1 month, 10 days

Ghost Love

 

[Soomi]

 

I was sitting on the edge of the tree house when I heard Jay yawned so loud. I turned around and found him stretching and cracking his neck while yawning. So this is how Park Jaebeom looks like in the morning. He looks so cute, like a lost puppy waking up without the mother next to him, I wanted to pinch his cheeks.

 

“Morning” I greeted.

 

“Why didn't you wake me up?” he asked so coldly.

 

“You looked tired. You should go back home, so you could eat. I'll see you again later on” I said but he shook his head.

 

“Come with me, I don't have any plans today anyway. You can stay at the dorm with me”

 

“Wae?”

 

“I don't want you to be alone, just come it'll be fun. You get to see 2PM showering” he joked and winked at me.

 

He doesn't want me to be alone? I've been alone for 5 months, it's not really something new to me but I smiled at him and nodded my head.

 

. . . . .

 

We arrived at 2PM's dorm without him and me talking to each other. Before he opened the door, he looked at me. “Are you sure no one else could see you?” he asked me. I nodded my head and went straight through the door, I met him on the other side and he just chuckled at me.

 

“OMO! LOOK WHO DECIDED TO SHOW UP!” Chansung the maknae said while jumping on Jay. Chansung was bigger than Jay no doubt so it sort of looked weird Jay carrying him.

 

“I was only gone for the night” Jay replied and we walked to the living room. In the kitchen I saw a girl standing against the stove while Junho cut some meat, could this be the bestfriend?

 

“YAH, HOW MANY TIMES DID I TELL YOU NOT TO MAKE LYSEL COOK?!” Jay raged while rushing to the kitchen. He pulled the girl away from the stove and stared at her angrily. I stood next to Jay watching him rage it, it was cute.

 

“Lysel how many times did I tell you not to cook for these fools?” Jay asked after calming his heartbeat down. Lysel stared at Jay happily; she pulled Jay's face a few inches away from hers and gave Jay the biggest kiss on the forehead. She then pulled away and gave him the biggest grin.

 

“It's okay and plus you didn't come home last night, I was waiting for you all night” she said and continued on with her cooking.

 

“Yeah Jay where were you last night?” Junho asked teasingly. I heard Jay's heart pumped a thousand beat. He shot a glance at me and looked back on Lysel.

 

“Don't change the subject!” he said pretending to be angry.

 

“No, don't YOU change the subject. You have a girlfriend, don't you?” Lysel said. I watched as Jay's face turned red and the palpitation of his heart increased.

 

“NO!” he attacked.

 

“You're blushing” Lysel teased. I started laughing and Jay glared at me.

 

“Who are you glaring at? I'm here” Lysel asked.

 

“A stalker-ghost” he said and laughed. I gave him the death stare and he tried sticking his tongue out without anyone seeing it. Junho then came to Lysel's side and gave her a kiss on the cheeks, Lysel's face lit up the whole room.

 

“I do not have a girlfriend and by the way what the hell is a girl doing in the house surrounded by 6 maniacs?”

 

“I wanted to tell you that Junho and I are together now, I tried calling but somehow I couldn't reach you. Then you told Nichkhun you won't be home for awhile, it was a bit late for me to go home so I stayed the night. I slept in your room by myself so don't get angry”

 

“CHINCHA? How the hell did that happen? You both were like arguing like losers yesterday, you almost tore down the house Lysel” Jay continued.

 

“Long story, you still haven't told me where you stayed at last night”

 

“A friend's house, okay!”

 

“Who has a girlfriend?” Taec asked as he entered the kitchen followed by the rest of the boys, they were all cute filling up the kitchen. 7 humongous guys stuck in a small kitchen. I floated my way to the couch and hovered over it, I met Jay's eyes and he was annoyed at the boys. It was cute how he's blushing and he still denies that he was with a girl last night, well though I'm a ghost, I'm still a girl right?

 

“No I do not have a girlfriend and even if I did, I would not take her home here. I would not let you meet her” Jay said and all the guys started asking questions. “WAE?” they asked with eyes almost popping. Jay had enough and pushed them all to the side so he could walk pass them; he glared at them and yelled. All the guys including Lysel giggled in amusement, was he really this cute?

 

“I'm going in my room and if you're my stalker you can follow me” he said then he marched his way to his room, I was right behind him and I could still hear the rest of the boys laughing and giggling.

 

Jay sat on his bed annoyed.

 

I floated towards the window and stood there.

 

“Look what you did” he whispered knowing I would be able to hear even the tiniest sound he would make.

 

“What I did? I told you to go home last night but you insisted on staying!” I replied. He rolled his eyes and pulled his laptop towards his way.

 

“Whatever” he answered.

 

“Are you searching for my accident now?” I asked curiously.

 

“No I'm going to check up on my dance crew, want to see?” he said 'want to see' sarcastically. I shook my head and gazed outside the window. I've seen a few videos of them already, since I was like some sort of Jay fanatic, I searched and plus I was a b-girl back then I needed to learn until my knees started messing up.

 

I watched as he passionately watched his crew, the burning happiness in his eyes were indescribable. I stood as I watch him yell here and there. I was about to float over to him when the door opened. Lysel came in with a tray of food with a beautiful smile on her face. Lysel wasn't that much to look at; I don't mean that in a bad way. She was an average girl with a really big heart; I can tell by the way she takes care of Jay. I guess when you have a heart like her, everything else doesn't matter because you're beautiful enough, and I'm not saying that she wasn’t beautiful in the outside.

 

“You're mean” she started.

 

Jay looked at her dumbfounded while shoving a bun in his mouth.

 

“You didn't even congratulate me” she continued.

 

“Oh... Yeah congrats” Jay managed to say while the bun was still in his mouth. He stopped eating and pulled Lysel into a hug.

 

“Gomawo” she said.

 

“So may I ask where you were last night?” Lysel asked almost making Jay choked, I couldn't help but laugh, I heard a little growl under Jay's breath causing me to stop laughing.

 

“A friend's house I told you”

 

“If that's your story, well I have to go to work. You should get some rest today. The boys already left for their appointments and other stuff, you don't have any today so you are free to stay home. That's exactly what you are doing because you look like an without any sleep” Lysel said after giving Jay a goodbye kiss. Jay returned this kiss with a nod, what a hopeless guy. Lysel disappeared leaving me and Jay in another silent moment... I hate it.

 

“Can I tour the house?” I asked nicely so he won't have to yell at me and tell me to stop being such a nuisance to him. He nodded his head politely; he got up and then opened the door for me. Though I was a ghost who doesn't feel anything and who cannot touch anything I felt something during that time, I stopped right in the middle of the door and stared as Jay holds the door with a cup of juice in his hand, something about this guy makes me feel something when I shouldn't be feeling anything.

 

“BALI! We'll get started when I'm finished eating, meet me at the living room after your little tour” he said and I was off to look around the house.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Jay]

 

After eating yet another delicious meal cooked by my bestfriend, I opened the door carrying the laptop one of the fans gave me along with its charger. I sat down on the floor and placed the laptop on the mini table and waited 'till Soomi was out of the rooms. I opened GOOGLE and typed in her name, the first thing on GOOGLE was the website of their company.

 

“What are you GOOGLING?” she said as she freakily floats my way. I've walked with her a few times but I've never really seen her float I mean she walks the pace as me, and each steps looks the same as mine. She stopped right beside me and started eyeing the laptop. I clicked on the website and the first picture that came up was her smiling so happily. “Eugh” she murmured besides me, I found it cute... she was happy.

 

“Nice legs” I joked when the next photo came. She was wearing a sort of like rock star skirt with high Chuck Taylor and a white T-shirt saying; 'Don't mess with the Rock Star'. She hit me lightly on the arm sending yet another chill across my spine. It was a good thing no one was home or else I would be stuck in my room whispering.

 

“Should we start?” I asked her. She nodded her head and I closed her website, I opened a new tab and typed “The world says Farewell to Heo Soomi” on GOOGLE once again, the boys have checked this out a couple of times so I had no problem finding it. This was the newest article they posted after she passed away.

 

“According to this article the person who helped you was never revealed. Yes, he took you home safely but then disappeared straight after your dad took you into his arms. Your family didn't want to reveal any information after finding him.” I said. She looked at me confused and somewhat angry.

 

“You didn't know they found him did you?”

 

“No, right after that incident I was never allowed to access any information about it because I went for therapy for at least a month. When I finally recovered my parents took away my internet and the phone in my room, they said it was advised by the therapist so I didn't mind. A year later when I have gotten over it a little they brought back all my technologies, I still looked for him just not at home. I visited friends who helped me and the library was a help too but I never came across this article”

 

“It's the newest one, they posted these 5 months ago right after you passed away” I told her.

 

“So the internet was no help at all too?” she said. I shook my head and I heard her sigh.

 

“What if there's a reason why he doesn't want to be found?”

 

“Well I don't care. We are going to find him Jay, I need to find him”

 

“Why?”

 

“He's the only reason why I'm still here. I could be in heaven now and you I could be peaceful now but I can't cross the gate until I find him”

 

“Soomi we're looking for a ghost, what if he died just like you?”

 

“If he did I wouldn't be here” she replied angrily.

 

“What if he was like a stalker?”

 

“So? Thanks to him stalking me, I lived 4 more years”

 

“We really got to find him right?”

 

“Yes, we do”

 

“How long do you have left?”

 

“I have at least 1 month and 10 days I believe. I think I've been here for four days if not then I still have 1 month and 10 days. That's not long Jay, everyday just comes by just like that and it's not fair... We need to find him” I watched as Soomi's eyes burn for passion in finding him.

 

“Sometimes Soomi some secrets are better to be kept” I continued.

 

“Why?”

 

“So no one gets hurt in the end”

 

She released a big sigh and closed her eyes; I felt my heart skip a beat.

 

I knew what was happening to me. I knew why I needed to find her that night, not only because I was curious but because I was worried. I knew why I promised to help her, it's not because of Lysel, it's because...

 

Well, I've fallen in love with her, I have 1 month and 10 days to prove to her why I loved and love her.