Chapter 16 : Fever in the Freezing Night

Super Junior Hello Baby - Babysitting The Maknaes Edition~ [updating side stories]

Kyuhyun woke up from his sleeps, his body feels colds yet his hand feels a little bit too warm. He looked at his hand, which cupping on Ryeowook right cheek. In the dim light, he noticed that his smaller friends hair was wet, bead of sweats formed on his forehead while his body shivering. With worried feelings, he climbed down from the bed, later climbed back onto the bed, at the side where Sungmin was sleeping.

“ Minnie hyung, ireona~, Minnie hyung~”, Kyuhyun try to wake up his bunny hyung.

“ Euhmm,...Kyu?, what’s wrong?”, Sungmin sit up and glanced at the alarm clock, it’s only 4.15 am, “ You need to pee, baby?’”.

“ No..It feels so cold but Wookie’s cheeks feels hot”, Kyuhyun explain, while hugging himself.

“ Ehh?”, Sungmin quickly put his palm on Ryeowook’s forehead to check on him.” Omo !! Wookie has fever”.

Sungmin walks to the sofa at the wall, where Yesung were sleeping. Not wasting time, he shook Yesung body to wake him up.“ Hyung...Sungie hyung..wake up.”.

Yesung squint his eyes, looking sleepily at Sungmin while asking “ Ehmm..Minnie, what wrong? It’s still dark outside”.

“ Wookie has fever hyung”, the younger told Yesung.

“ Mwo?? Fever??..aigoo, what do we do?”, Yesung panicked, not sure what to do.

“ Hyung look after the kids for a while, I’m getting some water and towel to compress on Wookie’s head”, Sungmin replied, already halfway to the door.

“Ne”, Yesung said, grabbing his own blanket and jacket while moving to the bed. He sat down beside kyuhyun, who still looking at Ryeowook and wrapped his jacket around Kyuhyun’s body. Then, he add the blanket on to Ryeowook’s body, making him warmer.

“ Sungie hyung, is Wookie going to be okay?”, Kyuhyun ask, almost sobbing, feeling sad with his friends condition.

“ Don’t cry Kyu. Wookie will be just fine, trust me,” Yesung pulled Kyuhyun onto his lap, ruffling his hair to comfort his youngest dongsaeng.

Sungmin come back while bringing some water, small towels and thermometer. After putting wet towel onto Wookie forehead, Sungmin check on the thermometer he left under the Ryeowook armpit before.

“ Omo, hyung...it’s quite high, 37.8 OC”. We can’t give him adult medicine. We must bring him to clinic".

“ But Minnie, if we bring him to clinic, doesn’t we need an identification? We doesn’t have it, at least nor for him”, Yesung reasoned out, although he also feel really worried.

“ Hyung right..aigooo..ottoke.”, Sungmin sigh, somehow he must find an idea.“ Ah..I know, I’ll call a doctor I know while doing charity event. I’m sure he’ll trust me if I said he was one of my relatives.

“ Then we’ll call him as soon as the sun rise up”, Yesung said, feeling grateful.

“ Ne, but  Kyuhyun cannot sleep here with us, I don’t want him to catch a fever too”, Sungmin pointed at Kyuhyun, which already falls asleep again on Yesung’s lap.

“ I’ll take him to Teukie hyung’s room first ,then I’ll coming  back here later,” Yesung said, getting up while carrying  Kyuhyun in bridal style.

“ Aniyo...don’t let Kyu sleep alone. Hyung can sleep with him, I’ll stay up until morning came”, Sungmin refused Yesung’s offer.

“ But Minnie..”, Yesung try to protest but being cut by Sungmin.

“ It's okay hyung. After the doctor done the check up I’ll rest. By then it’s your turn to look after the kids. So hyung need to rest first”.

“ If you say so..Then I’ll just agree. If you need anything just give me a call,”.

“ Ne, I will”.

**********************************************************************************

Sungmin stay all the way to the morning, changing the wet towel on Ryeowook’s forehead and wiping his body. He also changes his small dongsaeng clothes every time it’s soaked with sweats. As soon as the sun shows itself, Sungmin reach out for his phone and called for the doctor. Thankfully, the doctor was free in the morning and willing to come to their dorm.

When the doctor arrived and rang the dorm bell, Yesung was going to open the door when he saw Kyuhyun also waking up, and follow himself out. Both of them walk to the door, welcomed the doctor in then ushered him into the bedroom. Yesung, Sungmin and kyuhyun sit on the sofa while waiting the doctor to check up on Ryeowook. After finished his job, the young doctor walks to the sofa.

“ Dr. Im, how my little dongsaeng’s condition?”,

“ Don’t worry, I already give him an injection to subside the fever. I think the fever probably caused by temperature drop last night, and the kid doesn’t have high tolerance to the coldness. I’ll also give the antibiotics, make sure he finished it. I'm sure he'll be okay soon”, he explained while smiling softly.

“ Thank you Dr. Im. I’ll walk you out”, Sungmin offered.

“ Ah.. it’s okay, I’m fine by myself. Then, I’ll get going first..Annyeong”, the doctor politely refused then bowing down beore excuseing himself.

“ Annyeong”, both Sungmin and Yesung also bowing down.

After the doctor left the room, Yesung ushered Sungmin to the bed and make the latter sit on it.

“ You should rest Minnie, after all you must be tired after stay up to take care of Wookie. I’ll be looking over you two”, Yesung told Sungmin.

“ Ne..then I’ll just sleep here with Wookie”, Sungmin yawned, grabbing a pillow and used it as a divider between his and Wookie body and  then lay down on the bed, closing his tired eyes.

Yesung turned his face to Kyuhyun. “ Kyu, do you want to sleep again?”, he ask the youngest.

“ No..I’m not sleepy anymore. But now I cannot play with Wookie”, Kyuhyun said, pouting slightly.

“ Hmm...how about you accompany me to cook  some chicken porridge in the kitchen? It’s good for sick Wookie, but it’s also nice for us to eat some in such a cold day you know?”, Yesung ask, raising his left  eyebrow.

“ Hmm..okay~~..but if I help making Wookie’s porridge, can I have some cake too?”, Kyuhyun asked back.

”Haaahhh, you and your cake. But don’t tell Minnie hyung about it. Promise??”, Yesung sigh, sticking out his pinky finger.

“ Nee~ promise !!”, Kyuhyun hooked his pinky finger around Yesung’s one.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________