We'll Get There

Ghost Love

 

[Jaemin]

 

I was embarrassed as hell when Khun asked me out. I knew what we will be talking about; I mean come on who doesn't know. We walked down the shops to have some pizza for tonight, for some unknown reason we craved pizza.

 

“There's a newly opened pizza place a couple of blocks from here” I informed him.

 

“Oh, serious?” He said shocked.

 

That's what he gets for not coming out of the dorm often. I nodded my head then pulled him the other way to walk around the block. It was so awkward between us; it was like we can't talk to each other anymore. I stared at him and he walks side by side with me.

 

Staring at him made me wonder why I did like this guy. I know he's good looking and all but there was something else about him that lures me in every time I look at him.

 

Maybe it's those cute cheeks of his, the cheeks everyone refers to as being chubby but in reality it's not even close. It's just the camera just focus on his face too much. What about those lips? Those small red lips that half of the girls wants to get a hold of. Whatever it is that made me fall in love with him, I'm glad I noticed it.

 

I was too busy staring at him and I didn't see a puddle right in front of me, I was too late to realise it; I stomped onto the puddle causing my jeans to soak. I quickly stepped out of the puddle and Khun quickly sat me by some stairs.

 

“Not looking at where you were going?” He asked. I nodded my head then he smiled. I couldn't breathe just seeing him smile, imagine when he laughs; I'd probably die.

 

I was embarrassed, who wouldn't be right? You just soaked yourself because you were too busy trying to figure out what you've liked about this guy. Thank God it was night because if it wasn't I would be more embarrassed. I may appear like a strong and tough girl, in the end of the day I'm still a girl.

 

I opened my side bag and searched for my extra shorts inside. I finally found it, my black mini shorts with a white belt with my initials on the buckle.

 

“I think I can use this” I told him while holding the shorts to his face.

 

“Are you kidding me? It's freezing right now” he told me.

 

“I'm not cold to be honest” I lied. To be honest I was freezing cold, I only had my singlet on and well my soaked pants and gladiators on. I insisted on wearing my shorts though, I didn't want to embarrass Khun while we eat pizza.

 

“Come on, the shops might close and plus I might get sick wearing these pants” I told him then stood up.

 

 I started walking away but I could tell he wasn't following. I turned back around and found him smiling at me from afar. I lifted my left eyebrow and stared at him for about 1 minute. He finally decided to come my way, he stopped a few inches from me then he leaned forward leaving a gap in between our faces; he smiled then said “Ahrumdawoh”. I stood frozen as he walks away from me. A car honking pulled me back to reality. I quickly turned around and followed just behind him with the biggest smile on my face.

 

-

 

“Are you sure you aren't cold with those shorts on?” He asked me as soon as I came out from the toilet. DUH! Of course I'm cold but for you, I can bare it.

 

“Yeah I'm sure. Jeez it's not like it’s snowing outside” I told him causing him to roll his eyes. Then I remembered what he said to me before we reached this pizza shop, I felt my cheeks burning... blushing is that what they call it?

 

“So what do you want?” He asked politely.

 

I grabbed the menu off him and started browsing through the menu.

 

“I'll have meat lovers’ pizza with orange juice” I told the waiter who appeared next to me out of the blue.

 

“We'll have a whole box of meat lovers take away and one orange juice and water, thank you” Khun said to the waiter. I waited 'till the waiter was out of sight before I talked to Khun.

 

“Take away?”

 

“If you haven't noticed everyone in this place is starring at us and it's awkward to be eating with them staring at us” he informed me. I looked around a little, so that people won't notice that I was eyeing them. And he was right, almost everyone in the pizza shop we're staring. I turned back around and buried myself a little inside the chair releasing the biggest sigh. Is this how it’s always going to be whenever I'm with Khun? Not only my eyes will be focused on him but also theirs?

 

I was in my deep question asking when a girl stood by Khun. I quickly slid back up bowing my head towards her. She did the same and so did Nichkhun.

 

“Sunbae, can I get an autograph?” She asked politely. Her face was white like it’s been slapped with a thousand foundation but she was pretty no denying. Her hair was just above the shoulder, she had a dimple on her left cheek; she was tall too.

 

She was wearing baggy jeans and baggy T-shirt – a hip hop dancer I'm guessing. She was like a goddess who dropped down to heaven just to make me feel insecure. I pouted my lips when I saw Khun signing her book happily.

 

“Name?” He asked.

 

 

“Lim Sophie” she replied with her soft voice.

 

“Here you go, have a good night” Khun said and handed the notebook back to her. She squeaked in happiness and headed back to her table. I smiled a little at Khun then looked away.

 

. . .

 

“You've been awfully quiet ever since we left that shop” he told me while I shove another pizza in my mouth. We were out at the park now, the wind wasn't that cold anymore which I love because I would have froze to death.

 

“Oh nothing” I answered. I didn't even know if that made sense but that's what I said.

 

“Is it because of that...” he paused midway then said Sophie's name. I shook my head straight away then sipped some of my juice.

 

“Then what it is?”

 

“It's just that... Well is it going to be like that all the time whenever we go out? Like girls will come up to you and they will ask for your autograph while I stand at the side waiting for you. For example, if we sit at a place crowded, do I always have to worry about those people staring at us?” I answered honestly.

 

“Is that what you're thinking?” He asked me. I nodded my head and offered him another pizza.

 

“It is hard isn't it?”

 

“What?”

 

“Being with me” he said.

 

“I didn't mean it like that... it's just that I'm afraid we won't be normal whenever we're together” I told him sounding like I was his girlfriend or something. 

 

“That's the thing Jae, I'm not normal. We're not going to be normal and I'm scared because...” he said pausing. He then placed the pizza back in the box; he took a deep breath and continued.

 

“I'm scared that maybe because of me, not being normal, you might get hurt”

 

I was speechless.

 

I almost choke on my pizza.

 

I quickly picked up my juice and sipped the rest of the liquid inside it. I held onto my legs then stared at him.

 

“I'll be fine you know. I'm tougher than you think” I said to him just to ease his worries.

 

“That's another thing, you're stubborn” he pointed out.

 

“Oh thanks” I replied sarcastically.

 

“I'm being serious though, you're the most stubborn girl I have ever known. It's like you don't want to listen to anyone...”

 

“I'll listen to you” I said cutting him off. He smiled then shook his head.

 

“PABO! I'm just scared you know”

 

“There's nothing to be afraid of, it's not like I'm asking you to jump in front of a bullet for me...” I was going to continue but he cut me off mid-way.

 

“But that's the thing, I actually would” He cut off. My jaws dropped and I felt myself shivered. What the hell is wrong with this guy?

 

 

“I really would jump in front of a bullet for you” he repeated like I haven't heard it the first time.

 

“Nichkhun” I started.

“We're not in a relationship darling so you won't need to jump in front of a bullet for me and plus why the hell are we discussing about this? Shouldn't we be talking about what I said at the dorm?” I continued.

 

“We are discussing it” he said.

 

“No, we are not. We're discussing about jumping in front of a bullet” I said stubbornly.

 

“Yeah it's part of what I feel” he suddenly said then laid down the grass.

 

He always leaves me speechless. I stared at him as he looks up the stars, I saw him contemplating but I don't know about what. I adjusted myself so that I would lean against the tree.

 

“You know Jaemin, I fell in love too” he started.

 

Of course I knew about it. It was that girl him and Taecyeon were chasing after without them knowing. I only found out because I was curious.

 

“It's Soomi right?”

 

“Yeah, I really didn't know how a stranger can fall for another stranger, it's really weird. She's been gone for 5 months now but for some reason I feel like I just lost her yesterday. I didn't even get to meet her and now I found out from Jay~Hyung that she never got to read any of my letters.” He said so sincere.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Let's just say, the sister couldn't give it to her”

 

 

“Ah” was all I could say. I closed my eyes while I leaned against the tree. I could feel the wind getting colder and colder by the second. I grabbed my bag and put it on top of my legs.

 

I saw Khun taking off his jacket when I opened my eyes again. He pulled the bag off my legs then placed his jacket over my lap. He then sat next to me and wrapped his arms around my shoulder. He placed my head safely on his shoulder and all I could do is smile.

 

“I said I love you to her...” he said.

“But we'll get there too... Trust me we'll get there, will you wait?” he continued.

 

I chuckled a little and whispered “Of course”.