Side story - Nightmares & Soothing Lullaby

Super Junior Hello Baby - Babysitting The Maknaes Edition~ [updating side stories]

** A slice from the chapter Fever in the Freezing Night **

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesung carried Kyuhyun to the Leeteuk’s room, carefully placing the little boy on the bed so the maknae won’t wake up. Then, he pulled up the thick comforter over Kyuhyun’s body so the kid will kept warmed, as Yesung didn’t wish Kyuhyun to have fever too.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Yesung tighten his arms around his jacket, keeping himself warm while watching over sleeping Kyuhyun. Although he did feels sleepy, but he cannot sleep, not when he was worrying about Ryeowook’s state and Sungmin to take care of the little maknae’s alone.

Fifteen minutes pasts, the older man almost dozing off when suddenly Kyuhyun starts crying and screaming in his sleep. Blinked in shock at first, Yesung then shakes Kyuhyun gently to wake him up. As soon as Kyuhyun realized he was with his hyung, the little maknae hugged him tightly while sobbing.

“ Shh...it’s okay...it’s okay..it’s only nightmare..”, rubbing his small back, Yesung try to calm the shaken boy.

“ Hyung...Kyu’s scared..bad ahjumma wants to eat Kyu and Wookie..She’s scary....”, Kyuhyun whimpered, clutching tightly on Yesung’s jacket.

“ It’s okay...hyungs is here to protect Kyu and Wookie...nobody will ever get to hurt you two”, Yesung smiled, reassuring confidently, but Kyuhyun didn’t say anything, he just snuggled more into the older man’s embraced.

“ Hyung...Kyu wants to see Wookie...can we?”, Kyuhyun asked later, almost like a whispers.

“Eh? Buy you might catch his fever...we can’t..”, Yesung’s word was stopped when Kyuhyun look at him directly with his teary eyes.

“ Pleaseeeeeee...Kyu only want to see Wookie..then Kyu will sleep again here..”,the little boy tugging at his hyung jacket, pleading for agreement.

“ Okay...let’s go”, sighing, Yesung surrendered to the plead, cradling the youngest member on his arms, they left to the other bedroom.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Sungmin’s wipes his fallen tears on his cheeks while embracing a squirming small body. He had been trying to wake Ryeowook’s up, hoping the little kid would snapped from his bad dreams but it was all hopeless. Ryeowook kept crying and mumblings in his sleep, and this made Sungmin worried to death.

The pink lover jumped a little when he feels a hand tapped on his shoulders. Tilting his head, Sungmin look at Yesung and Kyuhyun before asking “ Hyung, why you bring Kyuhyun back here?”.

“Kyuhyun had a nightmares about a woman wants to eat him and Wookie. So he insist to see Wookie.”, Yesung explained, while sitting on the bed with Kyuhyun on his lap before adding " What's wrong? Why Wookie and you crying too?".

 “Wookie also having nightmares...but no matter I tried, he wouldn’t snap from it and keep crying and mumblings, I'm really worried”, Sungmin said, wondering if the maknaes had dreamt about the witch that caused this thing.

“ Aigoo..ottohke??”, Yesung ruffles at Ryeowook’s hair, frowning at the hot temperature when his hands brushed over the kid’s forehead.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun stay silent while the hyungs was talking when suddenly, he leaned his body closer to still Ryeowook, but remain to sit on his hyung’s lap.

“ Wookie...it’s me Kyu...please wake up..don’t make Kyu sad..Minnie hyung also sad..jebal~”, the pale skin kid said, but still the eternal maknae wouldn’t wake up. “ If Wookie don’t want to wake up..then.... Wookie have to rest and sleep nicely...Kyu will sing for Wookie ne....Wookie have to listen okay~??”.

Both Yesung and Sungmin were surprised when the youngest maknae really starts humming a lullaby song for his little friend, even only one phrase is repeated and it not so fluently sang by him. Yesung joins in, singing the lullaby together with Kyuhyun while Sungmin humming the tunes along, rocking Ryeowook in his embraced gently.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You never know, dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

Please don't take my sunshine away

As if the song was magical, slowly, Ryeowook stopped squirming in his sleep, breathing become calmer and soon the eternal maknae has fall into peaceful sleep again. Yesung and Sungmin let out a relieved sigh, while Kyuhyun had a smile plastered on his face.

Yawning, Kyuhyun mumbled ‘ Good night Wookie’ and leaned his back to Yesung’s chest, closing his eyes. Decided to stay for a bit more , Yesung sway his body a slightly while humming another lullaby for Kyuhyun to sleep too. Later, he finished the lullaby with low soft notes, smiling when he know Kyuhyun had joined Ryeowook in the dreamland again.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Sungmin put Ryeowook back on the bed and covered him with a warm thick blanket a placed a new wet towel. Later, he walk to the door, help to open them for Yesung, which carrying a sleeping Kyuhyun in bridal-style.

“ Get some rest too Sungmin ah, at least when Ryeowook is still asleep for now”, Yesung said in low voice, he was concerned about his babysitting partner, after all it’s still new for them to look after a sick children.

“ I don’t think I can sleep before the doctor come and treat Wookie...guess I will stay up till morning. Hyung should sleep now..I’ll have to depend on you to take care of them tomorrow”, in low voice too, Sungmin replied honestly since he was worried too much, he will not be able to sleep even for a while.

“ Hmmm...if you said so. Then I’ll sleep with Kyuhyun first. But wake me up if you cannot hold it and need me to take care of Wookie. Good night Minnie ah”, Yesung said before stepping out from the bedroom.

“Ne...arraseo hyung...Good night hyung...jajalyo Kyunnie”, Sungmin nodded, before leaning in to kiss sleeping Kyuhyun’s forehead and closed the door.

Walking back to the bed, Sungmin look at Ryeowook, hoping there will be no more nightmares to bother his two beloved dongsaengs, and wished the morning will come faster.

“ Jajalyo Wookie..morning will come soon..and hyung promise you will get better”,  he whispered to Ryeowook right ear, a warm feeling wrapped his heart when Ryeowook responds with a  soft ‘hummm’.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I want all these handsome guys to sings me lullabies too >.< ..Nowadays I always get sick with flu, hardly get a decent sleep, and end up with headache at work T-T~

p/s : Forgive me for bad grammars and spelling errors~ I don’t get much time to check it again since I only can get online at my workplace~ Kamsahamnida for reading, leaving comments &  to the new subscribers ..I love you all <3