Secret Admirers

Ghost Love

 

 

[Jay]

 

“Have you gone insane? You are no longer sober” she said while pulling my head so I could lie back down on her lap.

 

I swear I'm still sober and I still know I haven't gone insane because if I have, I wouldn't remember that she's a soul right now. She was staring blankly at the wall thinking really hard.

 

“YAH, stalker-ghost, what's on your mind?” I asked her. She looked at me straight away with another one of those dumbfounded looks.

 

“Nothing” she lied. I felt sorry for her; she can never lie to me... WAIT! I feel sorry for me too, she can see right through me T-T.

 

“What's on your mind?” she asked me.

 

“Me? A lot of things”

 

“Like?”

 

“How are we going to get rid of that Eunhee chick? How I'm going to help you find whatever or whoever it is you are looking for and a lot of other things that you shouldn't worry about” I replied.

 

“For a guy who is foul mouthed, weird, insane – I think you're not that bad after all” she replied then giggled. Have I totally gone insane? I feel like I can still hear her heartbeat.

 

“Are you sure you don't hear anything?” I asked again.

 

“Go to bed Jay, its late” she told me then she slowly closed my eyes with her soft beautiful hands. Next thing I know I was deep into my sleep.

 

. . . . .

 

“Jay, Bali, you're late for practice” I heard Lysel say as she pulls me off the couch. I slowly opened my eyes and I felt that Soomi wasn't there anymore, I looked around the living room then I found her outside the balcony. My face suddenly formed a smile; Lysel whacked me across the head. I looked at her with my eyebrows raised.

 

“BALI! You're late” she continued along with the pulling.

 

“Araso, are you going to be fine here?” I asked her and she grinned letting me know she's alright.

 

“Okay, I'll be going now” I said and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

 

. . . .

 

I arrived at the dorm and the boys were all gathered together mumbling stuff. I quickly walked over to where they were and sat next to Wooyoung locking my hands around his neck. They all looked at me surprised and I just grinned. Soomi went straight for the room, who knows what she's doing there.

 

“Where have you been?” Junho asked annoyed.

 

“Did you hear about Eunhee yet?” I asked.

 

“Yes. That's why everyone is so bewildered by the thought that she's going to be our new manager. You went to visit your girlfriend again, didn't you?” Taecyeon said.

 

“No I stayed with Lysel last night, she drowned herself with alcohol again” I said and I saw Junho worried straight away.

 

“She's okay. So what's going on...?”

 

“GOODMORNING GUYS!” I heard Eunhee's familiar and annoying voice echoing inside the room.

 

We all turned around and found her smiling happily while taking her shoes off. Junho stood up straight away and headed towards the room. Eunhee's eyes followed him, her happy face turned into sadness.

 

“YOU... Is it time for our practice?” I said rudely. I wasn't going to go all nice on her. I don't like what she did to Junho, she made him afraid to fall in love; she made Lysel suffer for two years.

 

“Is that a way to talk to your manager?” She asked while she sits on the couch. I rolled my eyes; the rest of the guys got up and stood in front of her. I stayed sitting down with my back away from her.

 

“Because today is my first day, I manage to ask JYP to give you guys a break for the day. But starting tomorrow you 7 will be working hard, no going out late at night. No going out at all. You 7 will be spending time with me 24/7, fail to do so you will get some punishment. This is not a joke so take it seriously. You will ask for my permission if you want to go see someone out of the building, you will not be allowed to spend a lot of time with your girlfriends or anyone else for that matters...”

 

“THAT'S BULLSH*T” I objected not letting her continue. This is completely messed up, as if not let us see people outside JYP building.

 

“I beg your pardon Jay?”

 

“You can't do that to us. I'm going to see JYP about this; you can't just tell us that we can't see anyone. Don’t be es” I said angrily.

 

“Hyung, stop it” Wooyoung said.

 

“What exactly do you want Eunhee? Are you trying to break Junho and Lysel apart? You see, that's not your real plan when you came over here yesterday. You just wanted to let Junho know that you were going to be our new manager, I don't know for what reason but that's your real plan. But then when Lysel introduced herself as Junho's girlfriend your head went spinning for ways to break them apart, that's why you hurried to JYP to talk to him about your conditions. You really are a , no wonder...” I stopped when Soomi popped out of nowhere and glared at me.

 

“No wonder what? That's a really good theory Jay.”

 

“Whatever, if we are done here can I get out of here now. I have a bestfriend to take care of.” I said then called for Junho.

 

“Jay, I know how much you hate me and trust me I am not here for Junho, I'm here to work. You have to get use to it” she said before I slammed the door behind me.

 

“You okay?” I asked Junho who looked like the whole world crashed before him once again. Soomi was on my left side and I can feel the change in the atmosphere. Worried? Angry? I couldn't tell which.

 

“I'm fine. I'll go see Lysel now, if you don't mind can I have some time alone with her?” Junho said. I nodded my head and he was off.

 

“What are you going to do now?” Soomi asked.

 

“I'm going to see JYP” I replied and headed for the office.

 

= . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = . = .

 

[Soomi]

 

I followed Jay as he angrily marched his way to JYP's office. He was really angry about the whole not being able to see anyone outside. That will pay for this, I swear she will. My days are running out, a week is almost over which will leave me with exactly one month and one week right? I haven't got any clues. I wish I can visit Eunmi right now but Jay needs me more so I want to stay with him. I have no idea why but I'm going to stay with him for as long as he needs me.

 

We finally arrived at JYP's office. Jay barged into the office like he was some crazy guy ready to kill. JYP was bewildered by Jay's sudden move, he raised his eyebrow and Jay stared at him angry.

 

“She can't do that to us. Those rules are just not acceptable” Jay started. JYP chuckled to himself making Jay boiled into so much anger. I placed my hand on his shoulder sending him some of my calm energy to make him relax. He let out a big sigh and took a seat.

 

“And who do you think you are to tell me that those rules are not acceptable?” JYP said. He was starting to get on my nerves, he sound just like my cousin.

 

“It's really unfair that we cannot see people outside the building, who do you think YOU are to stop us from seeing those who matters to us?”

 

“Jay in case you have forgotten, I am the one who brought you here. You are here because of me now if you are going to be disrespecting me the way you disrespected me before I don't think I can tolerate that. You have no relatives or girlfriend in Korea, so who are you seeing outside the building?” JYP replied.

 

“I have a bestfriend who happens to be my responsibility. I promised her parents that I will take care of her and I can't do that if I can't see her” Jay excused but he was hiding something else. He wanted to say more but he was holding himself back for an anonymous reason.

 

“Who said you won't be seeing Lysel anymore?”

 

Jay looked at JYP confused, what is Eunhee pulling off now?

 

“I've seen her a couple of times and we have been talking about the designs that she presented to me and the other staff and we offered her a full-time job here in JYPE so she will be staying here from now on” JYP replied.

 

“MWOH?” Jay replied shocked.

 

“Does Eunhee know about this?” He asked.

 

“No why would I tell her?”

 

“Good and sorry I went off like that. She just gets on my nerves” Jay replied happily. He was about to go outside when JYP called for him again. He tilted his head a little and gave JYP an innocent look.

 

“She's not the reason why you find those rules unacceptable. Am I right?”

 

I guess I wasn't the only one who knows that Jay was lying.

 

“No, there's a very special someone I gave a promise to. So I'm sorry if I ever break the rules, it's nothing personal” he replied then shut the door. I was left inside JYP's office and I heard him chuckled to himself then whispered “Jay is growing up, about time.”

 

My foul-mouthed boy growing up? That's hard to believe. I quickly got out of the office and followed Jay. I didn't want to talk, I wasn't sure if I was the special someone he promised to help.

 

“Time to visit your sister to get some answers” he suddenly said. I looked at him and he smiled at me. I smiled back and then we were off on a mission.

