Chapter 38

Falling in Love While Changing You...

Your POV

I finally calmed down a bit. Maybe going back to California isn't such a bad idea...It's just that I'll be married to a stranger...A/N sorry for not mentioning that you were born in California but moved back to Seoul. 

Then the doorbell rang. Who could be visiting at this time of day? I went downstairs and opened the door.

"Eunhyuk-ah, what are you doing here?" 

"_______, I remember everything now." He pulled me into a hug and I could feel tears forming in my eyes. Why does he have to remember now? I'm leaving soon, leaving to get married, and I was planning to be forgotten forever...He pulled away and caressed my cheek. "Are you crying?" He asked worriedly.

"Eunhyuk-ah, we need to talk." I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the park near my house. We sat down on the bench and I didn't know how to start. I suddenly became emotional. A tear slid down my cheek as I stared at him in the eyes.

"Why? Why do you have to remember me?" I asked between tears.

Eunhyuk asked confusingly, "What do you mean? Don't you want me to remember you?"

"I don't know anymore..."

He looked really hurt. "______..." He called my name with that gentle voice of his. "Did something happen?" He reached over to hold my hand but I pulled away.

Instead, I started throwing soft punches at his chest. "What happened? You forgot about me, that's what happened. And now you remember, but it's not the same anymore!! It can't be the same anymore...."

He grabbed my shoulder and made me look at him. "Why didn't you tell me the truth after I woke up? You lied to me...A close friend? Is that what you think of me?" 

"No....I didn't know what I was thinking then okay? I was so confused and I kept on blaming myself for making you end up in the hospital!" Tears began to flow rapidly down my face. 

His grip on my shoulder softened. "It wasn't your fault...I'm your boyfriend aren't I? It was my job to protect you. And remember we made a promise? I'll always be there to give you assistance when you call my name." He pulled me into a tighter hug and rubbed the back of my head. "______, saranghae..." I felt so warm in his arms...I just wanna stay like this, forever...but I can't.

"No, No!" I pulled away from him. "Eunhyuk-ah, let's end it here." My heart ached when I those words came out of my mouth. 

"Bwoh? Why?" His eyes turned watery. 

"Why? I successfully made you change your player attitude. That was suppose to be the end. Before the accident, I tried to find a chance to break up with you. On the day I decided to break up with you for real, the accident happened."

"No...._______, don't leave me...." He whispered. 

"It's not up to me to choose anymore Eunhyuk! I'm leaving to California to get married next week!" 

Both of us fell silent. 

"You're gonna get married? To who?" He asked quietly. 

"I don't know...but it's probably a benefit for my parent's business."

"________...is it possible for us to stay together until the day you leave?"

I stared at him. "What?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers :D Hope you guys enjoy my update ^^ Comments please <333