Cupids [Part II]

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

“Are we all just going to sit here?” I asked all of them who seemed to have frozen.

 

“Where do you all want to go?” Soomi asked while scanning each and every one of us.

 

“I just want to go home” Jae Yeon said then Wooyoung second the motion. Soomi shook her head stubbornly while punching me lightly on the stomach. I looked at her and she was raising her eyebrow, I sighed then rolled my eyes.

 

“Don't be such kill joys. How about we go to the beach?” I asked. Soomi's face lit up in happiness while Wooyoung and Jae Yeon weren’t so happy about the whole idea of going to the beach. Khun was locking his eyes on Soomi which I found quite disturbing but then again looking at Soomi now who wouldn't be looking at her. Jaemin on the other hand wasn't so happy about the stares either.

 

“We'll shop first then we'll go. You can call the rest of the guys and bring your manager too if she wants to monitor all of our movements. But for now please Jay, take me shopping” Soomi said then she started tugging me away from the group. I heard some of them behind me chuckled, maybe they find Mi cute as well.

 

“The beach? Is that all you can come up with?” She whispered.

 

“You seem pretty happy about it” I told her which made her shush up. I have never won an argument against her... I think. She's always the one dominating our arguments but with this one, I won.

 

“So where does my baby want to go?” I asked her

 

“Anywhere with you will do” she said sweetly while looking straight ahead. I chuckled then pulled her into a hip-hop clothing store.

 

“I'm going to make you look like a B-Girl so everyone can tell we do have something in common” I told her. She pouted her lips a little then flicked my forehead.

 

“What was that for?”

 

“We don't only have one thing in common, we have a lot” she said then walked away. The girls were shaking their heads while the guys stood outside the store discussing something which looked serious. I quickly stepped outside letting the girls know that I will be back.

 

“What's wrong guys?” I asked them as soon as I reached them.

 

“Nothing, Woo just wants to go home” Khun said.

 

“Why?”

 

“I'm just not feeling well” Wooyoung lied.

 

“I'm sorry Woo but Soomi wants you here and if you go she's going to murder me and trust me you wouldn't want her to be angry; she's the worst when she's angry” I excused. Mi could probably hear what I am saying to Wooyoung right now and I'm going to have to deal with her later but it doesn't matter I just have to do this.

 

Wooyoung released a big sigh then headed inside the store. I searched the store for Soomi but I couldn't find her. I walked over to Jaemin and asked where she was; apparently she was trying on some clothes. I chuckled to myself then walked over to the change rooms.

 

“Jay, you there?” I heard her voice coming from the middle change room.

 

“Yeah” I answered.

 

“Alright, I'm coming out now... Don't laugh!” She said then the door flew open. She walked out with black sweat pants and a white sports bra – yes it does show her belly. I stared at her for awhile, she looked beautiful even with just these clothing. She did look like a B-Girl which made it even cuter.

 

“Oh my look at that y thing” Lysel commented making Soomi blush.

 

“What do you think?” She said while turning her head towards me.

 

“I think it's perfect” I told her and she rolled her eyes and walked back inside the change rooms.

 

. . .

 

Right after we finished shopping we headed back to their dorm and then our dorm. To my surprise Eunhee was sitting along with the boys with her stuff ready for this one night beach trip. Busy as we sound nowadays but today is one break I really wanted to have.

 

“Ready?” Soomi asked excitedly as we enter the dorm. The rest of the guys nodded but Eunhee just gave her dirties and took her luggage and walked out the dorm.

 

“Looks like we are leaving” Jaemin said.

 

Everyone carried their luggage and headed out.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

Because there were a lot of us we needed to get two vans. Jay and I stuck together along with Lysel, Junho, Wooyoung, Jae Yeon and the driver; the rest of them were behind us. We decided to head to JeJu Island for this overnight trip. I reckon it's going to be awesome but right now I needed to fix the awkwardness between Wooyoung and Jae Yeon.

 

Why are they awkward? I wasn't eavesdropping or anything but because I can still hear people talk even from a far I heard Jae Yeon saying that Wooyoung tried the 5 steps on her, the same time she was trying the 5 steps on Chansung. Yes, she had a thing for Chansung but Chansung knows how Wooyoung feels about Jae Yeon so he didn't show any interest and to be honest he wasn't interested in the first place.

 

Now Jae Yeon is too shy and stubborn to approach Wooyoung and vice versa, that's why Jay and I, or maybe 'ME', decided to play cupids. They need to at least talk about these whole problems together, not avoiding each other.

 

“How long are you kids planning on ignoring each other?” I heard Jay said all of a sudden. Wooyoung and Jae Yeon exchanged looks then looked away again. This guy trying to make the situation more awkward than it already is.

 

“Jay, if you haven't noticed Khun can't take his eyes off your girlfriend” Lysel commented breaking the silence between us all. Jay and I exchanged looks then he chuckled to himself leaving me in confusion.

 

“Who wouldn't stare anyway? Even Junho can drool over my girlfriend” he joked making Lysel a little angry.

 

“He's kidding. I probably remind Khun of someone that's all” I told Lysel. Then silence took over again and I wasn't in the mood to talk to these kids again.

 

“Babe” I heard Jay whispered.

 

“How would this cupid thing work?” he continued.

 

“Well first we have to make them talk because if they don't talk then there goes our chance to playing cupid. Then if they start talking we start going on with the plan of making them understand how they feel for each other” I informed him.

 

“And how will we do that?”

 

 

“We'll do it 'Meteor Garden' style. We'll lock them in a room and leave them there over night to talk.

 

“That's your genius plan? Use a scene from a Taiwanese version of Boys over Flowers? That's it?” He asked sounding like he was mocking my plan.

 

“Got a problem with that?”

 

“Shouldn't they enjoy this night instead of locking them inside a freaking room?” He counter attacked which was true in a way. 

 

“Do you have a better idea then, my dear boyfriend?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“What?”

 

“Let them be and let us enjoy this day just as much as they would” He said. I rolled my eyes then looked away from him. I really couldn't leave these two the way they are now, this is going to be even more awkward if they don't talk soon.

 

“Whatever Jay. If you don't want to play cupid I will” I told him and closed my eyes then blocking my ears with earphones and blasted my music up; next thing I know I was asleep.

 

-

 

After arriving at JeJu Island, the boys shot-gunned the biggest room while us girls were stuck in a semi-small room. Me, Jae Yeon, Lysel, Jaemin and Eunhee... strange as that sounds; she's stuck with us.

 

Jaemin wanted to sleep with me so Jae Yeon was sleeping with Lysel, and of course Eunhee sleeps by herself. I can tell that everyone was pissed off at her, I am too but I find it kind of sad because she just seems so pitiful.

 

After unpacking our “overnight” clothing, Eunhee left the room to go for a walk she said. Jaemin and Lysel went out to get something to drink while Jae Yeon and I stayed in the room to just lie down on the bed. Their bed were just adjacent to mine so I could hear her breathing, oh wait even if she wasn't adjacent to me I could still hear her breathe.

 

“Jae Yeon?” I started when silence was getting more awkward.

 

“Yeah?” Her soft voice replied.

 

“Do you hate Wooyoung that much?”

 

“No, what makes you think that?” She answered while she leans against the backboard of the bed.

 

“Nothing, you two just seem awkward together”

 

“Long story”

 

Normally when people say long story, it only means one thing – “I don't want to talk about it” so I left it at that which sent another awkward and quiet atmosphere which you probably already know I hated.

 

“You and Jay look happy” she commented after 2 minutes. I smiled to myself when Jay's goofy face came in mind.

 

“You and Wooyoung could be too” I told her.

 

“You know about it?”

 

“Woo's feelings?” I asked and she nodded.

 

“Since the first time I saw him looked at you” I told her.

 

“Oh, okay. Well he admitted to me that he liked me and I have a thing for Chansung and Chansung isn't interested which cut me deep but then now Wooyoung and I are awkward because we have that love-triangle going on. I don't know how to start a conversation with him and I don't even know if he wants to talk to me”

 

“Are you kidding me? He's like going crazy about the same thing. Start with 'Hello can we talk?' then go on from there. He won't reject you, trust me. Wooyoung is too good to be true” I told her.

 

“Do you think?”

 

“Trust me on this one, by the end of this night you two will be cool again” I told her.

 

“Thanks, Soomi. It was nice to know that you're here for me” she said. I looked at her and smiled. I stood up and walked over to where she was; I held both her arms and looked at her.

 

“Don't you ever think that you can never talk to me because you can, and I will always be here for you. No matter how deep or how shallow those problems you have, I will listen to them...” I told her then a tear fell from her eyes which made me smile a little because she reminds me of me when Ellie use to say those words to me.

 

Looks like my cupid job is done. I didn't need Jay after all, that lazy, annoying guy... GRR!