Insung-Wonbin Branches

THE BLOOD HUNT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*** Hi Guys, Sorry that I couldn't update more often. Thank you for continuously reading. :)

 

 

CHAPTER 31

Insung-Wonbin Branches

 

 

Insung gathered everyone from his and Wonbin’s branch.

“We need to split up. We need to cover as much area as possible. The goal is to get Sulli before any other hunter could.” Said Insung

“But that is not where the mission ends.” Said Wonbin “After taking hold of Sulli, you need to keep her safe and bring her to my branch’s home. We will then convene there on the next step because keeping her in my home will not assure her safety.”

“Now you may think the first mission of finding Sulli is the hard part.” Said Insung “But that might just be the easier part of the mission.”

Wonbin looked at everyone.

“Remember that all other hunters will try to get her from you so that  they can kill her and become stronger.” Said Wonbin “Plus, demons took her because there is something in her that interest them. That means demons will also be after her.”

“It’s like we are going to be against the world, Ladies and Gentlemen.” Said Insung “First we need to hunt an almost untraceable demon. And once we get her, It’s like we are going to run and hide none stop until we don’t know when.”

Everyone nodded.

“I hope you know this is a very complicated mission. And that may put you all in jeopardy not only on your physical well-being…but also your situation in the family. What we are about to do is against the mission the Head has ordered. Although we do not intend to rebel…it is very possible that we would be accused of rebellion once the Head finds out what we are doing.” Said Insung

“You are free to leave this group if you chose not to bear this consequence. We will let you go after your vow of confidentiality to keep everything a secret from another soul. But we will not impose on you the danger of this mission.” Said Wonbin

“We are used to complicated missions. We will not draw back.” Said Heechul

“Same as us, we will continue with the mission.” Said Taec

“Then let’s proceed.” Said Insung “We will split into groups. Heechul and Uee in one group. Taec and I will be in another. Minho and Wonbin will be in the last group.

“That’s a really cool grouping.” Said Heechul looking at Uee mischievously.

Uee raised her brow. “I don’t find it amusing though.”

Minho shook his head. This two will have a very interesting journey ahead. But right now, they need to focus on Sulli.

“It is my honour to hunt with you Master Insung.” Said Taec

Insung nodded.

Minho looked at Wonbin. Wonbin is an Elite like Insung. No doubt that his ability is extraordinary. Not to mention his unique ability to create seals. His shaman heritage is something that other hunters do not have. He has also had experience hunting the female ruler of the demon clan in the past. For sure he has an idea how to hunt Sulli.

“Let’s forget what’s in the past for now.” Said Wonbin

Minho nodded in relief. He hasn’t forgotten Wonbin’s anger when he found out Sulli was his girlfriend.

“Let’s all focus on 2 things. First, find Sulli…get her. Second is protect her. Keep her alive and bring her to safety.” Said Insung.

-----------------------

 

Sulli didn’t look back. She can’t…she needs to keep running. Or else…she’ll lose whatever little courage she has.

She needs to get out of the demon territory. That is her first step in fighting for her human blood. So she can’t look back. She needs to keep going.

Sulli ran and ran…until she’s sure she’s already miles from the temple and then suddenly she stopped.

Why is it that just a few meters from her…fog is blocking her way?

Why is there fog? And why only here?

But there is no other way…she needs to get through the fog.

What can be waiting for her there?

And the Sulli remembered. The night of her awakening and when she went to learn hunting, she also went through this fog with the others.

Does that mean I have to also get through this in order to get out of this demon place?

Sulli closed her eyes as she ran forward.

When she opened her eyes. The fog is already behind her. She saw two trees before her. She remembered them just before entering the fog that night.

So does that mean the fog is like…a gate?

Sulli shook her head. She can’t do her analysis tonight. What she needs is to run!

Sulli ran still as fast as she could. She will be safe against demons for as long as they haven’t noticed her gone. She needs this time to get far far away. But she needs to be careful…there is still danger…

Hunters…they can be just lurking around.

-----------------------

Taemin went past the fog gate and made sure the car is running in the highest speed possible. Sulli asked him to leave…that means she is entrusting the hunter to him. Sulli said she wanted to be human. She wanted to leave the demon clan home…but she chose to stay with Chanyeol just to get the hunter out. Why would Sulli even do that to a stranger she just met as her meal?

The answer is of course obvious. Sulli…deep inside her…is still human. Even if her blood has already turned demon, her heart remains human. Most awakened Demons lost their minds and will only think of feeding. Sulli is different…she could still think…she still had her sanity…and she could still take a stand.

Maybe it’s her ruler blood. Taemin heard that Sulli’s mother, the former female ruler, also had a very strong will. But then the former ruler would usually listen to her older sister, Lady Ji Hyun. Even if the former ruler has doubts, it was said that she will always heed Lady Ji Hyun’s advice.

Sulli has a decision of her own. And she follows only one thing… no advise from Demon Leaders…she only follows…her heart.

Taemin punched the steering wheel.

He used to have that kind of feeling too. That burning feeling in his chest that tells you to do something or to stop doing something. But that was a long time ago…Right now, his heart is numb. And all he does is for the clan. Whatever the Elders would say, he will follow. That’s how it was.

But n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter