Bits and Pieces

Ghost Love

 

[Soomi]

 

“Was that your sister?” I heard Lysel say as I enter the house. I nodded my head and sat down on the sofa. She looked at me then smiled. She then jumped next to me and pulled me into a hug.

 

“The doctors said you can’t keep anything inside of you so please Soomi don’t even try!” She warned. I chuckled then smiled at her.

 

“I’m just happy Lysel. I saw mama today, somehow beneath this disguise I have; she saw right through me. It’s like she was seeing me, Christina Soomi Heo, her child. The child she carried for nine months inside her. I felt like she can feel that it’s me.” I explained to her.

 

“They always have that way right? A mother and their child can never be apart for so long because once they feel that connection it will never ever be broken. A mother’s instinct is always on point.” She replied back.

 

“Has Jay called?” I asked her as I release myself from her hug.

 

“Not yet, hasn’t he called you?” She asked. I shook my head then stood up from where I was sitting then out of nowhere, I felt my knees trembling. My vision started to get blurry; my head was thumping hard really bad.

 

“ARGGGHHH! LYSEL!” I screamed as I slowly fall to the ground. I clenched onto the sofa as I continue to have this massive migraine. I could still hear Lysel screaming for help as she holds onto my wrist tighter and tighter with each word she says.

 

“JAYY! IT HURTS SO MUCH!” I screamed this time. Then my heart started to beat the same time my head thumps, then I can see blurred images of something. I can hear people talking, screaming, crying and calling my name.

 

The pain continued on for so long, I felt tears dripping down. I couldn’t hear Lysel anymore but I could still feel her hand holding onto my wrist and the next thing I know, it was a black out.

 

. . . .

 

-In Soomi’s mind-

 

“WE’RE LOOSING HER!” I heard a voice yelling. “1, 2, 3 Breathe!” the same voice yelled. As he yells I could feel my chest being pumped. Then suddenly I felt something tingly getting pressed against my chest. “Clear!” The man yelled once again. I tried opening my eyes but I couldn’t. They felt heavier than usual.

 

“Time of death, 8:56PM” the voice said.

 

Was I – dead?

 

I consciously touched my heart and felt it beating, why was he calling me dead?

 

Then finally after minutes of trying, my eyes opened wide. The light above me blinded me for a quick second then suddenly the door flew open. It was my sister, crying.

 

“NOOOOOO! SOOMI YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO ME!” She yelled while running towards my way. As soon as she reached me, she pulled my body up and I went straight through her. Then suddenly I was on my feet looking at her while the rest of my family walks in.

 

What was happening?

 

Am I dead again?

 

“Ellie, I’m here!” I demanded but nothing.

 

Before I could speak again, another black out came.

 

. . .

 

“GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!” I heard a familiar voice yelled. I turned behind me and saw myself.

 

Where the hell am I?

 

The place was polluted with smokes from cigars, normal cigarettes and it had a strong smell of alcohol.

 

I tried getting a good look of the guy holding me but I couldn’t next thing I know another blackout.

 

-End of Soomi’s mind-

 

“Babe, can you hear me? Talk to me.” I heard Jay’s voice calling out to me. My eyes slowly opened and I saw his worried face looking down on me. I cringe here and there because I feel like my head and heart was having pins and needles.

 

As soon as my eyes were completely open, Lysel ran to my side with a glass of water. My doctor also came to my side with the digital blood pressure machine. I extended my hand to where he was as I take the water with my right hand.

 

“Now, Miss Heo, I need you to relax for me okay?” He advised. I nodded my head and handed the water back to Lysel. I smiled at Jay who looks so crap right now because of the fact he hasn’t got enough sleep, his eyes are really bad.

 

“Your vitals are stable, your blood pressure’s alright. I don’t see any problem, it might have been a minor attack because of exhaustion or something but I can’t be real sure but I’ll give you this medicine to help with the pain when the migraine hits you again. And if there are no changes just come see me at the hospital so we can examine you further.”  The doctor concluded. I bowed my head and waved goodbye to him.

 

Jaemin walked the doctor out along with Khun. Everyone else left me and Jay alone in the room.

 

Jay was still looking at me worried, the rights he has to get worried when I should be worried about him. He is leaving for Seattle soon. I can sense that he’s thinking of not going because of what has been happening to me.

 

I want to tell him I’m going to be alright but I really don’t know if it will be okay.

 

“What happened?” He finally asked. I shook my head and leaned against the headboard of the bed. He sat next to me and did the same; he pulled me into his arms then kissed my head.

 

“Mi, what were you seeing?” He asked.

 

“What makes you think I was seeing something?” I asked pretending not to know what he was talking about.

 

“Babe you were talking when I arrived. No matter how painful whatever it was you were feeling you were asking people to stop crying and stop talking. And before you woke up, you were whispering Ellie’s name.”

 

“Honestly, I don’t know what was going on. Jay, I was seeing bits and pieces of the past if I’m not mistaken.” I admitted.

♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ -♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - ♥ - 

 

[Jay]

 

“What do you mean bits and pieces?” I asked her as I hold her.

 

“I saw me lying on the hospital bed. I heard, felt and witnessed when they tried to save me, when they declared I was dead and when my sister came running through the door crying and calling out my name. Jay, I saw how much they suffered from that day to now. I was so hurt, I was broken apart, and my heart might as well have stopped beating.” She said honestly.

 

I arrived at the scene not long after Lysel called me. I saw how much pain Soomi was in when I arrived. The doctor came in not long after me, we planned to take her to the hospital but she wouldn’t move so we had to sedate her so she can calm down.

 

So many thoughts ran through my head during the whole hour she was screaming and twisting in pain. I thought about what I would do if ever she had to go already, I thought about how things will be especially now that these things are happening.

 

“I’m sorry you had to see that,” I started. “What else did you see?”

 

“I was in some corridor or apartment. The smell of cigarettes, perfume and alcohol were really strong then I saw a guy a bit blurry but I know it was a guy, he was holding onto me and I was asking him to get off me. Jay, I don’t remember that ever happening to me. What’s going on with me?”

 

“Could it be the day of your accident?”

 

“Obviously, Jay because I saw the incident of me being in the hospital” She replied strongly.

 

“No, I meant to say could it be that the guy you saw was the guy who tried to you? Could it be that wherever you were that day was near the alley way the incident almost happened?” I continued.

 

All I could hear was her breathing heavily. I quickly adjusted myself to see if she was going to have another attack. I looked at her but she assured me she was alright.

 

“Mi, I can’t leave you like this. I have to stay by your side.” I informed her.

 

“As much as I want you to, we both know we can’t. Let’s not be stubborn about this okay?” She said.

 

I really wanted to argue with her but I just couldn’t today.

 

“But you’ll need me here. What if it happens again?” 

 

“I’m not alone, Lysel’s with me,”

 

“Lysel couldn’t even pick you up Soomi; she could hardly keep herself together because she was panicking.” I cut her off.

 

“But she did call a doctor and you, isn’t that good enough? Will you stop arguing with me and will you stop thinking like this is the end alright? I’ll make it through this. You and I will so just relax.” She said angrily. I didn’t say a word because I didn’t want to spark a fight.

 

“I’m sorry, I know you’re going through a lot and I am too so can we not argue?” She said when she felt what I didn’t want. I nodded my head then we both sighed.

 

“Why is it so hard?” I asked her.

 

“Because we’re making the impossible – possible, always remember that.” She whispered before burying herself deeper into my chest.

 

. . . .

 

A/N: Holy crap! I know it’s been forever since I wrote a new chapter for this story but it is finally going. Thank you to everyone who stayed and bore waiting almost a year for me to start writing again. This story has been through so much, the inspiration didn’t come as easy as it used to anymore but I’m here ready to end the story for those who stayed and believed in my story.

 

I really am thankful, from the bottom of my heart. To everyone who stayed and to the new one’s coming, thank you very much, I don’t know where my story would be if it wasn’t for you all. I know this story was a bit difficult to believe but let me tell you something, when you believe that you’re in love, you never think about the impossible – it’s always possible.

 

I love you all and stay with me ‘till the end okay?

 

`Signing off: tubbyGENx3; O2/O3/12 || 1O:32PM