’re shutting your mouth now?” he asked, more like mocking to Chaerin’s ears. Taking a deep breath, Chaerin tried to gain her strength, staring back at her husband although deep inside she felt very scared, looking at those pair of brown eyes.

“No. I’m not.” She replied back, looking all brave.

Jiyong raised one of his eyebrows, surprised to see that his wife talking to him back. His wife sometimes can be very stubborn, right?

“I’m not saying anything doesn’t mean I don’t have anything to say. I don’t think why you should look at this so big as a matter of fact; it’s not a very big deal for me.” Chaerin answered, crossing her arms on her chest. Jiyong still kept his face calm, feeling a bit mad with his wife’s stubborn act.

“So, I’m the one that making this thing fuss?” Chaerin sensed that the words coming out from her husband mouth is serious and there’s no playfulness lingered in Jiyong’s eyes. “You think I don’t know what you’re trying to play with me here, Mrs. Kwon? You think I’m not that smart to read moves for what happened earlier? Just tell me the truth, Chaerin. Don’t play with me.” Jiyong’s eyes stared at his wife with an unreadable expression.

Chaerin was taken aback, feeling the urge to cry looking at her husband furious expression. Now, she knew exactly that she had crossed her husband limit patience. God, what actually happening between us right now?

“This is all your fault!” Chaerin yelled suddenly. Her eyes suddenly become watery since she felt so scared and also angry simultaneously.

“When that young girl, Yunee came, you treat her like she’s kind of someone special in your life. You don’t even introduce me at her at the first place until she asked who I am! You’re the one that making this wrong! It’s your fault, mister!” Chaerin said, her body is shaking.

Jiyong only stood there, looking at his wife patiently, wanting to know what will happen next.

Chaerin frowned then, seeing the priceless expression plastered on her husband face. “Can’t you see that Yunee girl likes you? Don’t you notice that? Or you did notice but you pretend liked you didn’t. And that because you also have the same feeling like her!” Chaerin made an assumption, not knowing that she actually revealing something she should not do it.

“So, you are not satisfied with Yunee. And also me, right?” Jiyong calmly asked. Chaerin scoffed, not believing the fact that her husband could act all patient and calm while she already felt like burning inside her body right. Maybe what she said seconds ago was true after all, Jiyong could possible has feeling towards that Yunee girl!

Chaerin exhaled angrily, turned around before started to walk then. It’s better if she just get away from her husband right now before she really going to explode herself!

“And where you’re thinking you going, Mrs. Kwon?” Jiyong asked, not moving an inch from the place he was standing just now.

“Anywhere where there is no Yunee or even Kwon Jiyong in this world!” she blurted out madly, stomping her feet all the way she’s taking steps.

Maybe luck wasn’t by Chaerin side that day when she suddenly stuck her footwear at the ground path before suddenly losing her balance and…

“Chaerin!” Jiyong called for his wife, running to where Chaerin already landed perfectly inside the paddy fields area. Opps! Someone is getting dirty.

The tears that she been holding a while ago broke right when she hit her face in the muddy, dirty mud where the paddy being planted. Chaerin cried and sobbed loudly, releasing all the tension that she felt right now. Jiyong was stunned looking at his wife state at that time, tried to touch and help her but was snapped by Chaerin before he could even reach for her.

“Don’t touch me! This… This is all you fault! I hate you!” Chaerin sobbed while screaming at Jiyong, not knowing what to do with her current condition right now.

Jiyong could only sigh, shaking his head with the stubborn behavior of his wife. He then rolled up the end of the pants that he wearing before slowly stepped inside the paddy mud field, helping Chaerin that already dirty due to the mud that covering his wife. This is so unexpected. Jiyong silently thought.

Chaerin was still crying and sobbing all her out, feeling embarrassed and completely upset with Jiyong for doing this towards her! “Don’t touch me! Go away, leave me here!” Chaerin jerked away when Jiyong going to hold her arms. Jiyong pressed his lips together, also getting impatient now.

He noticed that it possibly going to rain soon based on the cloudy, dark sky. He did not want to let both of them drench in wet because that probably make his grandmother babbling towards him, of course. That’s for sure. Jiyong absolutely determined of that.

“Could you just listen to me? I know that you’re mad with me, but it’s going to rain soon. Let’s get you out first.” Jiyong said in low voice, hoping his wife will listen to him.

Chaerin froze herself in the mud, refusing to let Jiyong getting her anywhere. She wanted to hear the word ‘sorry’ from her husband, thinking that this is all his fault! “Chaerin…” Jiyong called his wife again, his voice getting serious again. Chaerin acted like she did not hear anything, sliding herself away from her husband, not caring the dirt on her outfit.

Jiyong sighed deeply, tried to calm himself. His wife needed to teach a lesson! Without saying anything, Jiyong then stood up before jumped out to the lane, grabbing his shoes that he took off just now before walked away from the scene, leaving his wife all by herself. Just like she wanted.

Chaerin, being the stubborn one still not moving in the mud, hoping that she will win against her husband. This time she’s not going to give in towards her husband. Besides, this is his fault, okay? Not hers, so why should she the one who give in towards him? No way!

Her body jumped in shock when a loud sound coming from the thunder. Chaerin’s body shaking, feeling afraid now. Yes, she’s afraid of the sound and presence of lightning of anything that similar with that. Chaerin looked around, not seeing the sight of her husband. There’s no way that Jiyong will leave her all by herself right? Chaerin could not hide the panic feeling rise inside her body.

“Mommy…” Chaerin called out for her mother when another loud sound comi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter