MONK

THE BLOOD HUNT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CHAPTER 28

MONK

 

Note: I am so poor at photo shop Guys, so I would like to thank a twitter friend for the IU monk picture at the bottom. You can view her works via minsullian.tumblr.com (twitter @Minsullian). :D

WARNING: Gory and bloody scene ahead, not for the faint hearted.

 

 

Minho opened his eyes. He was still sitting on top of a tree. He fell asleep for a while. Minho looked at his watch. 2 hours. He slept for almost 2 hours. This is the longest sleep he had in a week. Minho stretched his legs and opened his bag. He took a piece of bread and took a bite. He had been roaming around the forest and the neighbouring cities, but until now there was still no sign of Sulli.

Minho took his map. He shaded the areas he has already covered. Does that mean the demons were able to go far?

Hyuna’s branch will be back in a week. He is running out of time. Miho suddenly had no urge to eat. The bread lost its appeal on him. He put the bread back in his bag and took his water tumbler. He took a sip when he heard swooshing sounds.

Minho closed his bag and closed his eyes. The swooshing sound came from the left 10 miles from where he is sitting. Minho stood up and immediately ran towards the direction of the sound.

The sound was surely a group of people going on a very fast speed. It’s surely not a group of normal humans. Are they Demons? Or Hunters? There is no demon smell.

Minho stopped by a tree, the people are going to his direction. He just needs to wait and see who they are.

And then a woman ran under his tree, followed by a man. And then a bald person followed. But just after taking a few steps from the tree, the bald person stopped.

“Come back.” Said the bald woman.

The two others went back to the bald woman.

“We are not alone.” Said the bald woman.

Minho shook his head. He just got caught.

The man looked around.

Minho landed a few feet from them.

“It’s been a long time.” Greeted Minho

“Minho, Insung’s son.” Said the bald woman.

“I didn’t know your branch will be here.” Said Minho

“We received a mission.” Said the bald woman

Minho took a deep breath.

“You haven’t changed since the last time I saw you.” Said the bald woman.

Minho had seldom seen the monk branch. And if he had a choice. He wouldn’t like to see them. Especially now.

“You are looking younger and younger.” Said Minho, a bitter taste on his mouth.

The last time he saw the monk, she looked like a 25 year old woman. Now she looked like an 18 year old girl.

“Really?” the monk touched her cheek. “Do I?”

Minho looked at the two other people. Krystal and Nickhun still looked the same as before.

“This is still within our branch’s territory.” Said Minho “That is why I would ask you to please hunt somewhere else.”

The monk smirked.

“That is not a very warm welcome.” Said the monk

“That is the rule of the family.” Said Minho “We need to abide by it to have peace.”

The monk smiled widely.

Nickhun took a step forward.

“Peace? Are you saying we are trying to make chaos by being here? The head of the family is the one who sent the mission. We are just following orders.” Said Nickhun

“I am saying that there are proper order of things. This area is under our branch. Let our branch hunt first. And when we are done, that’s when other branches should hunt.” Said Minho

Krystal’s eyes narrowed. “The head’s order overwrites that order of things.” Said Krystal

“Minho” said the monk “Are you trying to shoo us away?”

Minho clenched his hand. “Yes.” Said Minho

“Do you think you can do that alone?” asked the monk

Minho shook his head.

“I won’t be able to do that on my own against your branch.” Said Minho “That is why I am appealing to reason.”

The monk looked at the sky.

“Reason…Do you think that works on me?” asked the monk

“I heard it doesn’t.” said Minho “But being on my own right now, I needed to try.”

“You’re a brave young one.” Said the monk now looking at Minho “Insung might’ve forgotten to teach you what it is to fear.”

This monk thinks Minho has Insung beside him all the time.

The monk’s eyes glittered with a silvery color.

“I don’t want any trouble.” Said Minho

Nickhun released his sword.

“I said I don’t want trouble.” Said Minho

Krystal also drew her sword.

Minho took a deep breath. The monk was able to produce a Hyuna. Krystal and Nickhun had been with the monk for a long time. These two can’t be underestimated.

Nickhun took a step towards Minho. Minho touched the handle of his sword.

And then he smelt it, a very faint smell of a flower bud.

This is a complicated situation. Minho is itching to run towards the smell’s direction. But if he does, the monk branch will tail him. He can’t put Sulli into too much risk.

Minho drew his sword.

“But then…if you are going to push me to it, then I guess I have no choice but to fight.” Said Minho

And then Minho heard swooshing sound coming towards their direction. He knows those movements.

Minho smirked.

“It seems my back up came on time.” Said Minho

Insung landed beside Minho followed by Heechul.

Insung looked at the three people in front of Minho. Insung’s eyes slowly turned silvery.

“Were you trying to bully my son?” asked Insung

Nickhun put his sword back to his belt. Krystal did the same.

“Insung.” Greeted the monk “Do you think I am capable of bullyi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter