CHANGE THE MEETING PLACE

THE BLOOD HUNT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 33

CHANGE THE MEETING PLACE

 

Sulli punched Minho on his chest several times. But Minho did not even move. She tried several times until she felt exhausted and sank to the ground.

“I’m not talking of human hunger, Hunter. I am talking of Demon hunger…hunger to feed…hunger to kill…hunger…to eat human flesh and blood.” Said Sulli

Minho hugged Sulli and lifted her up to his chest. Sulli struggled but Minho’s arms were strong.

“I know…I know how demon hunger feels like Sulli. I know how it felt like dying every time I walk away from a human that smells so…nice to feed on.” Said Minho “I’m always in the company of Hunters… It’s like torture everyday…like I always have a big wound inside me that is just waiting to burst open.”

Sulli is confused…why will Minho understand? What is he saying?

Minho stepped back a little.

“Because I am not different form you Sulli.” Said Minho

In the corner of Minho’s eyes, red light started to appear…

“Min…ho…” Sulli felt her chest gripping in pain…her hand going up to to cover the shock that is shaking her inside and out.

And then Minho’s eyes turned bright red.

Minho…He…

He is a Demon.

Sulli took a step towards Minho.

“No…” whispered Sulli “No…”

Sulli touched Minho’s face. Tears forming in her eyes.

“No…please…don’t…don’t be like me…you can’t be like me…no…Don’t be….Please don’t be…A Demon.”

Minho saw the tears falling from Sulli’s eyes as the pain in his chest slowly turned to a warm melting feeling inside.

“That’s what I’ve been praying for every night before your blood awakened.” Said Minho “I have always wanted to stop time…just so that you won’t end up like me.”

Minho’s eyes slowly returned to normal.

“You…knew?” asked Sulli “That I could be…a demon?”

Minho slowly nodded.

“Yes…I have a gift, Sulli. I can smell sleeping demon blood.” Said Minho

“But…why didn’t you tell me?” asked Sulli

“That would only make the awakening earlier. I tried to stop it…everyone did. Insung, Heechul… Wonbin…everyone did.” Said Minho “We tried to eliminate everything around you that can awaken your blood.”

“But it still happened.” said Sulli “I guess I was fated to be a demon….I was meant to be a monster.”

“Then you are saying that I too am fated to be a monster.” Said Minho “You and I are the same, Sulli.”

“No we’re not. You are a demon…but you lived a hunter life.” Said Sulli

“That’s because I grew up as a hunter…from babe to adulthood…There is so much I have to tell you Sulli…so much you need to know. About what we are…about Us.” Said Minho

“Us? About having this demon blood that kills humans?” asked Sulli “That makes us murderers?”

“No, Us. Like that I never fooled you…that I truly loved you.” Said Minho

Sulli could not contain the emotions swirling in her chest. Minho…he saved her…protected her…

“I tried not to interrupt you young fellas.” Said a voice a few meters behind Minho. “But I think there’s a better time to talk about your romantic stuff…this night isn’t that time.”

Minho turned back and saw Wonbin.

Arrrggg! He just needed a few more minutes with Sulli.

“Don’t look at me like that kid. We have hundreds of hunters around this forest. We can stumble upon one if we are not careful.” Said Wonbin

“Who is he?” asked Sulli

“He’s also a hunter.” Said Minho

Sulli’s hands clenched and smoke is slowly coming out of it. Her eyes slowly becoming red.

Minho gently touched Sulli’s arm.

“No Sulli. He’s not going to hurt you. His branch and Insung’s branch decided to work together…to protect you.” Said Minho

“To…protect me?” Sulli released her clenched hand and then her eyes slowly went back to normal.

“What do you mean?” said Sulli “You are hunters right? You kill demons. Why will you protect a demon?”

Wonbin walked towards Sulli.

“Because you’re special as Minho said.” Said Wonbin

Wonbin was already around them during that time? Minho shook his head. Was he watching them from the beginning?

“We can’t spend too much time here convincing you to come with us Sulli. We need to move. You decide. Will you stay here and die? Or will you come with us and know what’s so special about you?” said Wonbin

Sulli closed her eyes.

The hunter called Wonbin is right. She’s already too tired. And there are a lot of hunters in the forest. She needs help.

“I’ll go with you.” Said Sulli

“Then, let’s go.” Said Wonbiin

Sulli jumped but she immediately fell to the ground. Minho was quickly beside her.

“You’re exhausted.” Said Minho

Minho pulled Sulli so that he can carry her on his back but Wonbin caught Sulli’s arm.

“What do you think you’re doing? You already carried her earlier.” Said Wonbin

Minho’s brows rose up. Is this the time to be an overly protective father?

Wonbin narrowed his eyes as if warning Minho to back off.

“Let Minho carry me please…Mr. Wonbin.” Said Sulli

Mr. Wonbin…

That’s right…Sulli doesn’t feel comfortable with him because she doesn’t know him… She doesn’t know he’s her father.

Wonbin looked away.

“Umm….Ehem…carry her then. Let’s hurry.” Said Wonbin

-------------------------

Taemin reached a small cave and brought Naeun in.

The hunter is peacefully sleeping. In the dark, Taemin could see the serenity in the hunter’s eyes.

“How can you sleep like that when you know I can just eat you anytime?” asked Taemin

Naeun slowly opened her eyes. And in her horse voice she said… “Trust.”

Naeun lifted herself up and sat beside Teamin. “ I learned that from Sulli… and You.”

Taemin looked at Naeun. The hunter looks dead tired. But she was still able to smile.

“I thought hunters hate demons.” Said Taemin

“We do…to the core. But then, I think my core is slowly changing.” Said Naeun. “And you’re part of that change.”

Taemin looked away as his heart started to beat fast.

Naeun is a hunter…though she may be more powerful and older than a normal human…she’s still human…

After all the years that humans feared him…tried to kill him...This is the first time a human was able to Trust him…Believe in him.

Taemin looked at Naeun.

“Can a demon trust a hunter?” asked Taemin

“If it’s you and Sulli…I will say yes.” Said Naeun.

Teamin nodded.

Can Demons and Hunters be together…can they stand each other…can they stop trying to kill each other?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter