Separation

Ghost Love

 

Jay]

As soon as our car stopped in front of JYPE Building, Soomi’s hand locked with mine. We all got out of the car, everyone else walked inside, besides me and Soomi. She stood frozen in front of the building, it’s like her feet were planted deeply onto the ground. I tried pulling her but her hand locks tighter with mine with each pull. She just stared blankly towards the glass doors of the building then tears started streaming down her eyes.

“Mi?” I called softly but she didn’t budge, she just cried even more.

“You know you’re scaring me more with this staring blankly, not talking and just crying thing. Whatever it is that’s waiting for me beyond these doors or walls, we will face it together, okay?”

My phone then started ringing, waking Soomi up from whatever trance she was in. I picked up the phone as I watch Soomi wipe her tears away, Nichkhun was on the other line asking for me to go and meet with them at the conference room. I hanged up and looked at Soomi; she released a faint smile followed by a deep breath.

“We’re going to be okay” she finally spoke, then we power-walked inside the building.

-

Entering the conference room, the tension was already at its maximum. Jaemin ran to me straight away and hugged me; I felt her tears soaking into my shirt. Soomi let go of my hand and pulled Jaemin onto her shoulders.

“Go” Soomi whispered to me while gesturing for me to walk to Nichkhun. I nodded my head and made my way to Nichkhun. I knew that everyone in the room already knew what was happening besides me. I was totally clueless; I felt my heart thumping like it wants to jump out of my chest.

I scanned the room one last time.

Taecyeon and Eunhee were standing together on the other end of the conference table behind Jin Young-Hyung.

Lysel and Junho were sitting on the left hand side of the table, Lysel was crying too.

Chansung was sitting besides Junsu, both were just chatting to each other without a care in the world.

Wooyoung was next to Jae Yeon on the right hand side of the table.

“Anyone want to enlighten me?” I finally said.

And with that, hell broke loose.

Suddenly everyone started arguing, talking back and forth. Lysel started cursing at Eunhee and Eunhee did the same. Taecyeon defended Eunhee by telling Lysel to shut up which made Junho furious. Junho then started answering back to Taecyeon. I titled my head to Soomi who was still holding onto Jaemin – expressionless.

“ENOUGH!” Khun snapped.

Everyone did stop and focused their eyes on us, Khun and me.

“Jin Young-Hyung, I think it’s time we tell Jay what exactly is going on here” Khun continued.

“Khun’s right, I don’t think I can handle any more tension in this room” I told everyone. Jin Young-Hyung nodded his head and asked me to sit down. I did what he asked then waited for him to start explaining.

“Jay, you’re all over the internet” Taecyeon said out of the blue. Eunhee then walked over to me and handed me a laptop. I popped the laptop opened and saw my name on the headline.

As I read through the article, I started to gain understanding of what was going on.

Someone revealed a message I posted on MySpace about my life in Korea. They were taking everything out of proportion and in the wrong way. I know the meaning of words between Korea and America is different, but this is just crazy. I mean, me, reading these don’t really offend me in any way. Maybe it’s just me because I’m use to this sort of language.

“It was released not long ago. I informed the other staff in the Entertainment about this. We haven’t come to a conclusion but we would like to talk to all of you about this first.” Jin Young-Hyung informed as I shut the laptop closed.

“I vote removing him from the group,” Eunhee motioned. Soomi moved my way while holding Jaemin by the wrist. Soomi handed Jaemin safely to Khun then sat next to me.

She was still lifeless.

But hearing Eunhee voting me off the group set the fire inside of her. She held onto my hand while staring at Eunhee.

“What gives you the right to vote him out of the group?” She counterattacked.

“I am the manager of the group; I have every right to say anything. You, on the other hand have no say in the matter” Eunhee replied.

“You won’t get away with this” Soomi threatened.

“Get away with what?”

“I know you’re the one who leaked these on the internet; I know you and your boyfriend over there have been planning about this for such a very long time now. Even before you became their manager, you and Taecyeon have been onto Jay. He promised you that he will get Junho back to you if you promise to eliminate Jay as the leader of 2PM so he can take his place. So, you did everything you could to dig up anything that would cause the fandom to go crazy, you found one and released it to the media as soon as you had it.” Soomi accused.

“THAT IS ABSURD! ARE YOU HEARING THIS RIGHT NOW?! How dare you accuse me of something like this?” Eunhee replied with so much anger.

“Miss Heo, what made you thing that Eunhee and Taecyeon were behind this?” Hyung asked Soomi.

“Simple. Eunhee thought she’d have a chance with Junho but unfortunately Lysel took her place, and as for Taecyeon, we all know he had his eyes on the position of being a leader for awhile now. I know it’s them, I’ll do my best to prove it!” Soomi said confidently.

Everyone remained silent right after Mi spoke. Hyung’s phone then started ringing. He answered quickly and hanged up right after 2 minutes or so.

“This meeting will be adjourned right now. Taecyeon and Eunhee please come with me, as for the rest of you go back to your dorms and don’t say anything to anyone about this matter, as of now. I will not have any more media involved in this for now.” He said then walked out followed by Eunhee and Taecyeon.

“We should take the girls back” Khun suggested. I nodded my head and walked out the conference room along with the girls, still crying.

-

Khun and I decided that it was safer if we took the girls ourselves. The other boys seemed pretty upset about what just happened. Lysel and Jae Yeon were far behind me and Khun, while Mi and Jaemin walks in front of us.

“Do you think it’ll be okay, hyung?” Khun asked suddenly. I tilted my head to face him and answered “I don’t know”. It was the truth; I really didn’t know whether it was going to be okay. Only Mi knows what happens from here. 

“But whatever happens, Khun, know that it was always my pleasure and happiness to be your leader.” I said then we came to a stop right in front of the girls’ dorm. Lysel, Jae Yeon, Jaemin and Khun went inside first leaving me and Soomi standing outside in the cold.

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.
[Soomi]

I could hear loudly what Jay was thinking.

He wanted me to talk to him first; he wanted to know what I know.

This whole time I’ve acted like a total psycho--of-a-girlfriend.

I want to talk to him, I really do but I can’t find it in me to tell him what’s going to happen in the next 8 days of his life. I don’t want to be the one to hurt him. It isn’t fair to him… I wish I knew nothing.

“Soomi” Jay’s voice startled me, causing me to jump a little. I looked at him and he tilted his head a little to the left while raising a brow. “Yeah?” I asked him. He chuckled a little and pulled me into his arms.

“You can tell me anything, you know that right?” He whispered into my ears.

Right, easy for you to say.’ I thought.

“Yeah I know, but I have no proof yet so I can’t help you with anything. But know that I won’t lie about this, although I hate my cousin I will never say stuff like this. I feel so hopeless Jay, only I know the truth yet I can’t bring you to justice” I told him.

“Hey,” he started. He lifted my chin up and smiled at me. “You’re already helping me by just breathing. So don’t you dare think that you are hopeless in my life because Mi, you are not… okay?” He continued and sealed my lips with a kiss.

“Jay, it is always so easy for you to say that I am helping but seriously, I am not.” I told him and released myself from his grip.

“I’m the only one who knows what’s going on. The only one who knows everything that is coming your way, everything that would happen in the next 8 days of your life… Jay, I’m the only one who knows everything” I continued.

“You can tell me” he insisted.

“Don’t make me”

“But you will because I have the rights to know.” He said confidently. I didn’t know what to do/say; I wasn’t ready to break his heart – not now, not ever.

But… he does have the rights to know, right?

I took a deep breath then looked away from him.

“Jay, in the next 8 days of your life, things will turn around. JYPE will ask you to release an apology to the public and of course that won’t be a problem because you already want to release an apology. But even after that apology things will be taken out of proportion still. More news about this will hit the media; Netizens will attack you and the company. Then…” I paused, not wanting to continue.

“Then?”

“Please, I don’t want to be the one to break this!”

“We’ll walk through it together.” He assured me.

“Then… you will be asked to resign as 2PM’s leader” I said and watched his reaction. Painted all over his face were confusion, shocked, and pain.

“This will be an easy job for JYPE because you will not be thinking about yourself, you’ll be thinking about the rest of the members and how your issues will affect them. You will then decide to leave Korea and fly back to Seattle; back to your friends and family. And by the end of this night, you and I will…” I stopped again before saying the next part. I stared at Jay who’s holding back his tears for me, he hated it when a person seems vulnerable and weak – he just hates it.

“What happens by the end of this night?” He asked trying to be calm about the situation.

I looked into his eyes, holding back my tears this time. I bit my lower lip; I closed my eyes and opened them.

“You and I will have a separation” I told him, he couldn’t hold his tears anymore… my strong boyfriend became weak and vulnerable.