Drama Play

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

Arriving at JYP Building wasn't the same feeling as before. We all know there's a difference, I probably won't be here for long so the atmosphere changed. Khun and I didn't talk much while on the way back, he was as shocked as I was for what had happened but we can't do anything about it, this is how everything works out.

 

We arrived at our dorm and it was silent. It was like “Dawn of the dead” silence. We walked inside and found no one in the living room, I guess everyone's in their own rooms. I told Nichkhun I was going to head to bed, he said “Okay” and walked towards his room. I waited until I heard his door shut before I walked back out the dorm. I silently locked the front door and headed towards JYP's office.

 

I walked the empty hallway; the sound of my feet was synchronizing with the beat of my heart. The silence was definitely deafening, I would probably feel this way for a very long time. My destination was certain, as much as I wanted to turn left or right to run away, I could never do so. Picturing the face of Soomi's angry face already makes me shiver from the top of my spine to the bottom.

 

After walking feeling like it has been forever, I reached his office. I knocked once wishing he's not there so I can escape this reality even for just a couple hours but I heard his voice instructing me to walk inside. There were a couple more voices that seemed so familiar to me but I couldn't put my finger on it. I hold the doorknob and slowly twisted it, and then I heard the 'click' sound letting me know it was open. My whole reality snapped back right in front of me when all their eyes set on me.

 

Jin Young hyung was sitting behind his desk; in front of him were Eunhee and Taecyeon... So they were the familiar voices I was hearing.

 

I took a sit on the right hand of Taecyeon and Eunhee. I don't know what to feel right now because for a second of my life I doubted Soomi's theory that Taecyeon and Eunhee were behind this whole conspiracy, looking at them now is making me think twice.

 

I know it was wrong of me to doubt Soomi but Taecyeon and I have been friends since I came to Korea and he's been good to me. So it was a bit hard for me to believe that he would actually help someone like Eunhee to do something this horrible. I thought we were friends – brothers.

 

Taecyeon and Eunhee excused themselves and left, leaving me and Hyung staring at each other. I couldn't read his face clearly; maybe I didn't want to read his face, I was so afraid to hear what I already know. This whole time all I wanted to do was escape from all of it. Sometimes dreams are so much better than reality, at least in dreams if something bad happens, you know you'll wake up and realise it was all a dream. And with reality, there's no waking up; there's just getting hurt, getting back up, moving forward and starting anew. See, this is why most people tend to dream than face reality.

 

“Have you thought about any of this?” He started. To be honest, I haven't thought about any of it at all, I mean, all I wanted to do was stay with Soomi and never separate from her.

 

“No” I answered delayed.

 

“And I can already see where you want this whole thing to go, I know it's going to end ugly so please, just get on with it and end my misery” I continued without pausing and without making eye-contact with him.

 

“Jaebum, I know this is hard for you and I know it will be harder from here on out but this is the only way the board wants to settle this matter. Like I already said you have to stay away from your girlfriend... for now, we don't want more media involved in the matter, although we know almost all the media out there are writing/reporting about you already.”

 

“Yeah? And what happens next?”

 

“2PM will stay on the low for awhile until this matter is settled, all the interviews, CF's and other schedules you boys have had been cancelled, the board of directors have agreed to do because they reckon it is for the best”

 

With that I agree.

 

I didn't want to boys to suffer for something I said back when I was an immature brat. This was my fight, the fight I have to face all by myself. Well not literally because I know somewhere along this line of suffering and pain Mi will hold onto me and save me from of it all.

 

“Yes, anything else I should know about before I go on facing this whole thing tomorrow morning?” I asked

 

“We'll discuss more of this when we need to, for now go back to your dorm and sleep try to sleep through this night.” He replied back.

 

I nodded my head and stood up.

 

My energy must have drained since yesterday. It has been such a shocking and tiring day. I headed for the door, before I could completely walk out the door I heard Hyung say “I'm sorry”.

 

“Me too” I mumbled then locked the door.

 

.

After meeting with Hyung I went straight to the rooftop, I don't think I can sleep with all these stress going on right now. I sat by the chair while leaning against the wall, I reached for my phone in my pocket and dialed Mi's number.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

“You should go to bed Soomi” Lysel told me. I sat on top of the window of our room staring at the sky waiting for Jay to call me. I just know he'll call me, just got to be patient.

 

“You saw it coming didn't you?” She continued while yawning. I was about to answer when my phone rang, I smiled widely when I saw Jay's name appearing on the screen.

 

“Hold on that thought” I told her and walked out of the room into the lounge room. I pressed the 'answer' button on my phone and waited to hear Jay's voice.

 

“Hey babe” He started.

 

I knew he wasn't feeling any better. This boy of mine is about to burst into tears and I wouldn't let that happen.

 

“You're up so early” I started like I didn't already know he's awake.

 

“Yeah, I don't think I'd be able to sleep through all these” He replied honestly. I wish there was something I could say to actually take all his pain away but obviously there's nothing left for me to do than just breathe for him.

 

“It happened all too quickly right?”

 

“Yes babe, way too quickly...”

 

“Don't worry Jay, in every dark and hurtful day, there's always a light that would shine and make you realise that some things happen for the better” I said trying to make him feel like everything was going to be alright even if I didn't know they will.

 

“Thanks Mi... We'll go through it together right?”

 

“You bet we will” I replied and heard him chuckle but it wasn't his usual chuckle, I know he was already crying but was trying his best to not crack while talking to me.

 

“You have to stay strong for me babe. You have to stay strong for you and the rest of the members. You have to stay strong for your mum, your family and the rest of your friends back in Seattle. You can cry but don't let that take your happiness away. I know this is a lot to take in right now but know that there are people who loves you and are willing to help you get through whatever it is you will go through, alright?” And with that I heard him sobbing.

 

Well done Soomi Heo, that's the way to comfort the boyfriend who's on the verge of crying.

 

“What are you thinking Jay?”

 

“To be honest, I don't know” he replied in between his sobs but just enough for me to understand.

 

“Think of it this way... Think of it like a drama play” I told him.

 

“A drama play?” He asked confused.

 

“Yes baby, a drama play. You're the main character who has to go through all these, Eunhee and Taecyeon are the evil characters trying to bring you down. Obviously I'm the woman who loves you and will never leave your side. JYPE's just a bunch of rubbish, haha, while 2PM's the brothers who will support and be there for you no matter what happens. It's all just a drama play Jay, in the end, the main character eventually finds a new road to travel to and live life like none of this ever happened” I explained to him.

 

“Life sometimes works that way, huh?”

 

“Hmm”

“No matter where this life takes us, know that there's a reason. But I want you to know that I don't regret being part of this drama play” I told him then chuckled a little.

 

“It always makes me feel less scared and confused whenever I hear words like that come out from your mouth Mi, thanks a lot. I know it is hard for you to pretend that you're actually not hurting and I'm sorry that you have to be the one keeping us together... But know that I love you always”

 

“PSCH, I love you too. Go get some sleep; I'll talk to you real soon.” I told him.

 

Before I hanged up, he mumbled the following words;

 

“I wish you could stay by me forever” followed by the beeping sound of a dead line. Tears gushed out of my eyes, I cried out loud and that's literal. I could hear my voice bouncing off the walls of the quiet dorm, next thing I know Lysel was next to me hushing me down.

 

'Life can be a drama play' – I thought to myself.