Invisible Tie

Ghost Love

 

[Soomi]

 

As I floated into the living room I saw Junsu sitting by himself in the kitchen. He looked so lonely and hurt. I slowly made my way to him and started going through his mind. He was thinking about this girl at Daegu, I haven't seen her before. She's not popular but she was sick. Junsu was worried about her, she means a lot to him but I couldn't figure out why.

 

I was busy listening to Junsu's dilemma that I didn't hear Jay's room door opened. He stood frozen when his eyes and mine locked. Lysel looked at him then looked my way.

 

“She's here?” She whispered. Jay nodded his head lightly with his eyes still glued with mine.

 

“Hi” Lysel's tiny voice whispered. I smiled and then Jay smiled. I stood up and headed their way. I stood in front of Lysel and smiled again, I saw her shivered a little then I looked Jay.

 

“Can we talk?” I asked and he nodded his head.

 

“I'll be out for awhile okay?” He whispered to Lysel and Lysel just smiled giving him a light peck on the cheek. I stood by the door waiting for Jay to open it because somehow I just can't go through the walls. I'm going to bet Sunye is behind this. For some reason she wants me stuck with Jay.

 

Jay looked at me confused.

 

“I can't go through and don't ask why because I don't know as well” I said. He didn't ask just like I said and he opened the door for me. I made my way out then we walked side by side.

 

I couldn't talk to him, I was that scared to face our feelings for each other. We didn't go to the practice room where he confessed his feelings for me instead we headed for the rooftop. As soon as we arrived there we stood with a gap in between us. He leaned onto the wall with his back faced away from the city while I do the opposite.

 

“Aren't you scared?” I started when I knew he wasn't going to talk at all unless I talk first.

 

“I told you before I'm not scared of anything” he replied confidently while releasing a smile. I was afraid he would say that, I really was.

 

“I mean about me, about us?”

 

“What's there to be afraid of?” he asked not making eye contact with me.

 

“A lot of things, a lot of people, a lot of pain...” I replied almost mumbling the words to myself.

 

“I'm not scared of any of it. I'm only scared of not being able to spend time with you the way I should be spending it” he said sweetly. I can't handle this I'm trying to be positive about the whole situation but I just can't.

 

“But I'm scared for you... this is wrong Jay. You and I are just wrong, we can't have a normal relationship like Junho and Lysel or like Wooyoung and that girl he's flirting with in there, and we can't. You're the only one who can see me and who can hear me, no one would believe that I actually exist”

 

“Lysel does!” he attacked.

 

“I know you heard me confessing to her about you. She believed me; she didn't have doubt in her. She believed that I really am in love” he continued. I need to come up with a good come back for this.

 

“What if she only said it because she's your friend?” DAMNIT! I'M THE WORST PERSON EVER, SORRY LYSEL!

 

“I know Lysel well enough to know when she's pitying me and when she's not, I don't need a soul to tell me if she believed me or not.” He replied fiercely.

 

I'm starting to at comebacks.

 

“You want to know what you're afraid of?” he said to me while tilting his head towards my way.

 

“I'm well aware of what I'm afraid” I replied quickly.

 

“No I believe you're not”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because if you were, you wouldn't be afraid to tell me how you really feel about me. Soomi you are afraid of falling in love or at least admitting you’re in love with me because you worry that when the time comes I won't be strong enough to let you go” he explained.

 

“You won't be”

 

“How do you know that for certain?” He asked and I didn't have an answer.

 

“See, you don't. Why shall we fight against the way we feel?” he continued. I sighed to myself knowing I won't win against this argument.

 

“I don't want this chance to be full of regrets for you again. You lived them before already, I want to make a change” he continued.

 

Change? What for? Seriously, I can't just barge into someone's life and make them fall in love knowing that after awhile I will disappear and never come back. I didn't reply to the questions he was saying after that, I stood frozen staring at the black horizon while he blabs more stuff to me.

 

Nothing was sinking in maybe because I don't want it to sink in. He was making a lot of sense, too much sense actually. He was telling me how I never had the chance to fall in love and now the opportunity has come why I won’t take it.

 

It's too obvious isn't it?

 

“What's wrong with Junsu?” I asked cutting off all his annoying mumbling. He was annoying me like seriously, I didn't come here for him to lecture me about this whole thing; I wanted to ask why he started feeling the way he did but we ended up talking about regrets.

 

“Why are you changing the subject?” He asked almost yelling at me.

 

“He looked sad, he was worrying about a girl” I continued ignoring his question completely. As if I'm going to answer any of it anyway.

 

“Girl?” he asked me confused.

 

“Yeah some girl at Daegu I think...” I said.

 

“Oh, Kimi” he replied.

 

“Kimi who?”

 

“We met her during the times we went to visit Junsu's family. The whole town went crazy when they found out we were visiting there. Kimi wasn't bit interested in us, she was an innocent girl who got pushed side by side by fans during our visit down there. And Junsu being the guy he is, he helped her up and took her in with us. Ever since then we got closed with her, she stays with Junsu's family now since she lost her parents when she was still young. Before we met her, she lives by herself and survives by working and studying at night; it was sad.” He explained.

 

“She's sick and Junsu is so worried about her. He doesn't know what to do, he was almost crying in the kitchen. You should go back and ask him what's wrong, I'll see you again soon okay?” I told him.

 

“Promise you'll see me again tomo...” before he could finished I disappeared on him, I didn't know if he was going to see me tomorrow or the next day. I wanted to know why he fell in love with me but since he went off topic I couldn't ask why.

 

I watched him from afar yet I could hear what he was thinking. I felt bad because he was sad now, he felt stupid not telling me the other things he wanted to say. Then he whispered something into the thin air which was sent my way.

 

“No matter where you are, we will always have this invisible tie. You'll come back I know you will” He whispered then released a smile.

 

I smiled to myself just by the thought of him being so committed to what he feels but was I?