 

. . . .

 

“Tell her Park Jaebeom of 2PM is here to see her” Jay informed Miyoung our front desk assistant. She dialed the number to my sisters’ office and informed her. In less than seconds Miyoung was telling us to go upstairs. My sister must be shocked and thrilled to know that her ex-lover is here to see her.

 

-

 

“Jay, what do I owe this honour to?”

 

“Nice to see you too Ellie” Jay greeted giving my sister a peck on the cheek. Ellie then gestured Jay to take a seat then she offered him some tea. She still knows how to entertain her guests.

 

How would Jay convince my sister to tell him stuff about me and what happened to me that night? I was curious but Jay is the one there and I'm not.

 

“How you been?” Jay started. Ellie replied with a faint smile which made me feel a bit sad. I wasn't ready to hear the heartaches of my sister; in fact I will never be ready for it. She loved me too much and I loved her too much too, it's just a bit too sad to hear how much I broke her heart.

 

“It's going to be okay, I'm going to be okay” she said. Jay gave her the nod and grinned.

 

 He then took a sip of the tea and examined the office of my sister. Ellie's room was filled with all the works I did on Photoshop; she displayed them in her office like they were some magnificent and worthy arts... they were my FAILTASTIC works.

 

“What about you Jay? How have you been and how long has it been since I last saw you?”

 

“I've been good, never been better actually. And I don't know how long it’s been since I last saw you. I felt like it's been forever since I saw you eye-to-eye.” He replied.

 

My sister giggled then smiled. I haven't heard her giggle in awhile, it’s great to know someone else can make her happy.

 

“Still a fan of those dried mangoes?” Ellie said while she pulls something out of her drawer. I've never seen what was under that drawer, she never allowed me to see it. She grinned at Jay then handed him the dried mangoes. So that's what's been under that table of hers. A smiled formed in Jay's face, I was feeling sad looking at them both; I should be happy but somehow I wasn't.

 

“Thanks but I didn't come here for the mangoes” Jay suddenly said causing Ellie's smile to disappear.

 

“How are the boys?” Ellie asked changing the subject completely.

 

“The boys are fine. Why ask so suddenly?”

 

“Well I haven't received any letter from Taecyeon in awhile. Nichkhun on the other hand dropped by last week to drop a letter off” she replied. Jay and I were confused, the boys were sending my sisters letters?

 

“Why would they send you letters?”

 

“I never said it was for me, it's for Soomi” she answered.

 

For me? Why would they send me...?

 

“The boys send letters to Soomi? Since when and why?” Jay asked sounding annoyed at the idea of the boys sending me stuff. I felt him raging inside and I don't even know why.

 

“I thought you would know but anyways Taecyeon and Nichkhun were my sisters’ secret admirers. It's not a secret to me since I found out who they were when I caught them. But I don't think both of them know that they like the same girl. Taec stopped sending my sisters letters when she died 5 months ago but Nichkhun still sends the flowers and the letters.”

 

Nichkhun and Taecyeon?

 

Those letters were from them? And the dead flowers were from Nichkhun?

 

“Jay I never received any letters or flowers from the boys when I was still alive, I didn't even know I had secret admirers” I whispered to Jay.

 

“Did your sister know about this?”

 

“No I couldn't tell her. My mum didn't want me to let Soomi knows that she had admirers because she was getting arranged with someone I don't even know about. She didn't want Soomi to fall in love with anyone that's why she never let her searched for the person who saved her that night she almost got .” Ellie explained.

 

My mum can be such a cunning person. I hated how she wanted to rule over my life and Ellie's life, I hated the way she treated me and Ellie. She made it seem like we were still kids who can't make our own decisions, sometimes I respect her because she is after my entire mother but most of the time she suffocates me.

 

“I heard about that person. Did you actually found him? I read an article about it” Jay said continuing the conversation. I praise him for his good investigation skills.

