Cold Hearted

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

We sat face-to-face, not saying a word. It was like whenever we were together we don't have much to say. It's like we become word-free when we're together, I wasn't use to silence. On TV, I've always been the playful one and it's true I am playful. I could feel the breeze coming in from the windows, I had no jumper on me or anything that would keep me warm, and I only had a singlet on and my pants. I looked at Soomi who was still staring at the sky, does she like admire the stars so much? Or is she used to it because she doesn't sleep at all. How long has she been on Earth for anyway? 3 days? 4 days? I'm not so sure.

 

“Jay” she spoke.

 

Her voice was so dreamy; I couldn't help but stare at her. Her eyebrows furrowed together, she bit her lip a little and stared at me scared... the guts she have to stare at me scared, shouldn't I be the one doing that?

 

“Yee?”

 

“You should head back home, it's getting really late” she continued.

 

“Nah, it's okay. I'll stay for awhile” I replied.

 

I didn't want to go home like seriously. I wanted to stay away from that dorm for as long as I can, last time I was there WW2 broke out. I'm sure the guys haven't even started cleaning the house, they will wait until I get home and use Lysel being my bestfriend as a reason for me to clean the house, I'm not ready to clean the house... I hate cleaning.

 

“What is it that you're avoiding at your dorm?”

 

“Junho and his crazy girlfriend” I replied. I wasn't sure if I should refer to Lysel as Junho's girlfriend but it was a bit weird to not call her anything at all.

 

“Junho has a girlfriend? Who else has a girlfriend in 2PM?”

 

“They are not really together, it's complicated”

 

“Ah, but you should still go home, or at least call them. Let them know you're okay” she insisted. I rolled my eyes in anger and dialed Nichkhun's number.

 

“Nichkhun~shii, I won't be home for awhile. Tell the guys not to wait up for me and please fix up the mess you guys made while I was away, I don't want to open the door with a bunch of papers and other stuff lying on the floor, ARASO?” I said and hanged up. Soomi shook her head side to side and glared at me.

 

“AISH, rude guy!” she said.

 

“I don't like talking on the phone ok and plus guys talk like that all the time” I defended myself.

 

“One person allows another to speak” she countered attack.

 

She was good at fighting back. Her come backs were better than any girl I know, better than Lysel to be honest. Who would have thought though, Park Jaebeom would be able to speak with the legendary Soomi Heo. All the girls looked up to her when she was still alive, even Lysel did. The teenagers wore her designs, from PJ's to lingerie. For the boys from baggy cool pants to totally dope t-shirts with mad graffiti and mad designs. I shivered a little when more breezes came in.

 

“Take this quilt” she said as she lifts herself off the quilt. She looked at me intently as I pull the quilt towards my way. Her body still stuck to the wall behind her, she looked cute trying to act all innocent.

 

“What is behind you?” I asked curiously as I wrap myself with the quilt, it was warm.

 

“Nothing” she said with a straight face but even so, I knew she was lying.

 

“So let me ask you a question Jay” she said changing the subject completely.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Well since we'll be working together now, I mean you'll be helping me with this whole mission thingamajig, I must know more about you and you must know more about me but I'm more interested in you more than I am with myself” she continued.

 

I was the opposite; I was more interested in me more than I was interested in her... okay, I lied.

 

“What do you want to know?”

 

She tilted her head to the side and then looked back at me.

 

“Do you have any regrets?” she asked so suddenly.

 

“We all have our fair share of regrets and mistakes, you?”

 

“I regret not being able to follow my dream as a dancer”

 

“A dancer?” I asked confused. For a girl who created a new fashion label, she doesn't seem like the type of person who enjoys music yet alone dancing.

 

“Yeah, shocked? I wanted to be a break dancer, just like you but then bloody hell I just couldn't continue anymore. My knees were stuffed and it was hard for me to continue anything like that, so when all that went to drain me and my sister started our own label. To be honest it was more of Ellie, I was just there to support her and I never knew I was talented enough to graffiti, draw and design anything at all” she explained.

 

Of course, when Ellie and I went to college together she won't shut up about clothes. They were times when she wanted to design our clothing before we debuted but I never really got the chance to see after.

 

“That was nice of you” I said.

 

“Before, you mentioned...” she stopped and thought about what she was going to say after. I waited 'till she says something; she smiled at me then continued.

 

“You mentioned a girl... is she your girlfriend?”

 

I started laughing out loud and she was looking at me like I was a freak, but then again who wouldn't, I just burst out laughing like an idiot.

 

“I don't have a girlfriend my dear, she's my bestfriend. Her name is Lyselmae and she's the one I was telling you about not long ago, you know the one with Junho?”

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

I watched as Jay continued to laugh at my stupid question, I knew I never should have asked. This guy sees me as a joke but then again I would too. He was shivering because of the breeze that kept coming in and out from the windows; I just don't get how he doesn't want to go home.

 

“What time is it?” I asked completely changing the subject.

 

“It’s almost 1. Why do you need to rest or something?”

 

“I don't but you do” I replied.

 

“These guns don't need to rest” he said while flashing his so built arms.

 

He's gotten a lot bigger, no wonder he doesn't grow, he carries a lot of weights. He continued to flash those beautiful, strong arms of his; ego over the roof again. Jeez, this guy.

 

“What about you Soomi, did you ever have a boyfriend?” he asked keeping me off guard. Should I lie? Should I not? He's been pretty honest with me for the last couple of hours and I'm pretty impress, for a guy who doesn't really open up to anyone, he opens up to me pretty well.

 

“No, I had a few admirers but no one really caught my eye”

 

“Picky?”

 

“No, not really I guess just never the right one. Some of them were in it for the money, some were really annoying, some were so in love with themselves so basically most of them were idiots who doesn't care about what I want and what I need”

 

“You're pretty young too, I'm sorry you didn't get the chance to have a boyfriend” he said sincerely. What is up with this guy?

 

“You? Ever had a girlfriend?”

 

“Yeah I did when I was in Seattle. I was in a relationship once or twice but it wasn't like a hardcore serious relationship, I use to just play around”

 

“I missed Seattle” I said suddenly.

 

“You've been there?”

 

“I lived there for awhile near that Korean Presbyterian Church; I used to live near you”

 

“You really are a stalker” he said and chuckled.

 

“I told you, I just happen to be where you are. So you never really had a real relationship with someone?”

 

“No but there was this one girl and I loved her dearly but some things are just not meant to be, this world can be a little unfair” he said as he closed his eyes. I watched as pain takes over him, AISH me and my big mouth but I was interested in it all. I was interested in him and his life; you only get to talk to Park Jaebeom once in your lifetime you know.

 

“May I ask what happened?”

 

He hesitated a little but then he smiled.

 

“She just left and ever since then I never looked for anyone else”

 

“Left?”

 

“Let's just say she's not coming back” he said and closed his eyes again.

 

Not coming back? Did she... die just like me?

 

The cold hearted Jaebeom is not so cold hearted after all, he just need love in his life so the fire that had died down will again burn for passion and for love. Minutes later he fell asleep, I watched as the beautiful face of Jay finally finds peace. I floated over to his said and landed a kiss on his forehead.

 

“I'll be back for you in the morning!” I whispered and floated away.