Visible

Ghost Love

 

[Soomi]

“What do you mean separation?” Jay asked while holding onto both my arms. I didn't want to breathe another word but I know I just can't leave anything out. We did promise to get through everything together, so we will.

“You're phone will ring soon. Jin Young will ask you to see him after dropping me and the girls off. He will ask you to do the hardest thing a person can ever ask you to do, he'll ask you to separate from me for awhile. He'll tell you it is for the best and also for my safety” I explained to him while he looked at me with pain written all over his face.

At the end of this night he and I will be separated.

We really would go our own way, it's been written already.

Sunye never told me for how long, all she ever told me was that Jay and I will find ourselves going through things all by ourselves. I probably have 3 weeks left in this world and it is hard to even think about any of this.

“I'll say no!” He said.

“You and I can't fight fate Jay”

“Soomi, we did it once, why can't we do it again?”

“Because this time it's different, you have to listen to what your Entertainment will say to you. It will hurt babe, all of this will hurt but I am telling you that through all of this, you and I will make it through... together” I assured him.

There was a lie along those lines. I wasn't sure if we were actually going to make it through together. This , all of this .

Our little conversation was cut off by the sound of his phone. I released a sigh then sat on the pavement of the streets. I watched as Jay tries to justify himself with Jin Young, and as the conversation goes on; I could see the frustration and the disappointment written all over his face.

His heart rate was going irregular, he is about to explode.

I stood up from the pavement and touched his shoulders lightly, and then I smiled. He replied with his brows raised and a crooked smile. When his phone was shut closed, I pulled him into a hug. He didn't talk neither did I. Silence was all we needed right now, maybe a quick think of everything. A couple seconds later, I felt something wet falling onto my shirt, and there it was again – Jay's water works.

I felt his pain, clichéd as that sounded, but I really did feel his pain. Remember when I said there was an invisible tie connecting him and me? It's true, there is that tie. And even if he was a million miles away, I'd always know if something was wrong with him. Not only does the tie link us together, our hearts are twisted together – without a doubt.

“I don't want this night to end” He whispered in between his sobs. I chuckled a little because during those moments that’s exactly what I was thinking too.

“Everything in this world will meet its end, right?”

“Why is our fate so messed up?” He asked then we laughed. Although we know this whole relationship won't last for one year in reality; in our hearts, this will stay forever. Yes, our fate is messed up but that's what makes everything exciting right? I guess...

“You can still call me you know, I won't be far” I told him.

“Where would you be?”

“I'd stay here with the girls; I'll search for that boy. I'll also wait for Sunye to tell me when it’s okay for me to come find you again. I'm 100% sure Jaemin will also fly back to Seattle with you. Jae Yeon won't be able to leave Wooyoung at this rate and same goes for Lysel, with Junho I mean.” I answered.

“Oh yeah, that boy... When you meet him please do tell him thank you for missing all this while” He replied and I got what he meant straight away. Basically what he meant is that because of this boy, he and I found each other.

“I sure will” I told him and formed a smile. We were still in each other’s arms, he was more emotional than I was, and well one of us had to be the pants of the relationship. We both can't fall apart, that'd be more messed up. Neither of us wanted to let go, but I know deep down this night will end and we'll have to go our separate ways for awhile.

“I think it'll be good to be separated for awhile, don't you agree? We have to think positive about situations like this babe. We have to prove that we can do things apart and nothing will change, you know?” I told him, trying to be optimistic but seriously that's a lie, I'm all pessimistic but like I said we both can't fall apart.

“Yeah, I guess so” was his reply. Didn't sound sincere but he did try.

Oh, Jay, what am I going to do with us?

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

[Jay]

“Yeah, I guess so” I replied wanting to sound sincere but I'm sure I failed miserably. I didn't know how to see a positive light about being separated from this beautiful girl wrapped around my arms.

I tried picturing the next couple of days in my head, but all I can see was Mi's face fading slowly... the thought of her being away from me scares the sh*t outta me. She hasn't got that long on Earth but now we have to deal with being separated, it's like; they (the higher power) are testing our love for each other.

All my self-thoughts were cut off when I felt Mi, trying to break away from my hug. She placed her hand on top of my shoulders and gave me a smile. She then tip-toed a little then landed a peck on my lips. She pulled away quickly and smiled again, I wish I could read her, the way she can read me. I wanted to know what she really feels...

“I need this space, just like you need it.” She said.

“MI...” I started but was cut off by her.

“Trust me babe, it's going to be alright! Just try and be strong when you're away from me and I'd do the same while I'm here. Sure, I'd miss you and probably message you every single day but we both need to breathe. Take a step back and just do what we got to do” She told me.

“How could you be so positive about this?”

“I don't know. All I know is that love conquers all, well, I know our love will... don't you think so?” She motioned then chuckled. She sat down on the steps and pulled me down next to her. She locked her arm with my arm then laid her head on my shoulder, she sighed loudly two times then I saw her lips pout.

“Why?” I asked her.

“Khun's on the way down, that means bye bye to you for awhile” She said.

“Mi, do you remember what you said to me at JeJu Island?” She lifted her face and looked at me puzzled. “I'd do it now, I'd run away with you” I told her. Instead of saying 'Yes' I received a slap right across the head.

“WHAT?!”

“We don't need to run away, what we need is to face these trials, separated or not... It'll make us stronger. That's what we need” She told me.

The door behind us then swung opened.

Our heads tilted and saw Khun standing by the door.

“The girls are asleep now” He told us. Soomi stood up first then pulled me up. We were seconds away from saying our little goodbye.

She hugged me then whispered in my ears; “No matter where you are, I'll always come find you. Just think of this as something we need to do to make our love stronger... I'll see you real soon.”

I held back the tears and told her I loved her.

“I love you too” She said and pulled away.

She bowed her head towards Khun and slowly walked towards the door.

“I'll see you soon” I told her. She looked back and smiled.

“You'll always see me...” she then touched her heart and continued “I'd always be visible here.” She waved goodbye and so did I...

I'll miss you...