 

“No, we never did. That article was my mum's idea; it was to stop all the other articles about my sister. You know the ones where they say my sister didn't even say thank you and just disregarded the person who saved her life. Mum found it annoying and bad publicity for the company so she decided to pay the people who owns that article with the amount they wanted.”

 

“Do you have a slight clue on who this guy is? I mean wouldn't you want to thank him for saving your sisters life?”

 

“Of course I want to but my hands are tied Jay, I can't continue looking for him and plus it's been how long since that incident happened. Soomi was 15; do you think someone would remember saving her? Look at you, you don't even remember how many girls you have saved already because of s like those who attacked my sister” Ellie excused.

 

“That's not the point, since when did you found out about Nichkhun and Taecyeon admiring your sister?”

 

“Ever since we started this company, anonymous letters were addressed to this building under my sisters’ name. Some of them were just normal fan letters while two caught my eye. They were expressing their love for her through a letter, it was quite fascinating. They stopped sending for awhile but then they started flooding our house with it. One day I caught Khun putting the letter inside the letter box while leaving the flower on the doorstep and I happen to be coming home from work, Soomi stayed back that day to finish something I never got to see but that's not the point. Same goes for Taec when he dropped those letters.

 

Ever since then the letters come to me and they expect me to give it to my sister but I never do. Instead I used to talk to my sister about it. I would make up stories and scenarios about secret admirers sending letters to a girl. She would tell me what she would do or what she would reply if she was in that same position and I would write them for Khun and Taec” she explained. She took a deep breath and continued.

 

“I was about to tell my sister about it but I was too late. I wish I wasn't scared you know; I wish I was more like Soomi. She was never afraid to follow what her heart was telling her to do. I regret so many things and now I can't bring them back because she's gone. I should have held on...”

 

“Please stop!” Jay suddenly said. Ellie and I looked at him confused.

 

“If she was here, she wouldn't want to see you hurt this way and neither do I. Stay strong Ellie, it was nice to see you again. I hope you take good care of yourself, I don't think I'll be visiting for awhile. Some pain needs to heal and obviously yours hasn't. Bye Ellie, be good okay?” Jay said and bid my sister farewell. Ellie held back the tears so her make up wouldn't get ruined.

 

'Some pain needs to heal and obviously yours hasn't' I thought to myself trying to process what it meant. Ellie would still be hurting of course; I haven't died for that long.

 

Jay and I walked out of the building without saying a word to each other. We caught a taxi and headed out for the tree house.

 

. . . .

 

The atmosphere was annoying me. There was too much silence in the air and there was anger burning inside Jay's heart. He leaned against the wall where he leaned on before when we first came here.

 

“Wow secret admirers, I really am connected to you more than we both know of” I started clearing the anger and the silence in the air. I was smiling happily to myself and then Jay shot a hateful look towards my way. I was scared; I have never seen him this angry. His eyes were burning like a fire that won't die down so easily.

 

“What's wrong with you?” I asked. He just took a deep breath and looked away.

 

“If you were to pick between them both who would you choose?” he suddenly asked.

 

“Why?”

 

“Just answer me” he commanded.

 

“Taecyeon~oppa, waeyo?”

 

“Taec or me?” he said.

 

I was confused as hell why is he acting like this? What did I do?

 

“You” My mouth released. I bit my lip because of how surprise I was with what I just said. He looked at me then a smile formed on his angry face. The air changed inside the house, his heart was filled with nothing but happiness.

 

“Glad to know. I'm off then, got to talk to the boys about their obsession with you” he said then winked at me.

 

“In the meantime keep an eye on Eunhee for me, if that's okay?” he asked.

 

“The almighty leader of 2PM who only command the people around him is actually asking me a favour” I joked. He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

 

“I said if it was okay”

 

“I'd love to, because of you I found out who my admirers were. Two hot admirers” I continued with my jokes.

 

“Stop it, you make me so jealous” he replied before going down the house.

 

I couldn't help but smile because of his dorky personality and his wonderful heart. Why couldn't I meet him before I died?