Chapter 19 : Hand Shadow Puppets

Super Junior Hello Baby - Babysitting The Maknaes Edition~ [updating side stories]

Sungmin and Yesung were chatting on the sofa while Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were playing at the corner of the wall - after taking his medicine before, Ryeowook healing up quite fast. They were chatting and playing nicely when suddenly the electric power went out, and the whole dorm engulfed into the darkness. Yesung and Sungmin went panic when they heard Kyuhyun and Ryeowook crying and screaming for their names. 

Using the light from their handphone as guidance, they rushed to the wall corner where they found the maknaes sobbing, while hugging each other in the dark.  Tears were staining Kyuhyun and Ryeowook’s faces and when the saw their hyungs running, the crying become more louder before Sungmin and Yesung hugging them tightly.

“ Hyung...hyung..so dark...so scary...”, both kids clutched their hyung’s clothes tightly, continue whimpering in their hyung’s embraced.

 “ Shhh..don’t cry...It’s okay...hyung is here...”, Sungmin comforted, while rubbing their back soothingly, eventually the crying and sobbing reduced into faint sniffing sound.

“ Kyu and Wookie stay with Minnie hyung first, I’ll go find the candles.”, Yesung said, before stand up and walk carefully to the kitchen back to find the candles and rumbled through the drawers, unfortunately he cannot found any single candle.

“ Hyung, did you found the candles yet?”, Sungmin ask, staring at his now low battery phone on the floor since he didn’t charge it today.

“ We don’t have any candle Minnie ah..I’ll go and buy it at the store”.

“ But my phone already low battery, it’ wouldn’t last long”.

“ Ah...then use mine,”, Yesung give his phone, but before he can take a step , there come a knocking sound at the door.

“ Hyung...don’t go...maybe it ghost...”, Kyuhyun said, one small hand tugging at Yesung’s pant, preventing him to walk.

“Ghost??..hyuuunngg~”, Ryeowook snuggled closer to Sungmin, closing his eyes with his small hands after hearing Kyuhyun’s word.

Yesung smile a little before ruffled his dongsaengs hair,” Don’t worry, you know, even ghosts were afraid of me” he joked.

Yesung went to the door to open it, and he saw their next door neighbour abeoji and ommonim, each holding a lighted candle.

“ Oh..annyeong abeoji, ommonim”, he bow politely.

“ Ah.. Yesung ah...We came to see if you guys were okay, since we heard a loud children’s cry”, the ommonim said with worried tone.

 “ Thank you..We’re fine, the kids just afraid of the dark.   But we don’t have candles..I’m about to go out and buy it though”.

“ Ahh...don’t worry about it, we bring extra candles and matches for you too, here, take it”, this time the abeoji speak, giving the extra candles and matches to Yesung.

“ Jeongmal gomawo- yo, abeoji, ommonim”, Yesung beamed, feeling very grateful to the elders for their consideration.

“ Gwechana..be careful”, both elder said, excusing themselves back to their home.

“ Ne...please be careful too”, Yesung bow once again before closing and locking the door.

**********************************************************************************

Yesung hold the lighted candle with one hand, his other hands dragging the canvas box filled with giraffe plushies- Ryeowook had insisted him to take them too, he don’t want them to be left in the dark room. He led the way to the bedroom, Sungmin trailing behind him while piggyback Kyuhyun and carrying Ryeowook like a koala. Both kids refused to let him go, being afraid if they were going to be kidnapped by a ghost.

Once they entered the bedroom, Sungmin flops the little maknaes and himself on the bed, while Yesung placed the candles on the nightstand and the plushies beside it. Then he came to the bed and flopped on it too. Silence filled the room as Kyuhyun and Ryeowook didn’t want to speak, they just cling to Sungmin.

Sungmin whispers something into Yesung’s ear and Yesung nodded. He took a chair and placed it in front of the bed, and placed the candle on it. Yesung start to make figures using his hands in front of the lighted candle. As a result, a shadow of deer head formed on the wall, instantly grabbing Kyuhyun’s and Ryeowook’s attention.

Sungmin join Yesung, he’s making a bunny shadow leaving the little maknaes in astonishment.  Kyuhyun and Ryeowook getting more excited, shouting “ Wooahh”, when both the shadows start to move and having conversation in cute voices.

“ Awesome!! Teach Kyu !!” Kyuhyun ask excitedly, moving closer to the hyungs.

“ Wookie too !!”, Ryeowook joined in squishing his body to fit in the space.

Yesung and Sungmin laughed, glad to make the kids forget about their fear for darkness. Yesung teach them to make the simplest one, the flying bird and easily follow by Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. Sungmin then teach them to make the snail, also easily followed by the kids. Yesung and Sungmin continue teaching and helping their maknaes making the hand shadow puppets when Ryeowook blurted out from the blue, asking them to make giraffe shadow.

Sungmin and Yesung lost their word for a while, brains thinking how to make the giraffe figures. Ryeowook waited patiently for them, when suddenly Kyuhyun jump down from the bed, grabbing a small giraffe plushie and holding it in front of the candle. Ryeowook clap his hands happily, squealing cheerfully when he saw a big gigantic giraffe shadow printed on the wall while Yesung and Sungmin staring at it for a moment before laughing along.

“ Aiiii...you’re genius”, Sungmin praised the youngest member, earning a proud smile from Kyuhyun.

“ Your quick wit never fail to amuse us even as a kid”, Yesung admit it too, patting Kyuhyun’s head softly.

They continue playing with the shadows until Ryeowook both Kyuhyun and Ryeowook yawned sleepily.

“ Alright...let’s go to sleep now, tonight let’s all sleep on the bed”, Sungmin scooted to the wall, patting the space on the bed for Ryeowook and Kyuhyun to lay down between him and Yesung. The room become colder since they are no electricity to power up the heater, thus by sleep together on one bed, they can share warmth with each other.

“ Kyu kyu~~,,,Wookie cold...”, Ryeowook mumbled, complaining to his little friend even after laying under the blanket.

Kyuhyun rolled Ryeowook body closer to Sungmin, before he also snuggled himself closer to Ryeowook body under the blanket.

“ Sungie hyung..can you put the giraffe plushies on me and Wookie?”, Kyuhyun requested.

Yesung take the plushies and scattered all on the bed. He shoved half of it to Sungmin before they both placing in on Kyuhyun and Ryeowook bodies which already being covered by blanket.

“Finished! Now sleep, good night babies~”, Sungmin wished to Ryeowook and Kyuhyun, kissing both kids forehead.

“ Gomawo Minnie hyung...Good night~”, Kyuhyun and Ryeowok closed their eyes together after wishing back to Sungmin.

“ Eiii, not fair..only Minnie hyung?”, Yesung pouted, pretend to sulking.

“ Good night Sungie/Cungie hyuuunggg~~”, the kids cooed, then giggling softly even with eyes closed when Yesung pressed his fingers on their philtrums.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hands shadow puppets are my family favourite entertainment during electricity shortage to kill the boredom ^^

Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing =)