♤ 43 - Capítulo Cuarenta Y Tres

Way of Loving You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

I slowly looked up when I heard someone called for me, my eyes greeted with the sight of Kiko stood few meters away from me, her face also reflected the same expression as mine; worried and tired. I knew that I looked worse than her though.

“Hey, I’m going back to my room now. If there’s anything news about her, please do inform me also, okay? And don’t worry too much, Ji. I know she will return safely.” She stated in low voice, smiling at me a courage smile.

I smiled back at her although I don’t know how it looked like. I did not forget to thank her for staying here with me and also helping me with the others in order to search for my beloved wife. It’s been passed few hours already and yet, there’s still no new news about her. I glanced at the clock hung on the polish, marble wall right behind the receptionist counter; it’s almost to three in the morning now.

My eyes flickered to the outside view of the hotel, a deep sigh escaped from my mouth then. If only I could go out there and find her by myself. I would rather do that than staying here in this hotel; patiently waiting for her to come back here; safe and sound condition. Due to the dramatically drop of temperature, citizens of few areas in Japan are highly advised to stay indoor in order for their own safety. It will be a risky and dangerous if people be outside of building at this moment because of the very cold temperature and chilly weather.

And that’s the reason why I could only wait myself patiently for her to come back here to this hotel. If it’s not because of the prohibition, I would go out there and do whatever it takes just to find her back, seeing her again right in front of me; breathing. For real.

I did not care anymore about my appearance at that time. All I care right now is her. Her safety, her condition and everything about her. I know that my face could tell how I’m feeling right now. I could not even think properly right now since my mind could only think about her. I let out a deep sigh, feeling uneasy feeling lingered around me. I’m not going to be okay or even feel okay until I meet her, face to face with me.

I want her here to be in front of me, alive. I want to touch her, to hug her and give her as much warmth that she wants so that I know she’s here with me. I want to say that I’m sorry for ignoring her these past few days and being so busy with my works. I did not realize that I actually hurting her with my overload works and lack of attention towards her. I know it’s hard to accept the way I am. Even I’ve tried my best to change my workaholic personality, a little part of that still keep in my life, controlling my body and mind sometimes.

Sweetheart, I’m really sorry.

Sorry for sometimes hurt you and ignore you just because I have to do my works. You are right. Sometimes, I do take my works as my first priority rather than you. I ignored you just because I think my works is more important than you. God; why sometimes when I said I want to change; but I always fail in doing that? I should’ve have known about you, Chaerin and also about us. Our marriage. Spending almost two years with you; tied with the marriage knot, I should know what is good and bad for both of us.

But still, I’ve always like this. Liar. Yeah, it’s all lie when I told myself that I’m going to give the best for us. Sometimes, it’s not me the one who give you the best, but it is you. You’re the one who always try to give me the best you could in order to show me your endless love towards me. While me? I couldn’t even say ‘I love you’ to you just because I’m not kind of person that used to do that. The only way I could tell you is only my affection towards you.

We’re always said to each other, we just going to try and try. Maybe now, try wasn’t enough. We need more than that, right sweetheart? We need to understand more towards each other, feeling deeply with each other life after this. God, I’m sorry. If only I listen to you; take you to where you want and bring you out just like you wished for. Sorry, my sweetheart.

Probably, I was too deep lost in my own thoughts and I did not even realize that someone was calling for me. I was pulled back to the reality when someone touched my shoulder, making me turned my body around, seeing the person in front of me.

“Sir, I’m sorry for disturbing you and also sorry for not informing you about this soon. We’re already found your wife and she’s on her way back to this hotel. Fortunately, we received a call from a police station around this neighborhood area. Sorry for the delay, sir. We also just informed by the people in charged.” The person told me, bowing his body a bit.

A wash of relieve rushed all over me; I could not even hide the fact that I felt very grateful when I heard the news. Oh God, thank you for listening to my prayer! I then thanked the person million times for helping me and also the other few people that were in charged. Thank God, thank you so much. I did not even realize that I could smile now; a wide smile automatically made it way to my lips.

Fifteen minutes felt like an hour for me when I was waiting for her patiently, my heart could not stop praying that everything will be okay and she will be in my arms at any moment. As like my prayer had been heard by God, I heard someone called for my name again and this time, I instantly looked up, finding the car police that probably brought my wife parked at the entrance of the hotel.

It did not take a minute at all for me to reach there, my heart was beating so fast that I felt like it’s going to explode due to sudden rush that I just went through seconds ago. When a female police officer opened the back door, my sight was greeted with the view of my wife, lying perfectly at the back seat of the car, her face looked kind of a pale and not to mention, her clothes look wet and damp. God, why would she have to go through this kind of situation?

I then bent down my body, climbing myself until my upper body was half in the car, my eyes could not stop observe my wife’s condition at that time. I pressed my lips together, mixed feelings playing in my mind at that time. Without waiting more, I scooped my wife into my arms, lifting her easily before carried her bridal style in my arms.

“Op-oppa?” I heard her low, breathless voice calling for me.

I glanced at her, smiling at her lovingly. “Shh, sweetheart. Just close your eyes, okay?” I assured her, kissing the top of her head. She tried to smile despite her weak condition at that time, closing her eyes then like I asked her to.

 

 

My eyelids slowly opened when I felt sudden movement beside me, I took a look at the familiar figure that was sleeping beside me. Her face was still a bit pale but at least, she looked better than the time I saw her after the incident. I fixed few of her strands hair that looked messy and probably disturbing her sleep when I realized she awaken already, both of her eyes slowly fluttered open.

“Sweetheart?” I called for her softly, looking at her with worried feeling.

She then turned to look at me, long enough before her hand slowly reached forward to touch my face. I tried to put my best smile towards her, not wanting her to know how freaking worried I felt about her the moment she disappeared.

“Oppa. Is it really you, oppa?” she asked me, her voice cracked and a bit husky; probably from the sleeping and exhaustion that took over her body.

I chuckled breathlessly, nodding my head slowly then. “Yes, this is me, sweetheart. I’m here for you.” I murmured softly, caressing her puff cheek with my thumb. She weakly smiled at me before suddenly pulled me forward towards her, tightly embracing in her arms.

“Oppa… I’m so scared. I’m sorry for not listening to you. I thought I could never see you again.” She silently sobbed on my chest, her body was shaking due to the traumatic experience that she went through before, I assumed.

I pressed my lips together, tenderly rubbed her back, comforting her then. She was still crying even after few minutes passed, hearing her sobs already could kill me inside. I took her face in my both hands, staring deeply into her eyes as it reflected to me those fear, sadness and everything except for joyful and happiness.

“Hey, hey… Shh. Stop crying now, sweetheart. Please? For me, hmm?” I softly muttered under my breath, using my fingers to wipe away the tears that rolling down along her cheek. God, why it’s so hurt to see her in this kind of hopeless, weak state?

She sniffed then, ducking her head lower, probably trying to hold her tears that building inside her. I let out a small sigh then, tucking a finger under her chin, brought up her face so that she was looking at me as I was gazing at her with mixed feelings.

“Sweetheart. I-..” I stopped, trying to be calm as possible.

“I’m really sorry, sweetheart. Sorry for not being the best to protect you despite that I’m your own husband. Forgive me, will you?” People said that it rare to see a man crying but that’s what happening to me at the moment.

I did not know why the tears suddenly flowed out from my eyes; guess I’ve been holding it too long since the time I knew Chaerin was missing and I was worrying for her like a mad person. I felt a soft touch on my cheek; her fingers carefully wiped my tears away. “No, oppa. We’re both sorry towards each other. I’m sorry for not listening to you and you’re sorry because you made me felt bad isn’t it?” she spoke quietly, looking at me with such a sad exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter