Answers

Ghost Love

 

[Jay]

 

I stood motionless while Chris' scent slowly disappears.

 

Something doesn't make sense with her. I quickly got myself together and headed for her house. I have no idea why I'm so interested in hearing her heartbeat but for some unknown reason I have to and see her to find out if she's alright.

 

I was halfway from her house when my phone started ringing.

 

{“Jay, where are you?”

 

“Out, I won't be home for awhile”

 

“No we need you back here as soon as possible because Lysel and Junho are having some sort of fight and it's getting crazy”

 

“Alright I'll be there soon”}

 

I hanged up the phone and turned my back from Chris' house and started running towards the dorm.

 

. . . . .

 

“JUNHO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?” I heard Lysel's voice when I was 5 steps away from the dorm room. I opened the door and saw the living room looked like hell. Have they been throwing stuff at each other?

 

“Lysel I just want you to understand” Junho replied softly.

 

“Understand? How many years have I been trying to understand you?”

 

“I don't want to fight anymore” Junho said. Lysel threw a pillow at Junho and he didn't even bother to dodge or catch it.

 

“I'm so sick of you!” Lysel said tiredly. That was my cue to go and rescue my best friend. I quickly walked over to her and pulled her into a hug, she burst out crying and the boys made their exit, including Junho.

 

“Lysel”

 

“Jay, I'm right here and I'm waiting. Why can't he just let her go?”

 

When Lysel say 'her' she's talking about Junho's first love... Kim Eunhee. Junho and her were together for who knows how long. They broke up 2 years ago, 2 years ago was when Junho met Lysel or was it the other way around. Like I said Lysel is too in love while Junho is still attached into the past, why they broke up is still the question in everyone's mind. Junho never really talked about her after the break up. I was feeling sorry for Lysel, 2 years of you know waiting and wasting time on such an but yet she doesn't want me to step in between.

 

“You're better than this and look what you did to our dorm. You made it seem like there was World War 2 in here” I joked trying to put a smile on her face but instead of a smile she landed a punch on my gut.

 

“There's going to be world war 3 if you don't shut up!” she said fiercely.

 

“I think you're done here for the night, I'll take you home!” I said and I started walking away.

 

“Why are you in a hurry?” she asked annoyed.

 

“I just have some business to attend to, I need to get some answers” I replied.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

After my little run away charade from Jay, I headed back to see Eunmi. I was confused about the whole me and Jay thing, I had to know why he can see, hear and touch me, oh and how the hell can he hear that I don't have a heartbeat? I finally reached the office but Fate was standing there guarding it, not so welcome, am I?

 

“I have to see her” I said. She looked at me and shook her head. She left me no choice; I grabbed her hand and threw her to the side. I was a much stronger soul than Fate was. She's been in soul land for far too long and I've only been there for 5 months. I still have a lot of energy in me but with her, all the life has been out already. She quickly got herself back together and stood in an attacking position; I really didn't want to hurt her because I respect her as my elder. She lunged herself at me and I swung my arm hitting her on her stomach causing her to land a few meters away from me, she tried standing up again but she couldn't.

 

“Miane!” I yelled.

 

I opened the white door and spotted Eunmi in the same position as before. The whole room was silent but somehow I could hear a child cry. I slowly made my way to Eunmi's side. She lifted her head and I saw clear tears coming down from her eyes, I have never seen a soul cry but this was beautiful. I mean the tears were beautiful, it was too clear, like seriously I don't even know how to explain but Eunmi's pain wasn't so beautiful.

 

She held in her arm, a baby girl; probably a few months old. It was crying along with Eunmi.

 

“Eunmi?”

 

“You didn't have to hurt Fate” she replied still cradling the beautiful girl in her arms.

 

“She's my sister’s child, she died not long ago. My sister is pretty devastated about what had happened” she continued. I know how hard it is for her right now but I had no intention on staying long here I just want to know what's going on with me and Jay.

 

“Oh yeah that's right, sorry to drag you into this mess” she suddenly said. I forgot about her ability to read my mind and vice versa, I completely forgot to block her off my mind, now I have.

 

“Fate” she called. Fate then came in, she looked fine now but then again why wouldn't she, souls recover fast. She smiled at me and I smiled back. She took the baby off Eunmi and headed out again.

 

“So what's up?”

 

“HE TOUCHED ME!” I yelled and I'm pretty sure everyone heard it.

 

“What do you mean he touched you?”

 

“He grabbed my wrist and ran away with me”

 

“You have to get back to Earth, he's around the corner to your house and he will make a scene if he doesn't see you. Just be careful” she warned and then again with a flick of her finger I was back on Earth.

 

. . . .

 

I waited for Jay a few meters away from my house. I sat down on the gutter trying to find any reason why he would come here. He sat next to me when he saw me, he looked at me and somehow he was relief. His heart was beating normally, letting me know that it was okay and that he was angry at all.

 

“You okay Chris?” he started.

 

“What do you want?” I tried to sound angry or at least annoyed but epic fail I sounded sorry.

 

“I need answers”

 

“I do too.”

 

“But I need it more than you do”

 

“Trust me; you're not the only one with the questions.”

 

“But I have a lot more than you” he said. I quit trying to compete with him; I just needed my questions to be answered. I needed to find him before I commit another sin in this world by killing this annoying guy who just won't leave me alone.

 

Suddenly, he pulled my whole body so that I could be facing him. He looked me in the eyes and then he placed his hand on my chest. He waited 'till he could feel a beat but nothing... of course nothing. Instead of probably screaming his head off he pulled me into a hug.

 

Okay I was confused? Are you confused?

 

I quickly pulled away from his hug and stared at him. He unlocks his eyes with mine and looked straight ahead.

 

“Jay, you're scaring me!”  I said. The guts of me to say that his scaring me when it's actually suppose to be the other way around.

 

“Who are you exactly?” he said not beating around the bush.

 

“Don't freak out or anything, I was planning to tell you sooner but I got so interested on why you can see and hear me but I'm Soomi Heo, I died 5 months ago as you already know and now I'm searching for someone here on Earth and for some odd reason I always end up being with you” I explained.

 

I listened to Jay's heartbeat, it was relaxed. Shouldn't he be panicking by now?

 

“So what are you?”

 

“I'm a lost soul. Do you believe in the saying that souls stays on Earth because they have unfinished business?”

 

“I don't believe in that bull” he replied so honestly.

 

“Well believe it or not, I'm one of them. I don't live here, well I use but now I just roam around every day, searching for that someone”

 

“Are you like looking for love on Earth?”

 

“No, I'm looking for the guy who saved my life one night and I don't remember anything about that night so I have no idea where to begin”

 

“Ahh...” he said.

 

“Aren't you afraid?”

 

“Afraid of?”  

 

“Of me?”

 

“I'm not afraid of anything. Wait did you say you're Soomi?”

 

“Yeah”

 

“Look lady, Soomi doesn't look like you... No offence. That girl was beautiful when she was still alive and I think I memorize her features” he replied defending, well, me.

 

“I don't know why you don't see me as Soomi. I really don't know, the last time I checked I look like me”

 

“You do have the same length hair as her but the other features are different from yours”

 

“I'm as confused as you are” I said and sighed.

 

Silent took over us both. It seemed like he didn't have any more questions for me, maybe I could ask mine.

 

“Do you know my sister Ellie?”

 

“Who doesn't?”

 

“I mean like have you guys ever talked before?”

 

“No” he said and I heard his heart beat changed rhythm.

 

“Liar, You can't lie to a ghost or a soul, we can see right through you”

 

“Really, Like we can see through you?” he replied like a smart .

 

“I don't believe you can see through me” I said and smiled.

 

“Seriously, I answered your questions, now answer mine”

 

“Yeah I knew her, we went to college together” he replied and this time he wasn't lying.

 

“How come my sister never told me?”

 

“I don't know, maybe because she doesn't have to tell you anything” he joked and smiled at me.

 

“You know what you should be freaked out by now, I mean if someone walks pass us now they will think you're talking to yourself and they will say that 2PM's Jaebeom is crazy”

 

“They already think that after watching Wild Bunny and I don't know you just don't scare me at all.”

 

“I'm guessing you got all your answers then?”

 

“Yeah, no wonder you never change clothes”

 

“You realised?”

 

“You followed me for three days or something, how can I not realise?”

 

“Jay, some people always tries to find answers to their questions but some are so afraid to find the answers but you... You're more determined than anyone I know”

 

“It's a curse that I'm determined because sometimes the answers I get sort of gets in the way of what I want” he said and then locked his eyes with mine. If I could still feel my cheeks blush, it would red by now. There was something about that sentence that I can't put my finger on.