A long night

THE BLOOD HUNT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 32

A long night

 

WARNING: Gory and bloody scenes ahead. Please do not proceed if you're fainthearted.

 

Sulli ran as fast as she could…she needed to get away from the demon home.

But then she smelt something powerful…blood…so much blood. Sulli tried to control herself…but then…what if a human is being slaughtered now?

Sulli ran towards the direction of the smell.

And then she halted. Just a few meters from her is a human holding a sword with shaking hands. Blood flowing from his side and his legs.

Sword…Hunter…the human is a hunter.

In front of the hunter is a woman…and by the way her eyes are glowing red, Sulli can immediately conclude that she’s a demon.

The Demon has blood all over her…but it seems she’s not wounded. She’s covered by the hunter’s blood, so fresh that blood is even dripping from her fingers.

The demon charged for an attack. The hunter dropped his sword in fear.

Sulli did not hesitate. She ran and pulled the demon from the hunter. She threw the demon far away. But when Sulli looked at the hunter, blood is uncontrollably flowing from his stomach.

“No…” Sulli tried to block the blood flowing by her hands but it was no use. Sulli knelt beside the hunter. “No…Oh no…” Sulli felt her tears flowing as she helplessly try to save the hunter.

“You…who… are you?” the hunter asked

“Please…it doesn’t matter who I am. You’re losing blood.” Said Sulli

“You’re not…a normal human.” Said the hunter

Sulli closed her eyes.

“And you don’t…smell like a demon.” Said the hunter

“Then treat me like a new being. Treat me like I’m neither.” Said Sulli

And then Sulli felt herself flying to the air. The demon threw her. Sulli felt herself going far and far away…until she felt her back hitting a large object…the impact was so hard…Sulli suddenly saw black all over…

-----------------

Insung and Taecyeon ran in the forest stopping when they see demon marks.

“Looks like the hunters are really busy.” Said Taecyeon looking at the ashes around them. “They did not even clean up after they left.”

Insung knelt by the floor and picked some grass.

“It seems they haven’t gotten far.” Said Insung

“The hunters who killed these demons?” asked Taec

“No. Minho and Wonbin.” Said Insung

“Aren’t we hunting a demon? Master Insung, don’t tell me we were trying to follow Master Wonbin and Minho?” asked Taec

“Among all of us, Minho has the best chance of finding Sulli.” Said Insung

“That’s right…he’s gifted in terms of tracking.” Said Taec

“That is why I want to stay close to them. In case they need help, I want to make sure there’s back up ready.” Said Insung

Taecyeon nodded.

----------------------

 

Sulli opened her eyes and felt pain all over her back.

What happened?

Images of her flying away appeared in her mind.

Sher looked behind her and saw a large tree. It looks like a century old one from how big it is. And it had a crack where she hit it.

Sulli tried to stand. And when she did, she remembered why she was thrown in the air.

The hunter.

Sulli ran back to the direction of the hunter but when she reached the place…the demon and the hunter was gone.

Sulli sank to the ground…her tears falling as agony enveloped her chest…

Why? Why was she so weak…Why couldn’t she stop it?

Sulli wiped her tears but new tears just flow.

And then Sulli felt footsteps behind her. Sulli slowly rose up and turned back to see a man behind her.

“You are full of blood.” Said the man

“Who are you?” asked Sulli. Sulli saw the sword on the man’s belt…hunter.

“You don’t smell like a demon….but it seems a hunter had just been slaughtered here.” Said the man

Sulli felt her heart speeding up…the hunter…is going to kill her.

“Hey don’t look so scared. I’m not gonna bite. It’s the demons that bite.” Said the hunter

The hunter walked around Sulli.

“You are not a demon because you don’t smell like one…but you…are you just human? How come you’re full of human blood all over you? Are you wounded perhaps” asked the hunter

Sulli did not answer.

The hunter got impatient, he drew his sword.

“I’m not fond of mysteries so you better answer my question.” Said the hunter

“Hey Nickhun. Stop wasting your time. Just kill her.” Said a woman who suddenly appeared a few feet from Sulli.

Sulli’s eyes narrowed.

Just kill her? When they aren’t even sure yet if she’s a demon?! Sulli looked at the woman.

“Kill me? Why will you kill me when I did nothing wrong to you?” asked Sulli

“Damage control. Since we do not know what you are, it’s better to kill you than take the risk of you killing more hunters.” Said the woman

“Krystal is right. In terms of killing a potential destructive machine, we don’t hesitate.” said Nickhun

What kind of Demon hunters are these? They are just plain…murderers…they are no different from Demons…or maybe even worse…Demons kill to feed…these hunters kill anyone…just because they suspect them to be dangerous?

Sulli felt her blood boiling. She clenched her hand with the power of fury building up inside her chest.

“You are worse than demons.” Said Sulli

Krystal’s eyes narrowed as she drew her sword.

“If you don’t kill her…I will.” Said Krystal

“Wait…can I give you first a valid reason to kill me?” asked Sulli a smile forming in the corner of her lips.

Nickhun’s eyes widened as he stared at Sulli. Her eyes starting to turn bright red, smoke is creeping out of her clenched hand.

“You’re…a demon?” asked Nickhun “But you don’t smell…”

“I don’t care if she smells like a demon or not. Seeing her like this just wants me to kill her more.” Said Krystal

“As if I’ll let you do that.” said Sulli her voice changing.

 “What can you do to stop me?” asked Krystal.

Krystal charged for an attack. She jumped and intended to land on Sulli, her sword down. But Sulli took a step forward and when Krystal landed, Sulli kicked her making Krystal fly in the air.

Nickhun then ran towards Sulli. Sulli ran towards him also and her fingers transformed into a sharp knives like objects.

Nickhun did no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter