5 Steps

Ghost Love

 

[Soomi]

 

The day ended with Eunhee's face marked with Lysel's hand print. It ended with Jaemin plotting revenge on Eunhee and the boys laying on the floor sweating like there's no tomorrow. The heated tension between the girls will not die anytime sooner, it was like a never ending problem.

 

Jae Yeon and Wooyoung were at the far end of the corner talking about some random stuff. Wooyoung was trying to find a way to tell Jae Yeon how he feels about her but couldn't because Jae Yeon once said that no matter what happens work always comes first. Wooyoung had that fear... the fear of not being able to hold her with both his arms. He was scared that if he takes this opportunity she'll choose work over him no matter what, that is why he's like this... taking a different route to get to where he wants to be.

 

Lysel and Junho didn't come back to the practice room anymore. They might have been discussing a lot of things. Sunye hasn't visited me either, I want to go visit Fate but I can't seem to leave Jay even for one second. The thought of him being far away from me scares me the most, it's like I'm never going to see him.

 

“Retard” I heard a familiar voice called. I looked above and saw Fate coming down from the roof, what a freaky girl. She smiled at me before taking the empty spot next to me.

 

“About time you visit” I told her.

 

“Look who's talking” she backfired.

 

“How's Eunmi?” I asked.

 

Fate's body tensed just like a normal human being would. She paused for a minute before answering then she smiled. She tilted her head towards my way then sighed. I couldn't read any of her expressions it's like she's trying her best to not tell me anything.

 

“She's going to be alright, her family in this world is just having some problems and she's watching over them but she'll be fine, nothing to worry about” She replied while winking at me.

 

“Give her my love araso?”

 

“MWOH? You hate Eunmi” she teased.

 

“Aniya. It's not like that, it's just that during those time she got on my nerves but I never knew that I would miss her, all her nagging and stuff” I replied. She laughed at me then laid her head on my shoulders.

 

I was shock by her sudden move.

 

 I stayed still in the same position waiting for the right time to ask her what was wrong but instead she just sighed and moved away. She smiled at me then she stared at Jay. I was as confused as an animal when humans talk to them and don't know what the hell they are on about.

 

“He's the one for you, did you know?” She suddenly said without breaking her look from Jay. I stared at Jay who had his eyes closed while flooding the floor with his sweat.

 

“No” I answered hesitantly. A part of me says that Jay is the one for me because seriously I wouldn't have another chance to fall in love and we all know the reason why. The remaining part prevents me from holding onto the fact that he's the one for me because I know how this story is going to end.

 

“Well he is” she answered.

 

“Why are you telling me this?” I asked her curiously.

 

“Thought you'd like to know, he loves you for real you know” she continued.

 

“I know I can see through him. I love him just the same” I told her.

 

“But it's hard to love him right?”

 

“Fate, I don't want to be discussing about this. I love Jay and he loves me that much I know”

 

“That's true. I'll be going now, Eunmi told me to let you know that it's better if you stay away from soul land for now. The higher power found out about your situation and well they are pretty pissed but they are calming down now so just stay here for awhile okay?” She warned me.

 

Now I realised what Eunmi's been up to and why I've been assigned to have another guardian. Eunmi had been fired because I disobeyed her and now the higher power got angry at me, Eunmi is getting punished because of me.

 

“Well just give her my love okay?” I told her before disappearing into thin air. A few seconds after I became quiet, a smile formed quickly on Jay's face. He stood up and stretched a little.

 

“That's all for today guys, let's all meet up again tomorrow so we can discuss our schedules with Jaemin. Go get yourself cleaned up and I'll meet you guys at the dorm, we will be cooking today!” Jay said. The boys lazily stood up and started heading out of the practice room. Jae Yeon, Jaemin and Wooyoung followed right after. Eunhee was about to follow but Jay held onto her wrist. She stared at Jay confused; the hand mark Lysel left on Eunhee's face was still visible but somehow fading already.

 

“I don't mind if you keep pissing me and Jaemin off but you leave Junho and Lysel alone because I am telling you if you hurt my best friend again, I will tell Jin Young Hyung that you have been harassing the workers, I could get you fired. I suggest you back off, hands off my best friend and her boyfriend” Jay warned and let her go.

 

Eunhee's burning eyes locked with Jays' then she said “Thanks for letting me know that you're affected... Keep your heart safe Jay, it won't always be together”.

 

She walked away from Jay leaving him in confusion, also leaving me in confusion. I quickly made my way to where Jay was and held onto his hand. He was burning again but I wasn't sure if it was his temperature or he was just angry but whatever it is he's not going to be alright in this state.

 

“Gwenchana?” I asked him softly.

 

I got nothing in return but one of his smiles. He wrapped his arms around me so suddenly and whispered 'I love you' softly against my ear. It wasn't the first time I heard him say it of course but for some reason it gave me that feeling – the feeling that I was actually in love; it was weird.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Jay]

 

“I think we should wait until Lysel and Junho gets back” I suggested as soon as we finished preparing all the food.

 

“Uh – I don't think that's necessary” Taecyeon said as he enters the kitchen while holding onto his phone.

 

“Junho said he's been trying to call you but you won't pick up. He said Lysel and him will be out for awhile. Apparently Lysel's still angry and he doesn't want to spark another fight.” Taecyeon continued as he takes a seat next to Jae Yeon.

 

Jaemin was with Nichkhun out for the night to talk about her little confession and his little ‘I'm not ready’ speech. Junsu was on the other side of Jae Yeon, Wooyoung was next to me not saying anything; scared that’s what Mi told me. Chansung was on the other side of Wooyoung munching one of his bananas again.

 

“So much for cooking a lot then” I said.

 

“More for me then” Taecyeon joked.

 

-

 

After dinner was over we all gathered around the living room, lazy like always after every practice. Mi was just hanging around us like always, pacing herself back and forth; it didn't bother anyone besides me of course.

 

'Babe, what's wrong?' I asked her.

 

“Nothing, just thinking” she replied but I knew she was lying but I just can't put my finger on what she was worried about.

 

'You can tell me anything'

 

“I know but there's nothing wrong, seriously” she said and I saw a smile formed on her face.

 

“Hyung?” I heard Chansung asked. I quickly turn my head towards him and he was looking at me dumbfounded while he holds onto another banana, this guy is too addicted.

 

“What's with you?” He asked.

 

“Nothing, why?”

 

“You seem so occupied and you were just staring at one thing” he explained.

 

“Oh I was just thinking about today. I haven't seen Lysel threat anyone like that before, she's always been the calm one between us. I would always be the one fighting with someone and she'll be apologizing; I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm worried about her” I said. It wasn't a complete lie, though I wasn't thinking of Lysel or was worrying about her; I thought about it before at the practice room.

 

“She's a tough kid, she'll be fine Hyung” Junsu said with a smile.

 

Lysel grew onto the guys. They viewed her as the only girl who could stand me and who could make me say 'I'm Sorry' even though I wasn't at fault. They always told me that if Lysel and I were to end up together I would be one of those husbands who are afraid of their wife; it was true though. I was afraid of my best friend; she was like the mother I left back in Seattle, only difference is my mother wasn't as scary as her.

 

“I guess she is” I told them.

 

“Oppa” I heard Jae Yeon's sweet voice asked. I looked her way and she was smiling.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I know this might be irrelevant to what you guys have been discussing about but I have been wondering if you knew about the 5 steps” She said.

 

“Lysel told you?” I asked her.

 

“Yeah, she mentioned it but never really got to explain it. I got so curious about it so I thought I'd ask you” she explained. Her eyes along with the boys' eyes focused on me even Mi was interested in hearing what the 5 steps are.

 

“Alright, the 5 steps is something Lysel and I made up back when we were still in Seattle. We were talking about love back in those days then we made up these 5 steps” I explained to me.

 

“What are the 5 steps?” Wooyoung asked like his life depended on it.

 

“Step 1: Goal Setting. Why do you want to fall in love? Is it because everyone else is or is it because you think that if you don't fall in love now you won’t ever fall in love?” I asked them.

 

“It's because I think if I don't fall in love now I will never fall in love” Taecyeon answered.

 

“Wrong. Your goal setting should be about you, should be about what you wanted not because you feel like it. Once you're ready to fall in love wait for the right person to sweep you off your feet” I replied.

 

“Number 2?” Wooyoung asked again.

 

“Step 2: Start Today. Start opening your hearts today, it doesn't have to be in a relationship, it can be for friendship or just acquaintance relationship stuff”

 

“3?” Jae Yeon asked this time.

 

“Step 3: No Shortcuts; in love you can't have shortcuts. You shouldn't have shortcuts. No matter what happens you should always face those situations that comes your way together with your partner, don't make excuses” I answered.

 

“Step 4: Inspiration. I don't know why inspiration is here but it is. I guess it's because if you're not inspired you won't fall in love. Like in step 1 you won't get to move onto step 2 without having a goal setting” I explained.

 

“Final step?” Junsu said.

 

“Step 5 is to be happy. No matter what the outcome is you have to be happy. If you can't then maybe you need to repeat step 1 again. It's going to take awhile but you know that it's all going to be worth it” I said.

 

“Does this work?” Wooyoung asked. I smiled at how interested Wooyoung is.

 

“I don't know why do you want to try it?” I asked playfully. His cheeks turned into like a tomato. He was embarrassed which made him look more innocent; got to love Wooyoung.

 

“5 Steps to falling in love” Jae Yeon said then grinned.

 

“WAEYO?!” Wooyoung suddenly said.

 

“Nothing” she replied innocently.

 

“Dongsae you got someone in mind?” Taecyeon asked.

 

“Maybe” she said then stood up walking away from me and the boys.

 

“Could be you Woo” Junsu teased.

 

“Right! Like I want to be with her” Woo denied.

 

“Shut up and try the 5 steps already” I told him and he just pouted.