Battlefield

THE BLOOD HUNT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 39

Battlefield

 

 

Sulli wiped her tears…her father whom she just met…is going to die…protecting her. Sulli looked at Heechul and Minho… If the execution happens…they both will lose a father.

“It is me they want…” said Sulli “So I will go.”

“No. Out of the question..” Said Heechul “You are going to kill yourself there.”

“If I don’t go…a lot of people will die trying to protect me. My father will die…your father will die. And it may not stop there. They will continue to hunt us and surely each of your lives will be in danger.” Said Sulli “I am just one person…I don’t want people to die for me.”

“People will still die for you even when you’re already dead.” Said Minho

That stopped Sulli…

It was the first time since last night that Minho talked to her.

Minho wasn’t looking at her.

“If they kill you…” Minho took a deep breath as he looked at Sulli.

 “I swear I will kill all of them too.” Said Minho

Sulli felt like she couldn’t breathe…her heart beating so fast.

“So I…wouldn’t let you go there.” Said Minho “I won’t let you die. Because if you die…I don’t think I can stop myself from being a monster and totally lose what I am living for.”

“Min…” Sulli felt like a bittersweet feeling is flooding her heart and mind…Does this mean…Minho still loves her even now?

Heechul smirked. So Minho couldn’t bear it any longer, huh?

Minho walked towards Sulli and pulled her close to him. It made Naeun hide her smile behind Taemin.

“Look Sulli…I…am sorry.” Said Minho “I know I acted like a jerk.”

“No Minho…I understand…I know it was hard.” Said Sulli

“Yeah…” said Minho enveloping Sulli in a hug.

Uee’s eyes widened in shock. And when she looked at Taecyeon it seems he also did not know…that Sulli and Minho…are a couple!

“I’m so sorry.” Said Minho

Sulli just cried her heart out.

Heechul looked away…

“I hate to interrupt this moment…but then…we need to make a decision.” Said Taecyeon

“He’s really just like his teacher.” Said Minho. Wonbin’s branch is really good at ruining the moment.

“I said she will not go.” Said Minho

Sulli slowly pushed away from Minho.

“No Minho. I will go.” Said Sulli “Both our fathers are in danger. I will go.”

“Then I’m going with you.” Said Minho

“Me too.” Said Heechul “For sure this is a trap. They have prepared a lot of hunters to make sure Sulli doesn’t escape. You will need more hands.”

“Then that means you need us too.” Said Uee

Taecyeon nodded.

“I coming with you.” Said Naeun

“Me too.” Said Taemin

“You are right in saying that our lives will be in danger if you don’t go there. But our principles will die if you die. That is why we will fight with you.” Said Taecyeon

Sulli took a deep breath. Everyone is willing to die for her. For her cause.

“Then let’s all go.” Said Sulli

------------------------

Chanyeol and Dara quickly learned how to open the lock of the cell.

“Hunters should put more locks on their dungeon.” Said Dara

“Just be thankful that they didn’t.” said Chanyeol

They continued walking and looking for a way to get out when Chanyeol raised his arm to stop Dara.

“Why?” asked Dara

“Hush…listen.” Said Chanyeol

“Sulli is doing all right…I hope the others could convince her not to come here though. It will be too dangerous.” Said a man’s voice.

“You know Hye Kyo will lure her out, right?” said another man’s voice

“I think she already did something to do that. And I think it will be effective.” Said the first man “She threatened to kill us both if Sulli doesn’t show up. I’m sure Sulli would be on her way here already. Or perhaps already here.”

“Who are they?” asked Dara

“Strong hunters…from their smell…their scents are so…much.” Said Chanyeol

“They know Sulli.” Said Dara

“Who are you who is talking outside?” shouted the second man

“I am a demon.” Said Chanyeol “And we want to know where Sulli is.”

“We won’t tell you even if you kill us.” Said the first man “So just leave.”

“Are you…trying to protect her?” asked Chanyeol. Why would hunters protect Sulli?

“Are you here to bring her back to your clan? If you are…then yes. We will make sure you won’t get her.” Said the second man

“You are locked up…how can you still be arrogant.” Said Dara

“Because we are hunters. Hunters are arrogant.” Said the first man.

“Move aside.” Said Chanyeol towards Dara. Dara took a few steps away. And then Chanyeol tried to break the door several times.

“I told you doors won’t open that way.” Said Dara holding a needle like object and proceeded on opening the door.

When the door opened. Chanyeol saw two men. One of them is sitting on the floor, the other standing by the door. Both of their swords are drawn.

“We are not enemies.” Said Chanyeol “We are looking for Sulli because we want to fight beside her.”

“That is true” said Dara “My parents are supporters of our Male ruler in the past…that is why I want to fight beside Sulli…I just learned earlier…that Sulli’s principle is the same with my parent’s.”

Wonbin and Insung looked at each other.

---------------------

Sulli walked the Hunter family island together with Uee, Taecyeon, Heehcul, Naeun, Taemin and Minho. All the while….her heart pounding. She feels like she’s walking to her end…

Sulli took Minho’s hand and squeezed it.

Minho saw the fear in Sulli’s eyes.

“Don’t worry…I won’t let anything happen to you.” Said Minho

Sulli nodded.

They reached the family house which looked like an abandoned home. But by its entrance are standing hundreds of hunters.

Minho stood in front of Sulli.

“Stay behind me.” Said Minho

“And so you came.” Said Hye Kyo standing on the roof of the abandoned house.

“We have come here so that you release Insung and Wonbin. We came here in peace.” Said Minho

“Peace?” said Hye Kyo “You hid the demon I ordered to be killed. You were the one who broke the peace.”

“We have reasons.” Said Minho

“I gave Insung and Wonbin enough time to give me the reasons. But they chose to make me this desperate. I am no longer open for negotiation.” Said Hye Kyo “Give me Sulli.”

Minho’s eyes narrowed.

“No. I won’t give her to you. Unless you assure me she’s going to be safe.” Sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter