YOU IDIOT!!

I'll protect you

(Yoomi pov)

Truthly, after the broke up with ChangJo really made me depressed and frustrated. I know it was me who blurted it out for a break up as I want the best for him. He would never love me again and I also need to move on. Thanks to Niel oppa for staying with me. I don’t know what I might do if I stay alone in depression and sadness all the time. At least, Niel oppa will make me happy sometime and probably will stop me from doing something stupid. When Niel oppa asked me whether I hate ChangJo or not, I seriously wanted to hate him but I can’t. I wanted to hate EunJi but I can’t because she’s my friend. I never wanted to hate anyone in my life.

When Niel oppa stayed with me, I felt comfortable and able to calm down from the problem bit by bit. When I had fever that time, he was the one that care for me. That night, when I wasn’t able to sleep, he sat beside my bed and sang a song for me making me slowly doze off. Why did he’s so kind to me? I’ve never done anything good to him. We just meet just last week and he’s care for me since then. He care for me more than my family care for me and more than ChangJo care for me. At one time, I felt kinda weird when I met his eyes. It cause me to blush without reason.

And today, she took a bit of rice that was stuck on my face. I get blushed went he touch my lips. It weird for me. It wouldn’t be that!! It won’t! He stood up and went to the living room and switch it on. I sat there dumbfounded and kind of froze after the touch. He really make me felt dumb. My heart thumping like crazy and I can’t really focus. I took all the dishes toward the sink and washed it, still my mind replaying the scene just now. I must be crazy! I went toward my room after I’d done.

‘This must be wrong! It won’t be! Please tell me I’m not!! I need to confirm it. But how?’ I crazily debated in my mind but it made me more stressed. I need to forget about it. I went to down stair and Niel oppa was still in the living room, watching the drama. I took two cup of ice-cream from the refrigerator and took a small spoon before joining Niel oppa on the couch. I shoved him one cup of ice-cream and a small spoon. He took it. We ate in silence as we watched the drama. About a few minutes later, I felt someone finger on my lips. It was Niel oppa. I look at him shocked.

“You have ice-cream on your lips.” I nodded at look away. What surprising me was he hold my chin and turn to face him. “You still have it.” I about to wipe my lips but he hold my hand. Our lips met each other and it made my heart beat like crazy and seem it wanted to explode. Surprising me as I didn’t rejected him instead I kissed him back with my arm around his neck. I must be really crazy at this time but what can I do as I think I already confirmed it. I pulled away gasping for air. I look straight into his eyes wanted him to say something.

“O-oppa.” He just stare straight into me without saying any word. “Why did you do that?” I really wanted to know his feeling first. I wouldn’t be the one that told him.

“I love you Yoomi-ah.” I looked into his eyes and filled with sincerity. I was surprised by his confession at the same time. He love me?

“Since when?” we still in the position where me arm around his neck and his arm around my waist. Not to forget our face was really close.

“Since the first time I met you.”

“First time? At Jeju-do?” he nodded. I was about to pull away as it felt awkward in that position but he pull me back with his arm on my waist.

“Why did you do that?”

“Huh?”

“You kissed me back.” I got shocked with it. What should I tell him? I think I already confirmed what I already curious about. It’s quit embarrassing to tell him. I look away avoiding his question. “Yoomi-ah.. Why don’t you answered me?”

“Oppa.. Because..” I paused and look at his curious face with my answer. Instead of answering, I gave him a light peck on his lips before I move away from him toward my room. It’s really embarrassing. Did he get the reason already? What if he don’t? I don’t want to repeat it again. There’s a knocked on the door. Knowing it was Niel oppa, I laid down on the bed and cover myself to hide from this embarrassment. When there’s no knock on the door, I felt relieved guessing that he already gave up. I lift the cover from me and about to sit up but then I saw Niel oppa sat beside the bed. I screamed as I was shocked with his appearance.

“OPPA!!!!!!!!!” I yelled at him earning a chuckled from him.

“So about just now. Why-“ I cut him off knowing he would brought that topic again.

“Don’t talk about it again!” I laid back on the bed and covered myself once again. Unfortunately, he grabbed the cover and I immediately took a pillow and cover my face.

“YA!!! You will be out of breath later.” I ignored him and just cover my face with the pillow knowing that I slowly get hard to breath.

“Alright. I won’t ask about it again. So move that pillow from your face. It’s hard to breath.” I gave up and move the pillow to the usual place. At least he won’t asked me again. “Are you okay?” he asked me worried.

“Ne~”

“Don’t do it again! I’m worried.. What if you out of breath?” he sound worried making me guilty at that time. I didn’t mean to as I just want to avoid from answering his question.

“Mianhae.”

“I can’t live without you.” His word made me happy for a multiple times than usual.

“Wae? But I can live without you.” I for a while.

“Because I love you.”

“I don’t love you.”

“You don’t? So what I thought is real. Is it a goodbye kiss or what?” what did he just said? He didn’t know the reason I done that? He thought it a goodbye kiss? How can I tell him again? It’s kind of embarrassing for me. I don’t know what so say as I stay silent to think about the right word to say. “It’s fine. We can be friend.” Friend? Is he kidding me or what?

“Friend?”

“Ne.. You don’t like it?” I shook my head making him smile. Is he happy just be friend? He was about to leave my side but I can’t stand that he misunderstood the kiss. I stood up and I gave him a backhugged as he was near the door. “Yoo-Yoomi-ah.. Wae?” he unwrapped my arm that was around him and turn his body to look at me.

“You idiot!!!”

“Wae? Did I done something?”

“You done something bad to me!!”

“What I’d done? I’m sorry if I done something bad to you.”

“Ne.. It’s really bad… You hurt me.. You make me sad.” I looked down on the floor to avoid eye contact with him while he grabbed both my arm. He didn’t reply back. I hit his chest lightly, showing how disappointed I am with him.

“Wae~~?”

“YA!! YOU IDIOT!! WHY IS IT GOODBYE KISS??? WHY WE HAVE TO BE FRIEND ONLY?? YOU SAID YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT ME!!”

“Yoomi-ah..” his voice showing that he’s worried with me. I took a step closer and stood on tiptoe while grabbing his shoulder. I move closer until our lips met. I know he was surprised but he returned it back.

I pulled away and look at him straight. “I love you!! Idiot!” finally I get to see him smile widely. He wrapped his arm around my waist and rested our forehead together.

“I love you Yoomi-ah.” He said after giving me a light peck on my forehead. “Will you be my girlfriend?” I nodded excitedly at him. So this was how ChangJo could change love from me toward EunJi. It was because the other made us more cheerful and happy all the time. And it also because what the other had done for us. I love Niel oppa for that. He made me more happy and always done anything for me. It’s not that ChangJo never done anything for me but it’s just Niel oppa done the most for me to be happy.

“But Yoomi-ah..” I snapped out of my thought and look up staring at Niel oppa and still hugging each other. “How dare you call me idiot! I’m older than you.” I chuckled at his statement.

“Because you’re really an idiot. How dare you thought of that as a goodbye kiss? Do you really want a goodbye kiss?”

“You didn’t explained anything about it. You never show that you like me. AND!! I don’t want any goodbye kiss from you. I just want LOVE kiss.” He marked the word ‘love’, making me blushed and hide my face on his chest.

“It’s embarrassing. I don’t know that I can like you this quick.”

“Quick? Since when?”

“Since you stay here.”

“Oooww~~ Do you want me to stay here forever with you then?”

“NO!!!! We’re not even marry. You will go back this Sunday!!”

“Wae~~? I want to stay with my cute baby.” He called me ‘my cute baby’? I look up at him feeling curious with that nickname. “You’re cute and you’re my baby.”

“YA!! I’m not a baby.”

“I’ll stay with you but not now. I’ll make sure we’ll get married.”

“Promise?” I held out my pinky finger in front of him. He nodded and held out his also. We made our pinky-promise.

“I’ll wait for you.”