One Heart

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

Before we gathered for dinner, Jae Yeon pulled Wooyoung away from the crowd. Soomi sat next to me with the biggest smile on her face. I was guessing she had a great time playing cupid without me. To be honest, I wasn't up for the whole cupid thing. I'm amazed that she did a good job in little time.

 

“Well done dear” I praised her.

 

“I didn't need my boyfriend to help me” she teased.

 

“I'm sorry, I wasn't up for it” I told her.

 

“Should have said so in the first place”

 

“You never would have accepted it” I told her. She just nodded her head then took a piece of the grapes that was laid out on the table. Everyone seemed to be alive again, Taecyeon was with Eunhee discussing about some stuff who knows what. Chansung and Junho was just sitting there eating, Junsu was on the phone and Nichkhun was nowhere to be found which worried me a little because Jaemin hasn't said a word all day and she was missing too.

 

“Go find her” Soomi told me.

 

“Dinner's about to start”

 

“Diner can wait, Jaemin's more important” She said then smiled. At that moment I knew what I had to do, I had to find my cousin and help her with whatever problem she was facing.

 

First place I went to was her room, maybe she was there drowning herself with tears but she wasn't. I tried calling her phone but surprisingly it was turned off. I couldn't do anything so I just walked around the hotel until I saw her leaning against a poll, with her hands around her legs, her head against the poll and I could hear her crying.

 

Suddenly my 'cousin-saving-time' senses came to life.

 

My speed increased going towards her, I ended up next to her and pulling her into a hug. The tears didn't stop nor did she push me away, she instead allowed me to hug her and cried her hearts out onto my chest.

 

I didn't know what to say or if I should actually say something. I could feel it in her cry that her heart was not intact with her whole system, it was gone and was with someone else; someone else being Khun.

 

I waited 'till she was sober again.

 

She looked at me before completely wiping her tears away and going back to the same position she was on. She gave me a pale smile then looked straight ahead at the black horizon. I still kept my mouth shut; I didn't want to make things worse.

 

“Why does it hurt?” She asked me so suddenly.

 

I wanted to give her an answer, anything besides 'I don't know' but I couldn't. I wanted her to know an answer besides 'I don't know' but she didn't, I ended up saying I don't know. She laughed at me then sighed so loud.

 

“You've never been really good at these sort of stuff, you know that Jay. You've always been so into your own world that you forget there's a world out there. You've always been about taking care of Auntie and you forget about what you want” She burst out without pausing.

 

“Min, I am not the issue here” I reminded her.

 

“I know but I guess I didn't want you to know about how I feel” she answered.

 

“Why not?”

 

“I don't deserve to ruin your happiness, in fact no one does. You're happy Jay and I'm not, I don't want to drag you down with me. I don't want you to feel like you need to be there for me because you don't. I can take care of myself and I can definitely solve this with Khun” she explained.

 

The idiot.

 

Wasn't she the one who said; “We're cousins, we're suppose to have each other s back”.

 

“You're so dramatic. SPILL, what's up with you and Khun?”

 

“Nothing, that's why I'm like this; I full confessed to him about how I feel and he tells me that you know “we'll get there” and for my life sake's I feel like we are not moving anywhere.” She stated.

 

“Khun had a tough run, I mean he was in love with a girl he hardly knew then suddenly she died just like that. They didn't even get to meet again, and to be honest with you Taecyeon was in love with her too”

 

“I know. But Jay, I'm here. He can touch me, he can hear me, he can talk to me and I would answer back but why can't he just let her go?”

 

She had a point with every word she said. She was here and she was ready to be there for Khun and she was ready to give him everything he asks for.

 

“He'll come around, if he said you two will get there... You will” I told her and pulled her into a hug.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

I knew Jay wasn't coming back anytime sooner because Jaemin wasn't around yet. Khun wasn't back as well but I can see him sitting down on the sands while listening to the waves as they hit the rocks. I wasn't up for eating, maybe because I wasn't use to eating anymore. I did survive 5 months without food you know. I excused myself from everyone else who have already started dinner and headed towards Nichkhun.

 

Before fully approaching him, I had to see if it was safe to sit next to him without freaking him out or without causing any commotion. After a few minutes of channeling his feelings, I sensed I was safe to go. I sat down next to him slowly without saying anything, I don't think he even knew I was next to him because he didn't even move one bit.

 

Listening to Khun's heartbeat was a bit disturbing, not because of the fact it was beating abnormally but because my heart was also beating the same time as his. I never really thought this will ever be possible but what do you know, our hearts are beating the same time.

 

“Hey” I started. He looked at me, smiled then said ‘Hey’.

 

He was such a cute boy, no wonder Jay love Khun the most out of all the other members. Our first impression of this boy was the same, just by looking at his face; we already knew he was the caring/loving type of person.

 

“Where's Jay?” He suddenly asked in English.

 

“He's with Jaemin, sorting her out” I said then he just released a pale smile.

 

“Are you two alright?” I asked in English because it seemed like he was comfortable in speaking in English than talking to me in Korean. He shook his head then sighed.

 

“I know it is none of my business but Jay told me a lot of stories about the both of you and whenever he talks about how in love Jaemin is with you, I feel so envious all the time. I don't see any reason why you two shouldn't give it a try, I mean you're single and she's in love with you. There's nothing to be afraid of.” I told him, not mentioning the fact that he was in love with 'Me' if you know what I mean.

 

“I know she's been in love with me but I don't want to force myself into falling in love with her because she deserves so much better than a forced love.” He answered genuinely.

 

“Is that the only reason why?” I asked.

 

“Jay told you, didn't he?” He asked me. I nodded my head then he chuckled. He laid his back down on the sand then stared at the sky this time. He had that smile on, the smile that he had on when we first bumped into each other back in the days. Tonight Nichkhun is just Nichkhun; the simple boy with a beautiful heart.

 

“Yeah, well, she's another reason” He continued.

 

“I know it’s ridiculous of me to be holding on when it's already been 5 months but the thing is I told her 'I love her' which was a bit crazy because I hardly knew her and now Jay told me that her sister's the one who wrote back to every letter I sent, meaning she also saw my love for Soomi” He said right after.

 

If I was eating something I would have choked right after he told me that he said 'I love you' to me. You don't always get the opportunity to be told 'I love you' by Khun you know, it's shocking to be honest.

 

“How do you feel about Jaemin?” I asked him not making eye-contact because I already knew what he was going to say, I waited though. He chuckled at first then he told me the same thing he said to Jaemin on the day Jaemin confessed to him.

 

“If I had to pick a girl from all the other girls I know even from the celebrities, I will definitely pick her. We connect in ways no one could ever understand” - That line.

 

“Then give it a chance” I told him. He stood up then and I could feel him staring at me.

 

 

“I don't know much about love like other older people out there because Jay is like my first boyfriend but I do know that sometimes to be able to fall in love you have to accept what's in front of you and forget about what happened in the past. The past will always be there but sometimes it’s better to look back on them with someone next to you, someone who would say something like; “It's okay, that happened a long time ago; you're different now”. Something like that is good, it helps you look back on you past and not be affected by it.” I lectured him then took a deep breath before continuing.

 

“I'm not asking you to go crazy and you know find Jaemin now and tell her you love her, all I'm trying to do is to make you see that we only have one heart. And for that reason one person should only be in it. If you choose one the other will get hurt but in your case Khun only Jaemin will get hurt. Soomi is gone, Jaemin's not. You can talk to Jaemin but not Soomi. You can depend on Jaemin but you can't on Soomi. Don't let someone like Jaemin slide away from your life, start something with her then along the way build love with her. You're lucky she waited for so long but you know Jaemin gets tired too and she only have one heart too and you happen to be the one in it.” I continued.

 

His heartbeat changed and his face also changed. It's like I touched his soul and now he's awake from all the pain he was feeling. It's like he doesn't want to be numb anymore which was a good sign for Jaemin of course.

 

“Thank you, you helped a lot” He told me then gave me a quick hug.

 

“I don't know where Jay found you but I'm glad he did” he said after letting me go. He stood up from he was sitting then he asked me if I wanted to go with him, I shook my head and told him I wanted to stay out there for awhile.

 

“I'll tell Jay you're here” he told me before going away.

 

'One heart and Jay stole my mine away'.