The Past & My Future

Ghost Love

 

{This is the argument scene between Junho and Lysel and what happened next, also a glimpse of what happened in the past.}

 

. . . .

 

[Junho]

 

I sat against the couch watching the boys play their silly little games again. How can 5 big and built guys play twister? Isn't that a bit disturbing? I was waiting for Lysel to come back. Well she was sort of pissed at me again; I just can't help it if she gets angry all the time. The front door swung open, Lysel stood by the door, the boys turned their heads in unison and when they saw Lysel they made their exit. She released a big sigh and headed towards my way; she sat next to me and said nothing. Silent took over us both; I was scared to say something. Two years I've known her, she snaps at almost everything I do and I love her for that but sometimes we all have our limits to.

 

“If Jay didn't get into a fight you would have never picked up the phone and called me?” she started annoyed.

 

“I just need some time alone” I replied.

 

It's true though, I needed sometime alone.

 

“It's been two years since I last heard you say that” she said.

 

“Yeah well maybe I still need sometime” I replied.

 

She stared at me with so much anger in her eyes, that brown caramel like orbs looking like they were ready to kill someone... someone meaning me. I've seen this quite a lot before and somehow I got use to it.

 

“Have you ever thought of me though?” she asked.

 

“Of course, I think of you everyday I try and make a decision”

 

“Really? Is that why you can never let her go?”

 

“Why is she always in our conversation?” I asked trying to pretend I don't already know the answer of that question.

 

“Don't even ask me that question” she said while she stood up.

 

“I'm sick of this Junho, I'm sick of you moping around waiting for someone to come back when I'm already here, I'm here and I'm waiting. Aren't I good enough?”

 

She had a point she was there and she is waiting but I just don't know why I keep holding on. She was good enough, she really was. I mean she was a whole package, what more can I ask for?

 

“I want to know what I am to you Junho and no I don't want to hear that I'm your friend”

 

“Then you won't get an answer” I replied.

 

I saw tears falling from her eyes, I made her cry again. It was hard seeing her cry like this, it reminded me of the times when I made my ex girlfriend cried... the ex she's been asking about for 2 years now. I wasn't ready to open up to anyone, I just wasn't. I haven't even told the guys about it. I came closer to her and pulled her to a hug; she pushed me away and started hitting me on my chest.

 

“Lysel, I'm sorry” I said.

 

She pushed me away and stared at me.

 

“I'm so sick of you saying that... I'M SICK OF IT!” she replied angrily while throwing the gift she gave me and the boys on our 1 year anniversary onto the floor. She was raging it, I tried coming closer to her but she just wouldn't stop.

 

“Lysel please” I begged. At times like these, I really can't handle it well. Jay was the only one who had a way on making her relax.

 

“JUNHO WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?” she yelled and I was scared as hell already, I hated it when she raged that's why sometimes I try and just avoid her altogether.

 

“Lysel I just want you to understand” I replied softly.

 

“Understand? How many years have I been trying to understand you?”

 

“I don't want to fight anymore” I said and it was the truth, I couldn't handle fights... with her anyway. She threw a pillow at me and I didn't bother dodging or catching it.

 

“I'm so sick of you!” she said again like she hadn't made it any clearer before. Jay then popped out of nowhere and pulled her into a hug, the boys and I made our exits and I heard her say “Jay, I'm right here and I'm waiting. Why can't he just let her go?” I felt bad; I haven't felt this way in a long time.

 

. . . .

 

After hours of getting lectured by Nichkhun and Taecyeon, I decided to go and get Lysel. I needed to talk to her, I was really feeling awful about what I did to her and everything else I put her through, it was time to let her in.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Lysel]

 

I sat by the fire place while tears fall down from my eyes. Stupid Jaebeom, as if leave me here all by myself because he needed answers, I'm gonna bet all these tears he's seeing someone and he's not telling me about it.

 

My phone wouldn't stop ringing, I wasn't picking up because it's either Jay or Junho and I didn't want to talk to neither.

 

Do you know the feeling when you're so in love with someone but that someone just won't give their all to you? Or they won't even let you in? Well that's how I feel, I mean how long have I been there waiting? I want him to just open up at least, I don't even know what I am to him. We've been in this mutual understanding for far too long, I want to know who I am.

 

I just need answers to my questions but no one can answer it but him. I stayed sitting when I heard the doorbell rang. Great, Jay's here.

 

I quickly got up and headed for the door, as soon as I opened it, I saw Junho drenched by the rain.

 

“JUNHO!” I yelled and quickly pulled him inside; I ran to the closet and placed a towel around him.

 

“Do you really want to know what happened between me and Eunhee?”

 

“Yeah but it can wait, we need to dry you first” I said and started wiping the water off him. He held onto my wrist and I stared at him dumbfounded.

 

“No regrets” he said and pulled me then we started running. I didn't even bring an umbrella with me, we kept running and running. The rain was falling down on us like there's no other day, Junho and my hands were locked together but there was so much tension. We finally pulled to a stop; we stood on the sidewalk of Han River under a post light. Junho stood a few meters away from me and faced me.

 

“That’s exactly where she was standing when I last seen her” he spoke. He took a deep breath and continued.

 

“She wore her blue high heels, her hair perfectly curled, and her skin so flawless. She wore a blue alter neck dress and boy, wasn't she beautiful” he said. Okay did he take me here just to shove in my face just how beautiful his ex girlfriend was?

 

“I loved her, she was my first love and I was hers... so I thought. She stood at the same spot and she said I love you to me before saying that she was leaving me because she was with someone else. She walked over to me and gave me one last kiss, I wanted to move and follow her but I just couldn't. All I could do was stand in this very same place and watch her slowly disappear into the dark. That night numb me, now I can't feel love or pain. I closed myself from love, I closed myself from all of it... then I met you” he said and took one step closer to me. The rain didn't want to stop; it was like joining my pain and Junho's pain.

 

“I met you. Everything about you reminded me of her and it hurts every single time it did, that’s why sometimes I just try and avoid you. That's why sometimes it's better if you don't see me at all” he continued and stepped closer.

 

I never really thought about it that way, I never thought that maybe a girl could actually resemble her.

 

 

“You were that kind hearted, sweet, talented, understanding, and patient and the most wonderful girl ever... you were too wonderful that I was scared for all of it to be true”

 

“But I am true, real and I'm here; why won't you just let me in - all the way in?”

 

“I know that now and I'm ready to let you in, all the way in. I was so scared of so many things and at some point I was scared of you. I gave everything to Eunhee before and I wasn't sure if I can give anything away again. It's hard to get your heart broken especially by your first love...”

 

“Yeah I get what you mean” I interrupted.

 

“The point is, I'm ready to open up to you and I don't want you to keep waiting any longer.” he continued and he was just inches away from me.

 

“I had hours of lectured and every words the boys shared with me, opened up a lot of things for me. It opened my eyes to see what's right here. Lyselmae Latienza, Eunhee was the past but you are my future” he said and released a smile.

 

I was speechless, my knees were trembling for joy, and both my hands were locked with his. I've been waiting for those words to come out from his mouth for 2 years and here it is. I looked up and my eyes locked with his, the rain still pouring down on us but now it was a bit settled and calm.

 

“I love you Lysel” he whispered then locked his lips with mine. I slowly closed my eyes as I treasure this very first kiss and it's with the man I love, it's with the only man I'll ever love.

 

Lee Junho, you're my past and my future.